-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If the Army was tasked with building the wall, Congress would still have to provide the funds. The President manages a budget, written and passed by Congress, that he has endorsed by way of his signature. He has some latitude to move funds and people around but, in the absence of a declaration of war (which would also require congressional approval), I doubt that he could simply tell the Army to build it and fund it from an existing budget. However, I was a little shocked that DHS could persuade the President and congress to simply waive the provisions of the National Environmental Policy Act and the Endangered Species Act for DHS's border security operations.

As I inferred in the last post, it has become a circus without a ring master down here on the border.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mudhen
Since 1907 the government has owned a 60-ft wide strip along the entire US-Mexican border. It's called the Roosevelt Easement.

You old fuggers know everything! wink

To be honest I did not know this until know, Thanks for informing thy uninformed.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by BuzzH
Mudhen,

There may perhaps be a 60 foot easement, but how you going to get to that 60 foot easement?

Ponder that, building a wall with no legal easement across private or reservation land, that wall isn't going to happen...

Ever heard or NEPA? Yeah, that wont be a picnic either.

It's called in the law an "easement by necessity." If the only access I have to my drain line is across my next door neighbor's property, I'm permitted to enter on that land for the purpose of maintaining said drain line when required. Same principle should apply here.

'Easements' are the last fuucking thing the Feds are worried about.

It was an analogy, but you're correct.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by djs
Just call it a vital national security issue, which it is. Funding would then be through the military, over which he's Commander In Chief. Much better spent than all the foreign intervention.

Would it be legal for the military to build the wall; aren't domestic operations by the military illegal (except for the National Guard, in certain situations).

Don't they build army bases and such in the US, funded through the military budget?

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by mudhen
If the Army was tasked with building the wall, Congress would still have to provide the funds.

Sure, but same if the Army is tasked to launch a hundred cruise missiles into some tents in the Middle East. Doesn't mean they wait for funding approval from Congress before they do it.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by djs
Just call it a vital national security issue, which it is. Funding would then be through the military, over which he's Commander In Chief. Much better spent than all the foreign intervention.

Would it be legal for the military to build the wall; aren't domestic operations by the military illegal (except for the National Guard, in certain situations).

Should be legal as long as they don't "execute the laws".

abusus non tollit usum
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Why not just have a bake sale?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by djs

During WW II, the US Army built a hiway across Canada to Alaska ans across a good share od Alaska. Don't see how construction of a wall on the Southern border would be any different. Though I also like the idea of the actual wall well inside Mexico, and the ma dueces just inside US territory.

DMZ? Hell teah! You don't hear of many N Koreans getting into S Korea,

Last edited by Idaho_Shooter; 05/01/17.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Why not just have a bake sale?
I know, let's have a spelling contest.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
That's not an illegal order.

To take land from thousands of American citizens with compensation and then to build a wall on it?

Oh, it don't get more obviously illegal than that.

I don't know who's more of a danger to America, the Democrats or some of our own.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
That's not an illegal order.

To take land from thousands of American citizens with compensation and then to build a wall on it?

Oh, it don't get more obviously illegal than that.

I don't know who's more of a danger to America, the Democrats or some of our own.

The border is owned by the United States.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hard for me to get a handle on how this TRH's blithering, incoherent, and vague unspecific generalities can generate so much continued response.
....has me wondering if the site upgrade sees the annual KOTY awards moved to a new date, and are closer than we thought.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The new funding bill prohibits (thanks to all the GOP p*ssies) any spending for a wall for now.

I suggest that Trump call up the Kentucky and Wisconsin National Guard for border patrol until the P*ssies in Chief of the House and Senate quit fugging around. Pretty sure he can do that, 9th Circuit be damned.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Pappy348
The new funding bill prohibits (thanks to all the GOP p*ssies) any spending for a wall for now.

I suggest that Trump call up the Kentucky and Wisconsin National Guard for border patrol until the P*ssies in Chief of the House and Senate quit fugging around. Pretty sure he can do that, 9th Circuit be damned.

While your support is appreciated, and with ALL due respect for the National Guard
....... don't think you have a clue about what a debacle NG deployment here (again) would almost immediately turn into.

Thanks, but an emphatic NO THANKS.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Not to worry, I don't think it would ever get anywhere near the deployment stage.

Ryan and McConnell just need a boot up their azzes. Better from Trump than in the 2018 midterms.

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

189 members (1minute, 29aholic, 10gaugemag, 805, 338reddog, 45_100, 22 invisible), 2,381 guests, and 1,006 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,758
Posts18,514,927
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.