Print Thread
Hop To
Page 23 of 37 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 36 37
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
I dont know how old the earth is. I dont know when He said a day to Him is as a thousand years really meant a thousand years to us or if it meant that to Him time meant nothing and was irrelevant. It may have been symbolism.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
When He talked about the 4 and 10 headed beasts He was not meaning He would make a critter with 4 heads running around eating people.

I think He was referring to the modern Babylon that includes the educational system, financial system, government, and religious factions that are working to control and destroy a civil and ordered society of families.

I think i have seen this 4 headed beast in action.

Anyway. Its Sunday. Ive argued too much for it already.

Have a nice day and may God bless you as your needs may be. Jag.

Last edited by jaguartx; 04/23/17.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

An anti-theist argument against a specific god requires a definition of the god being discussed. Can you even define your God?

Never answers anything, always runs back to this premise...

Always wants someone to define the undefinable.

[Linked Image]

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by jaguartx
I dont know how old the earth is. I dont know when He said a day to Him is as a thousand years really meant a thousand years to us or if it meant that to Him time meant nothing and was irrelevant. It may have been symbolism.

Are you saying you reject all science that contradicts your interpretation of scripture?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
I reject science that has a BS agenda. Good day.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
How apropos, Deer. grin

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by TF49
AS posted:

"And every moment on your knees in prayer will have been wasted, and all that time spent studying and praising the non-existent will have been wasted as well.

I on the other hand can continue to use my Sundays to go hunting, sleep in, or as I hope to do tomorrow, hit the range.

As for me, Hitchens nails it: ..."

AS,

Who cares what hitchens thinks.

That's a diversion and a cop out.

I answered your question so it is over to you.

What happens to you if God is real and Jesus is who He says He is? Obviously, this refers to your death. What happens?

You inserted yourself into an Easter thread about the Risen Lord!

C'mon Man!

What if Jesus is real and he is who he says he is? What happens to you?

edit to add: Here is what an atheist thinks of htichens:

Take a look at it: http://www.salon.com/2013/06/23/christopher_hitchens_lies_do_atheism_no_favors/

AS,

So, are you running away again?

You, challenged me and said "I asked you first." I answered and you have done nothing but bob and weave.

So, again, I put to you:

"C'mon Man!

What if Jesus is real and he is who he says he is? What happens to you?"

You have answers for everything else, why not here?

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

[Linked Image]

Some cat in TX would choose to see that as prophesy fulfilled.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Starman

Starman seems to quote many verses, I would assume that he is a "born again" Christian...

Reading or quoting scripture doesn't necessarily make anyone any form of christian .
I read, quote & reference scripture to highlight the fact that some of the claims made
by self-professed christians often do not correlate with actual christian scripture.

Christians often have no basic clue of what the core fundamental principles and requirements
of being a christian entail.

Starman,

You were easily outed.

TF

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
You inserted yourself into an Easter thread about the Risen Lord!

You mean back when we were discussing the fact about how we determined the date, and who first came up with that method?

You mean back with I specifically suggested an Easter Truce and was commenting on Lamb and wine?

You seem to forget Easter is now a National Holiday in the United States, AND YOU DON'T OWN IT. We have a secular constitution and non-Christians can choose to celebrate it how they choose, even if that includes posting in a Eastern themed thread on a secular forum.

Before you go throwing stones, perhaps you should go back and look to see who started throwing them first. I'll give you a clue. It wasn't me.

AS,

You are still avoiding the issue. More bobbing and weaving from you.

So, you inserted yourself in a Risen Lord thread and you cannot answer one to the most basic questions in Christianity?

No, I think you are afraid to answer.

btw, here is an excerpt from the Salon article:

White is discrediting hitchens.

“In discussing the exodus, Hitchens dogmatically asserts: “There was no flight from Egypt, no wandering in the desert . . . , and no dramatic conquest of the Promised Land. It was all, quite simply and very ineptly, made up at a much later date. No Egyptian chronicle mentions this episode either, even in passing. . . . All the Mosaic myths can be safely and easily discarded.” These narratives can be “easily discarded” by Hitchens only because he has failed to do even a superficial survey of the evidence in favor of the historicity of the biblical traditions. Might we suggest that Hitchens begin with Hoffmeier’s Israel in Egypt and Ancient Israel in Sinai? It should be noted that Hoffmeier’s books were not published by some small evangelical theological press but by Oxford University—hardly a bastion of regressive fundamentalist apologetics. Hitchens’s claim that “no Egyptian chronicle mentions this episode [of Moses and the Israelites] either, even in passing” is simply polemical balderdash.”

This is a very interesting article. Worth a read. Anyway, notice the criticism that hitchens fails to do even a superficial survey of evidence in favor of the historicity of …..” and later that hitchens claim is “simply polemical balderdash.”

AS pretty much says that hitchens speaks for him and he apparently admires hitchens. One cannot miss how both AS and hitchens ignore certain historical evidence that does not support some biased thesis and that both are guilty of “polemical balderdash.”

Yep, AS and hitchens. Brothers in that spirit of polemical balderdash.

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
And if you picked the wrong god:

Dawkins is an intellectual lightweight. Filled with "polemical balderdash."

For those who care to get more info, check this article:

http://www.davidsinclairmc.com/christianarticles/THE%20DAWKINS%20DELUSION.pdf

Oh, and you are still diverting, bobbing and weaving and avoiding the issue.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

AS,

I have said that Dawkins is an intellectual lightweight.

Notice that he never addresses the question. He avoids it entirely and runs away. He is a good jokester but the joke is on those poor souls that buy into this bs.

Seemingly, Dawkins, like you cannot address the question.

I really do wonder why. It is a simple answer; well to me it is simple, maybe not for you.

Edit to add: From a previous post:

There is also the problem with the initial "origin of life" situation. Here is a quote from an avowed evolutionist:

“The complexity of the simplest known type of cell is so great that it is impossible to accept that such an object could have been thrown together suddenly by some kind of freakish, vastly improbable, event. Such an occurrence would be indistinguishable from a miracle.”

― Michael Denton, Evolution: A Theory In Crisis

Dawkins said pretty much the same thing. I suspect there is no model for explaining this origin of life thing.

But like Dawkins says; paraphrased: There is no God and the universe just is here, maybe forever, with no cause and although it is very, very unlikely, life just happened. So, the universe is just here and life is just here but I am sure that there is no God that had anything to do with it.

Sad joke played out before our eyes.

Last edited by TF49; 04/23/17.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman
The only think you know for absolute fact is that right now, you are thinking, and there for you exist.

If evolution is true you could not even know what you think you know because randomness rules!

Wrong.

Because Evolution is not a random process.

That is about as silly as statement as an evolutionist can come up with.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Prove He doesnt exist.

I cant believe you are too ignorant to know, after seeing the prophecies of Ezekiel and the Lord and others fulfilled you hold to the notion a bunch of shepherds thousands of years ago didnt write down for posterity a bunch of lucky guesses as to what the future on earth would hold.

They majority of your scientists believe in man made global warming. Do you?

An anti-theist argument against a specific god requires a definition of the god being discussed. Can you even define your God?

How about we begin with this part of the definition.

Do you believe your proposed god create the earth closer to 6,000 or 4,000,000,000,000 years ago?

You have trouble with the God of the Bible because you can't conceive of Something greater than yourself. The God of the Bible is Infinite Intelligent Energy. The God of the Bible is Spirit filling every space and non-space in this small toy of His we call the universe.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You loose! Time was established for humans, not God. The Verse in Peter you are referring to reference His patience toward sinners wanting them to come to Him and be saved. God is not in time or space like we know them. He fills them in all directions at the same time. His Word is very clear. He established a day from the first dark / light cycle. And since He is in charge He called it night and day. On the forth day He gave us an indisputable reference even for the slowest of us. He recorded for us in Genesis 1:14-19,

"Then God said, 'Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night, and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and years; and let them be for lights in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth'; and it was so. God made the two great lights, the greater light to govern the day, and the lesser light to govern the night; He made the stars also. God placed them in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth, and to govern the day and the night, and to separate the light from the darkness; and God saw that it was good. There was evening and there was morning, a fourth day."

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Following scientific principles can never lead a man to become an Atheist. BTW, a man has to BECOME an Atheist just as he becomes a Christian, Muslim, Hindu, or any other religion.

A man adopts a religion in response to a prompting from within himself.

He becomes an Atheist by denying that prompting, probably because he interprets it as a threat to his Self, which it is.

Any Scientist worthy of the name knows there are things which can only be experienced and are not suitable for scientific investigation. Such as Love, for instance. It is real and it's effects are observable, but it can't be quantified or analyzed.

So, demanding "evidence" for the existence of a Higher Power is a cop out.

You might as well demand dehydrated water when you are thirsty.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Dawkins is an intellectual lightweight. Filled with "polemical balderdash."

For those who care to get more info, check this article:

http://www.davidsinclairmc.com/christianarticles/THE%20DAWKINS%20DELUSION.pdf

Oh, and you are still diverting, bobbing and weaving and avoiding the issue.

The PHD Biologist I referance is a light weight, so you counter with a Christian Aid worker?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Following scientific principles can never lead a man to become an Atheist. BTW, a man has to BECOME an Atheist just as he becomes a Christian, Muslim, Hindu, or any other religion.

A man adopts a religion in response to a prompting from within himself.

He becomes an Atheist by denying that prompting, probably because he interprets it as a threat to his Self, which it is.

Any Scientist worthy of the name knows there are things which can only be experienced and are not suitable for scientific investigation. Such as Love, for instance. It is real and it's effects are observable, but it can't be quantified or analyzed.

So, demanding "evidence" for the existence of a Higher Power is a cop out.

You might as well demand dehydrated water when you are thirsty.

NO...

Love is absolutely studied via the scientific method. We've even been able to determine what parts of the brain it stimulates and what chemical releases are caused. So this is an experience for which we have evidence.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Ringman

You loose! Time was established for humans, not God. The Verse in Peter you are referring to reference His patience toward sinners wanting them to come to Him and be saved. God is not in time or space like we know them. He fills them in all directions at the same time. His Word is very clear. He established a day from the first dark / light cycle. And since He is in charge He called it night and day. On the forth day He gave us an indisputable reference even for the slowest of us. He recorded for us in Genesis 1:14-19,

"Then God said, 'Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night, and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and years; and let them be for lights in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth'; and it was so. God made the two great lights, the greater light to govern the day, and the lesser light to govern the night; He made the stars also. God placed them in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth, and to govern the day and the night, and to separate the light from the darkness; and God saw that it was good. There was evening and there was morning, a fourth day."

RM,

Thank-you.

We may disagree upon much, but at least you are honest about the actual words in the scriptures.

And you might be a Young Earth Creationist who disagrees with any scientific finding contrary to your interpretation of the Bible, but at least you are honest about it, and own it full stop.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by carbon12

[Linked Image]

Some cat in TX would choose to see that as prophesy fulfilled.

Yep. Chitt gets smeared. Take care. wink

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 23 of 37 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

456 members (01Foreman400, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 17CalFan, 41 invisible), 2,424 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,627
Posts18,474,206
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.