Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Soap.

Some years ago, I was walking through the parking lot and noticed that a co-worker's car was leaking gasoline. He told me that there was a pin-hole leak in the tank but he hadn't had time to take it to the shop yet. Asked him if he had a bar of soap that I could borrow. He retrieved one from his gym-bag, then stood there and watched in amazement as I rubbed it over the pinhole and stopped the leak. "That should hold until you can get it fixed properly" I said.

Saw him a couple of weeks later and he said that he hadn't taken the car to the shop yet; he just rubbed that bar of soap on there every few days. I guess it probably held up until the next big rainstorm.

GB1

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Not what these products were "designed" for:

Skunk Smell Remover Recipe

1 quart hydrogen peroxide
1/4 cup baking soda
1 tsp. dish detergent

Sponge on and let dry. Safe for use on cats and dogs. If you need to double or triple this recipe you can easily do it. Do not use on clothes.

Genome

PS, you have dogs? You have skunks in the neighborhood? I'd suggest having these handy then. wink

O I got to Alaska works to prevent skunk smell altogether. 😋

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
BRAND NEW, UNUSED toilet brush.

[Linked Image]

Scissors.

Use scissors to trim off the bristles on the toilet brush until small enough to fit into your thermos or insulated coffee mug.

I have a few trimmed to different sizes for my various thermoses and insulated mugs.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Paraffin wax as release agent for bedding. Soften it with a torch or blow dryer then use like car wax except it polishes up extremely clean and harder than car wax. When cold it is hard enough for filling voids instead of putty or clay when preparing an action for bedding. When finished a common blow drier turns it to water so it can be wiped right off. On stainless or blued guns we leave the wax as a rust preventative.

We use our 20 ton shop press to customize HiPoint pistols when they come in. Our dehorn and slenderize carry package makes them much easier to fit more of them in the garbage where they belong.

"Hired Gun" Quickest and fastest all motor sand car on the planet.
3.008 at 104.8 300' of sand.

NRA Patron Life Member, Gunsmith, Instructor, Chief RSO
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
For women. Anafranil is the winner hands down.

Marketed for. Depression. But a side effect of it is that it can induce a spontaneous orgasm when a woman yawns while taking it.

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Baling wire, you can use it for almost anything. I think some of my dad's old ranch trucks may have been about half wire, a quarter duct tape, and ten percent JB Weld.

[Linked Image]
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Troubleshooter
Soap.

Some years ago, I was walking through the parking lot and noticed that a co-worker's car was leaking gasoline. He told me that there was a pin-hole leak in the tank but he hadn't had time to take it to the shop yet. Asked him if he had a bar of soap that I could borrow. He retrieved one from his gym-bag, then stood there and watched in amazement as I rubbed it over the pinhole and stopped the leak. "That should hold until you can get it fixed properly" I said.

Saw him a couple of weeks later and he said that he hadn't taken the car to the shop yet; he just rubbed that bar of soap on there every few days. I guess it probably held up until the next big rainstorm.

WE use that on wreck calls fairly regular to plug holes...some folks are amazed when they see it...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Fellow I knew in Alabama used baling wire to hold a short piece of oak tree as a tire rod for his '50 Chevy when the original broke! Drove it 3 years that way!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Yer all wrong! Certs is a laxitive!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by joken2

If you have ever had the paper filters for drip coffee makers fall down when you're brewing coffee and wind up with pot of coffee full of grounds and/or hot coffee overflowing all over the counter top you know what I'm talking about.

This is what put a stop to it for me -- a cheap plastic and mesh reusable coffee filter ($2.00 +/-).

They aren't worth a dang as filters used alone but placed inside the one time use paper filters they keep the sides of the paper filter from falling/folding over while brewing and making a big mess and ruining a pot of coffee.

Wet the filters first, then add the grounds. The paper filter won't fall over.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Deep Woods Off is supposed to be a pretty good headlight restorer.

It sure ain't good on gunstocks!

Was dove hunting and getting eaten alive by mosquitos. Took a can out of my pickup and applied liberally. went back to hunting with my minty Belgium Browning A-5. Soon my hands started feeling sticky... from the finish being removed by the Deep Woods off. shocked

Sprinted back to the truck and sprayed it and my hands down with WD40 to neutralize the Off. It worked, but not before I had fingerprints all over that unmarred stock.

I fixed it though with some liquid buffing wax.

Got my attention though.

Off and nice wood stocks don't mix. Mosquitoes be damned.

Same thing happened to me squirrel hunting with my Brno Mod 1 .22, I ended up having to refinish the stock.

WD-40 is also good for removing grease from your hands. Just spray it on and rub it around then wipe off with a rag.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

At my age, EVERYTHING'S a laxative. grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by deflave
My COCK.

Clark

As bluegill bait?

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Spraying WD40 in the coffee filter basket before you put the filter in there will keep it up too -- just kidding smile , but it does work well for cleaning mortar off of trowels, levels, shovels, mixers, etc. Clean them first with brushes and water like always, but when some old stuff you missed in the past starts to accumulate, soak 'em down with WD overnight, or even better, over the weekend, and they'll be much easier to clean Monday morning. You can also spray WD on windows and metal or plastic door and window trim before you lay brick, stone, or stucco, and your mess will wipe off -- you'll need to go back later with Windex.

[Linked Image]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

You mean Indian food.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 325Abn

[Linked Image]

I've never been able to figure out how to use one of these.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
BRAND NEW, UNUSED toilet brush.

[Linked Image]

Scissors.

Use scissors to trim off the bristles on the toilet brush until small enough to fit into your thermos or insulated coffee mug.

I have a few trimmed to different sizes for my various thermoses and insulated mugs.

Maybe this will help jnyork in his dilemma........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kingston

[Linked Image]

I've never been able to figure out how to use one of these.

Toothbrush Duh!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

D
dpd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Bar soap makes wood screws( especially those long deck screws ) a lot easier to screw Just rake the screw on the bar and screw it in . Works slick.

Seven dust works great on ground hornets. Wait till dark , sprinkle it around the whole. The workers bring it down . Kills the whole colony overnight.

Dawn dishwashing soaps kills wasp . Mix it in a cup with lots of suds. Dump it , sling it or whatever . Dead before they hit the ground .

WD-40 also works !!!!!

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
WD40 melts cockroaches.

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 2500HD, 22250rem, 06hunter59, 1234, 53 invisible), 3,347 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,705
Posts18,534,770
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.