Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Although they keep talking about artillery, I think the current threat is short and medium range rockets.

I think another problem is knowing exactly where they are because they're mobilized. I'm sure we could take out a bunch, but not all.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan

21 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I seriously don't think people are giving the United States enough credit for its ability to wage war. Armies are founded on a number of things, but logistics and communication are near the top. Within hours of a conflict the NK will not be communicating with the men in the field--if that long. Every meaningful bridge, major thoroughfare, airfield, petrol supply depot, naval base and ship/submarine will be destroyed in the first day of conflict, secondary targets will come as necessary. Most assuredly, the leadership will suffer drastic reductions at the outset, including Kim. Properly placed MOAB bombs would take a heavy toll on artillery/tunnels near Seoul and would surely be simultaneous with the opening of conflict. Supply chains, such as they exist for the NK army would be disrupted--no one fights well without food, gas, clothes etc. Things that move of NK origin, will simply become targets. The conflict would undoubtedly begin at night, as the U.S. owns the night----by morning the conflict would already be moved to another level. We have yet to discuss the powerful SK army. How long will the NK fight without "leadership"? That might be the question. This is my take on it. Of course, YMMV

Last edited by 21; 05/01/17.

"Never force anything, just get a bigger hammer".
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by Armednfree
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
"35 miles to the DMZ. No artillery made can do that."

Damn, you are right. I just looked it up. I have been saying, on this thread and elsewhere, for years that the North could decimate Seoul with artillery. I have read that in articles and heard it on the radio for years.

But those cannons can't shoot 35 miles. WTF?
Why are these experts on tv talking about the artillery danger to Seoul, when there is none?

Except for this 170mm piece. 60 KM max range. It was developed in NK specifically for that purpose. Koksan M-1978 170 mm artillery piece

[Linked Image]

Yeah but that is 27 miles , they have to go 35. How many of these weapons and how many shots do they get off before they are destroyed?

This is a map of the Korean DMZ. It is 56. 3 miles from Seoul. The could hit Seoul only with the rocket assisted rounds but then only if they were deployed on the very forward edge. That would be from the bulge in the line.

I figure the NORK's would try and push that bulge as to close the range. I also figure the U.S. and South Korea would turn that into a killing field and then cut it off.

Gotta figure that narcissistic cock sucker will try and run the battles himself, with no experience to do so. The same mistake Hitler made. Then you have to figure, when was the last time NORK forces went to real war. Was it 1953 at the end of the conflict when the DMZ was established? So nobody in the military of North Korea has any combat experience. The few little conflicts they engaged in do not prepare them for a war on their own soil.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Armednfree; 05/01/17.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 21
I seriously don't think people are giving the United States enough credit for its ability to wage war. Armies are founded on a number of things, but logistics and communication are near the top. Within hours of a conflict the NK will not be communicating with the men in the field--if that long. Every meaningful bridge, major thoroughfare, airfield, petrol supply depot, naval base and ship/submarine will be destroyed in the first day of conflict, secondary targets will come as necessary. Most assuredly, the leadership will suffer drastic reductions at the outset, including Kim. Properly placed MOAB bombs would take a heavy toll on artillery/tunnels near Seoul and would surely be simultaneous with the opening of conflict. Supply chains, such as they exist for the NK army would be disrupted--no one fights well without food, gas, clothes etc. Things that move of NK origin, will simply become targets. The conflict would undoubtedly begin at night, as the U.S. owns the night----by morning the conflict would already be moved to another level. We have yet to discuss the powerful SK army. How long will the NK fight without "leadership"? That might be the question. This is my take on it. Of course, YMMV
We are in agreement. Great summary.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
"35 miles to the DMZ. No artillery made can do that."

Damn, you are right. I just looked it up. I have been saying, on this thread and elsewhere, for years that the North could decimate Seoul with artillery. I have read that in articles and heard it on the radio for years.

But those cannons can't shoot 35 miles. WTF?
Why are these experts on tv talking about the artillery danger to Seoul, when there is none?

Except for this 170mm piece. 60 KM max range. It was developed in NK specifically for that purpose. Koksan M-1978 170 mm artillery piece

[Linked Image]

Yeah but that is 27 miles , they have to go 35. How many of these weapons and how many shots do they get off before they are destroyed?

I was wrong on my part the range is actually 37 miles...didnj't do the conversion correctly. My apologies

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by 21
We are in agreement. Great summary.

I think NOrth Korean technology is behind the times and will lead to another mismatch , this will be another repeat of Gulf War 1 but even more soldiers will be killed on their side.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
NK has left only one good option for the US, missile strike on Kim. Cut the head off the snake and avoid the drama.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
having worked that AO for a year in a unit not to be named, i can tell you that we have had that schit dialed in for decades. ya there would probably be some problems south of the border but in short order he would see some serious schit coming his way. actually he probably wouldn't see a lot of it other than the effect.

My diploma is a DD214
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 06hunter59, 64 invisible), 2,121 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,775
Posts18,495,739
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.