Page 36 of 37 1 2 34 35 36 37
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Gus
oh jeez, here we go again, and it just on and on and on.

the facts are: according to the theologians, the anthropologists, the philosophers, the psychologists, the physicists, the astro-biologists, and various others is the true commonality: we don't know where we are, we don't know from whence we came, and most certainly we don't know where we are headed next.

once we can find common ground, if ever, then the skies might open, the sun shines in, and folks can dance happily around the maypole. until then, it's just discussion, negotiation, and speculation.

i'd like to see some ldrshp. it appears to be in rather short supply. but life does go on.

Gus,

You forgot Astrologers.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
dammit it to hell, and yes, i did forget. they were on the tip of my tongue, but i let it slide. i don't know if i'll ever learn or not.

it would be good to remember too, but i keep forgetting.

president reagins wife seemed to be on top of things, like star wars, and related. maybe she knew a lot? nancy was her name i think?

at any rate, if the space aliens did choose to attack the Urth, would the pagans, christians, & muslims all be on the same side, or on different sides? so many questions, and so few answers. keep digging, china is out there somewheres.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gus

the facts are: we don't know where we are, we don't know from whence we came, and most certainly we don't know where we are headed next.

Christians can't accept not knowing, they instead feel the need to attribute it to some mythological sky fairy.
No different to pagans and their polytheism gods, christianity simply centralised its belief into monotheistic form.
its easier to sell one central god to the masses than marketing a whole bunch of them... wink

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by Gus

the facts are: we don't know where we are, we don't know from whence we came, and most certainly we don't know where we are headed next.

Christians can't accept not knowing, they instead feel the need to attribute it to some mythological sky fairy.
No different to pagans and their polytheism gods, except christianity conveniently centralised it into monotheism.

true. but the followers of the christian tradition has helped in a way. back in the day the greeks had about 100 or more gods to worship depending upon the season, the weather, and the productivity of the earth.

now, the christians has reduced the number of gods from the hundreds down to three. that was a substantial reduction in numbers. so they have made progress, and they need to have full credit for their efforts. this god thing is not an easy process. it's gone on for ages, and it still moves forward, sort of like evolution, more or less.

the vikings were told to convert or travel to another place. they had a choice.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Three gods?
The Bible teaches that God is one in essence, but three in Person -the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit.

Originally Posted by Gus

the vikings were told to convert or travel to another place. they had a choice.

therein lies the problem with christians, for Jesus did not suggest enforcing such hostile ultimatums.
not surprisingly, theres a similar hint of such arrogance with some 24CF christians.

we have backward primitive christians who still believe in talking donkeys and are offended by others who disagree with them
(including other christians)
Then we have rational wordly educated balanced mind christians who just do their best to actually live by christian values,
and not as constantly moaning victim status hypocrites.

IC B2

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
we did the very best we could do under the circumstances, and given the time constraints.

a monotheistic god is just that. one. kinda like YHWH (the mighty yhwh for the neophytes). if one is signed on to the muslim philosophy then it's allah.

i personally don't care if jesus was the born son of a rape of mary the teenager by a roman soldier, a chaldean archer, or not. he's still jesus. what's the big deal?

Jesus has manifested some really good & useful Teachings to the Urthen. just like Buddha & others, the effort is to provide instructions for humans to live prosperously and happily on an earth that is structured as an eco-system.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Gus
we did the very best we could do under the circumstances, and given the time constraints.

a monotheistic god is just that. one. kinda like YHWH (the mighty yhwh for the neophytes). if one is signed on to the muslim philosophy then it's allah.

i personally don't care if jesus was the born son of a rape of mary the teenager by a roman soldier, a chaldean archer, or not. he's still jesus. what's the big deal?

Jesus has manifested some really good & useful Teachings to the Urthen. just like Buddha & others, the effort is to provide instructions for humans to live prosperously and happily on an earth that is structured as an eco-system.

Gus,

You are presuming Jesus existed.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
AS, you also presume to have knowledge about my "major university" degrees that contest my contention, as you do my contention that Jesus is Lord.

Now, if you are similarly as certain, surely you would be willing to lay some long green to back up your denigration. Right?

Carbon, as to your statement about me reminding you of eyeball, well, if i were that slow in connecting a few thousand clues, i wouldnt be hypothesizing about the origin of mankind.

Finally, the last and slowest member of the Fire connects the, well, stripes in the highway. Sheesh. WINK

You guys may be right. After all, i knew this guy who had a bad gas leak develop and his house had this huge explosion. Guess what. When he came home his house was a freaking mansion. What are the odds. Youse guys may be on to something. GRIN.

Last edited by jaguartx; 05/02/17.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gus

I personally don't care if jesus was the born son of a rape of mary the teenager by a roman soldier, a chaldean archer, or not. he's still jesus. what's the big deal?

Nobody should care or judge on that , but theres a pretentious segment of christians that prefer the facade of the sanitised facelifted version of such events.

Jesus was carried in the womb of a single mother, ...yet how many times have we heard judgemental christians condemn pregnant single mothers!!!!

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by jaguartx
AS, you also presume to have knowledge about my "major university" degrees that contest my contention, as you do my contention that Jesus is Lord.

Now, if you are similarly as certain, surely you would be willing to lay some long green to back up your denigration. Right?

Whoosh....right over your head.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

IC B3

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Gus

I personally don't care if jesus was the born son of a rape of mary the teenager by a roman soldier, a chaldean archer, or not. he's still jesus. what's the big deal?

Nobody should care or judge on that , but theres a pretentious segment of christians that prefer the facade of the sanitised facelifted version of such events.

well yeah, i have no clue whether jesus was the first borne of a god that impregnated a female virgin on the earth. whether she consented, i'd say she did, probably. so, a god impregnated a virgin. it don't get no better than that, does it?

on the other hand, the Teachings of Jesus is what it's all about in my book. the mystics can practice mysticism. the majicians can practice the high majicc. it's all good. everyone should believe what they want. they have that right. and let's hold on to that right, please when push comes to shove.

what were the Teachings of Jesus, leaving all the mystical stuff aside? what did he say, what did he preach?

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

Yeah. I reported major univ and you equated it to discovery channel.

I guess your reply means "no bet"?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Yeah. I reported major univ and you equated it to discovery channel.

I guess your reply means "no bet"?

Still over your head.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gus
so, a god impregnated a virgin. it don't get no better than that, does it?

christians will tell you rape is OK as long as God does the raping.

the idea of a Roman soldier being the father makes Christians feel a little too common.

Originally Posted by Gus

what were the Teachings of Jesus, leaving all the mystical stuff aside? what did he say, what did he preach?

off the top of my head, Judge not....and..Turn the other cheek.

if you include the mystical, the 1st and 2nd greatest commandments were:

LUKE 10:27 " Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind;
and thy neighbour as thyself"

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Gus
so, a god impregnated a virgin. it don't get no better than that, does it?

christians will tell you rape is OK as long as God does the raping.

Originally Posted by Gus

Judge not....and..Turn the other cheek.

if you include the mystical, the 1st and 2nd greatest commandments were:

LUKE 10:27 " Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself"

not knowing exactly, but it zounds like all of us, and them, and the trees, and birds & bees all came from the first single cell live "consciousness." ?? aim i missing something?

humans are quite the complex being. wonder where all the complexity came from or originated? was there something afoot that no one understands?

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Carbon, as to your statement about me reminding you of eyeball, well, if i were that slow in connecting a few thousand clues, i wouldnt be hypothesizing about the origin of mankind.

My bad and point taken.

Had my suspicions some while ago. Especially when you first waxed expertly on a disease of the eye.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gus

humans are quite the complex being. wonder where all the complexity came from or originated? was there something afoot that no one understands?

Humans have a complex body but their minds are still rather primitive, ..some will cheaply cloak that primitiveness in religion, sort of like a polished turd.

Originally Posted by Gus

not knowing exactly, but it zounds like all of us, and them, and the trees, and birds & bees all came from the first single cell live "consciousness."
?? aim I missing something?

Consciousness you talk of I consider a universal thing, theres nothing to say consciousness doesn't also exist on its own outside any living thing
be it single cell or conglomeration of many.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
a jaguar in tx is nearly impossible. the whole scenario is false, and without logic or credible discussion.

a jaguar can & does walk amongst us, but jaguartx is a dude that has his beliefs and is sticking with them.

a jaguar running across the road at midnight under a full moon is nearly impossible to imagine.

what we have here is a failure to communicate. nothing more.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Gus

what we have here is a failure to communicate. nothing more.

Amen.

And it certainly does not help when you choose to post in riddles. Just saying....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

And was accepted into a 4 year doctorate program at a major university after 3 years of pre-med. I was accepted a year early, before even completing my under grad degree. I was awarded an honorary bachelors degree in order for to award my Doctors degree.

All this was after completing a scientific course in Comparative Anatomy, no less.

Define "major", please, as it relates to and modifies "University".

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Page 36 of 37 1 2 34 35 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (1minute, 1234, 007FJ, 160user, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 62 invisible), 2,118 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,778
Posts18,495,840
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.