T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Disgusting. When people quote the words of condemnation written in scripture, you blame them rather than Him.

OF course I blame them ....because Jesus is not the one going around threatening people like your fellow christians
feel the need to do on a regular basis.

There is no real need for your wacko god club buddies to go around doing that to others.

So, if you believed something that was not true, would you want to know it?

Obviously you don't.

You once said "I asked you first." So, can you answer the question or will you bob and weave like you did before?

If you were believing something that was untrue, would you want to know that?

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
At times, protesters boast of disbelief when they are reaching out.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by CCCC
Among the many Christians I know, never have I seen one profess that his/her belief is superior to that of another person. .
Over the yrs there has been a fair share on various gun forums telling how non-believers will burn in hell for eternity. and that to avoid such you must believe what they believe

If one were to assume that you are correct in making that statement, it would be correct to note that you are not there citing any statement of "superiority" - none at all. If a person explains a belief and advises you regarding consequences based on that belief, you are being informed.

Such consequence need be of no importance to you if your beliefs differ, and no superiority is involved. If the noted consequence is a bother to you, you may be tempted to accept the expressed belief or, at least, look into its credence.

With regard to spirituality, no human Christian has any authority over you or your consequences, and no person is superior by virtue of a belief.

There are many Christians in government, and other positions of authority who attempt to legislate their beliefs onto others.

There are many Atheists in government, and other positions of authority who attempt to legislate their beliefs onto others.

Is this what you are tying to do in this forum?

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Among the many Christians I know, never have I seen one profess that his/her belief is superior to that of another person. .
Over the yrs there has been a fair share on various gun forums telling how non-believers will burn in hell for eternity. and that to avoid such you must believe what they believe

If one were to assume that you are correct in making that statement, it would be correct to note that you are not there citing any statement of "superiority" - none at all. If a person explains a belief and advises you regarding consequences based on that belief, you are being informed.

Such consequence need be of no importance to you if your beliefs differ, and no superiority is involved. If the noted consequence is a bother to you, you may be tempted to accept the expressed belief or, at least, look into its credence.

With regard to spirituality, no human Christian has any authority over you or your consequences, and no person is superior by virtue of a belief.

There are many Christians in government, and other positions of authority who attempt to legislate their beliefs onto others.

There are many Atheists in government, and other positions of authority who attempt to legislate their beliefs onto others.

Is this what you are tying to do in this forum?

So all I have to do is write something in this forum and it becomes law?

That's a cool trick. Is it covered under the 10th amendment?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by curdog4570
You are still avoiding the question of why you chose to be an Atheist.

Your claim of "no evidence to support it" is B.S.

The default position regarding God is Agnosticism, not Atheism.

Why did you choose Atheism, not Agnosticism?

Gene,

The modern use of Agnostic and Atheist have evolve since the term agnostic was coined by Thomas Huxley in 1869.

Today it's common to separate the two categories to belief and knowledge to better explain a persons position.

When doing so,

atheist/theist deals with believe,
agnostic/ gnostic deals with knowledge.

So as an example, a gnostic atheist is someone who knows there is no god, where an agnostic theist is someone who has a belief in theistic claims, but does not claim knowledge. In other words, this is the state of a good many Christians in this country who believe in God, but cannot tell you why, and probably haven't even read their Bible. This is probably the actual default position for most Americans. We live in a Christian dominated society where "everyone knows there is a God", so most grow up believing before they've every really studied or examined the issue. Some begin as an agnostic who does not automatically accept the theistic influences around them. Since they have not accepted the theistic claims, they begin as agnostic atheist. In other words, the true default position is one of atheism, not theism.

So when I say I'm an atheist, all that means is I reject theist claims. Since it is the Theist making the positive claims, it is they who have the burden of proof, and and this point, to me, all theist claims, Christian or other wise have failed to meet this burden of proof.

I can't say I'm Agnostic, because I'm very knowledgeable on the subject, so you could classify me as a gnostic atheist. One with knowledge who does not accept any theistic claims.

For me, the question is all about reason and evidence, an to date, you have presented no independently verifiable evidence to support your theistic claims, let alone any extraordinary evidence to match your extraordinary claims.
Thinking themselves wise, they became as fools.

Whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire. Matthew 5:22

Out of context, as usual. You don't know what you're talking about. What does Proverbs say about answering a fool?

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by RickyD
You are still avoiding the question of why you chose to be an Atheist.

Your claim of "no evidence to support it" is B.S.

The default position regarding God is Agnosticism, not Atheism.

Why did you choose Atheism, not Agnosticism?

Gene,

The modern use of Agnostic and Atheist have evolve since the term agnostic was coined by Thomas Huxley in 1869.

Today it's common to separate the two categories to belief and knowledge to better explain a persons position.

When doing so,

atheist/theist deals with believe,
agnostic/ gnostic deals with knowledge.

So as an example, a gnostic atheist is someone who knows there is no god, where an agnostic theist is someone who has a belief in theistic claims, but does not claim knowledge. In other words, this is the state of a good many Christians in this country who believe in God, but cannot tell you why, and probably haven't even read their Bible. This is probably the actual default position for most Americans. We live in a Christian dominated society where "everyone knows there is a God", so most grow up believing before they've every really studied or examined the issue. Some begin as an agnostic who does not automatically accept the theistic influences around them. Since they have not accepted the theistic claims, they begin as agnostic atheist. In other words, the true default position is one of atheism, not theism.

So when I say I'm an atheist, all that means is I reject theist claims. Since it is the Theist making the positive claims, it is they who have the burden of proof, and and this point, to me, all theist claims, Christian or other wise have failed to meet this burden of proof.

I can't say I'm Agnostic, because I'm very knowledgeable on the subject, so you could classify me as a gnostic atheist. One with knowledge who does not accept any theistic claims.

For me, the question is all about reason and evidence, an to date, you have presented no independently verifiable evidence to support your theistic claims, let alone any extraordinary evidence to match your extraordinary claims.
Thinking themselves wise, they became as fools.

Whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire. Matthew 5:22

Out of context, as usual. You don't know what you're talking about. What does Proverbs say about answering a fool?

Riddled with contradictions.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The events you describe took place BEFORE Jesus ascended.

LOL..so what!...Jesus was already in spirit form upon resurrecting and leaving the Tomb.
and was then around on earth for 40 day period appearing to people before ascending.

so again, Why do you consider your invisible Jesus experiences superior to those visual and aural ones
of Mary and the Disciples when spirit risen Jesus appeared and spoke to them?

The answer is there in the Scriptures but of course you don't know that.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
If one were to assume that you are correct in making that statement, it would be correct to note that you are not there citing any
statement of "superiority" - none at all. If a person explains a belief and advises you regarding consequences based on that belief,you are being informed.

When a christian tells another their life is not complete without the belief they have in God (and a burning in hell consequence for not having the same beliefs )
they are implying their choice of belief is the better one, - -

WEAK ! Now you are down to describing what a person is "implying" - pretending that you have the power to read their mind and announce their intent. What YOU feel and what YOU take upon being so informed is YOUR action, not something done by the purveyor. Why not take responsibility for your own digestion, interpretations and feelings rather than trying to lay false guilt on those who explain their own beliefs?

Believe as I do or my god will burn you forever?

That's "just sharing their beliefs".

BS. It's a cohesive threat as part of their attempts to convert the weak minded to their religion.

It's the Mafia Boss technique:

Nice afterlife you got there. It would be a shame if something were to happen and it was to go up in flames. Tell you what, I got my boy Jesus here. You give over all your beliefs to him, and I'll make sure nothing happens to it for you.

So, you post on an "Easter" thread and then encounter Christian posters and then you get offended when they share their beliefs. LOL

Not all the snowflakes are at the universities. Oh, wait a minute. Do you work at a educational facility?

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Ego's go where angels fear to tread.

This thread has become more about one up-manship than Jesus.

For those who fancy the idea of "converting" anyone here, its a fool's game of an excuse. Once one entreats, to invite Jesus into his life, is refused, the Bible, in essence, says to leave him alone. That is, if one is following the Bible as a guide. But I've become doubtful that this is really about Christianity and Jesus.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
If one were to assume that you are correct in making that statement, it would be correct to note that you are not there citing any
statement of "superiority" - none at all. If a person explains a belief and advises you regarding consequences based on that belief,you are being informed.

When a christian tells another their life is not complete without the belief they have in God (and a burning in hell consequence for not having the same beliefs )

WEAK ! Now you are down to describing what a person is "implying" - pretending that you have the power to read their mind and announce their intent. What YOU feel and what YOU take upon being so informed is YOUR action, not something done by the purveyor. Why not take responsibility for your own digestion, interpretations and feelings rather than trying to lay false guilt on those who explain their own beliefs?

BS. It's a cohesive threat as part of their attempts to convert the weak minded to their religion.

Nice afterlife you got there. It would be a shame if something were to happen and it was to go up in flames. Tell you what, I got my boy Jesus here. You give over all your beliefs to him, and I'll make sure nothing happens to it for you.

So, you post on an "Easter" thread and then encounter Christian posters and then you get offended when they share their beliefs. LOL

Not all the snowflakes are at the universities. Oh, wait a minute. Do you work at a educational facility?

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Interesting...

You didn't disagree with my description of your religions Mafia like tactics. Instead you just try to claim that because I'm not a Christian I have diminished rights.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 04/26/17.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You are a happily deluded christian thinking you can outsmart God and escape judgement.
yet scripture clearly indicates you will be judged by Jesus at the behest of God.

Have you contrived another of your foolish escape plans?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Wyogal
Ego's go where angels fear to tread.

This thread has become more about one up-manship than Jesus.

For those who fancy the idea of "converting" anyone here, its a fool's game of an excuse. Once one entreats, to invite Jesus into his life, is refused, the Bible, in essence, says to leave him alone. That is, if one is following the Bible as a guide. But I've become doubtful that this is really about Christianity and Jesus.

^^^^

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

You are a happily deluded christian thinking you can outsmart God and escape judgement.
yet scripture clearly indicates you will be judged by Jesus at the behest of God.

I'm not sure he will escape Muhammad:

Those who die while believing that “There is no true god but God, and Muhammad is the Messenger (Prophet) of God” and are Muslim will be rewarded on that day and will be admitted to Paradise forever, as God has said:

And those who believe and do good deeds, they are dwellers of Paradise, they dwell therein forever. (Quran, 2:82)

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

You keep saying that. Why do you think that I believe that I will not be judged?

Also, you made a post that listed a number of references from the Bible about judgments. Do you understand that they are not all the "same." Did you read comment to you about the different judgments?

I fear you simply do not know whereof you speak.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
TF,

Why do you participate in threads like these?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You keep saying that. Why do you think that I believe that I will not be judged?

You said that you plan to escape the final judgement by sucking up to Jesus

What about God’s “justice.” Will He not judge sin and will there not be a final accounting? ....
.... God made a way, Jesus’ death and God’s grace so we could escape the judgment.

Where do you get this 'escape from final judgement ' idea from?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

You said that you plan to escape the final judgement through sucking up to Jesus
but the bad news for you is, that Jesus is the one thats going to be doing the judging.

What about God’s “justice.” Will He not judge sin and will there not be a final accounting? ....
.... God made a way, Jesus’ death and God’s grace so we could escape the judgment.

As I said before, there are many judgments in the Bible.

I suggested you study up on the Great White Throne judgment and evidently, you have not done that.

Lest you continue in your misconception, there is no doubt in my mind that I will be judged by Jesus. Further, let there be no uncertainty in your mind, I get rebuked (judged) by the Holy Spirit every day.

You have made comments about biblical judgments and you have little knowledge about the judge and the "judgees."

Edit to add: I just read Starman's most recent post. So, there are judgments and the judge and of course the "judgees." There are different "courts" if you will and different issues to be judged in those courts. There is a difference in being judged at the Great White Throne and the bema seat. You will need to study up on this.

Last edited by TF49; 04/26/17.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I think everybody would be better served if believers did not engage non believers in acrimonious exchanges. With argument you have about as much chance convincing a fence post and you are driving a non believer into a corner. A better tactic would be to quietly make your case and then produce fruit in your own life that others can see. Too many people have had too many dishonest and faithless dealings with those who quickly validate their honesty by presenting themselves as Christians who wouldn't lie, embezzle, cheat etc and then proceed to do these very things. And we should all do like the Publican and stand afar off and pray "God have mercy on me, a sinner". Pray for these non believers. They are more than you can handle or win by force of argument. But He can convince. Pray for non believers, go into your closet and pray. I have a family member who was a preaching, recruiting, evangelizing atheist, and due to a work the Lord did in his life he now is a powerful voice and real example for the Lord and fills in as a lay preacher in his fundamentalist independent Presbyterian Church. Pray for these folks, do not berate or denigrate them. Be a friend and be an example that following Jesus produces something they need. There are plenty out there claiming to be Christian and the next thing that comes out is a lie or something hateful.Kind of gives Jesus a bad name when that is the introduction they get.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I think that religion is a very personal thing.
Then why do Christians have to go around threatening their god will burn people for ever if they don't convert?
Christians do not have to do that - at all - neither necessary nor useful. Matters not to one who knows the difference between a supposed contemporary human threat and a Biblical truth.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Page 29 of 37 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

206 members (264mag, 204guy, 17CalFan, 358WCF, 257_X_50, 25 invisible), 2,199 guests, and 1,142 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,625
Posts18,492,879
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.