-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Have sold and bought back several rifles over the years. Even sold and bought back one Marlin 336 Texan 30-30 twice!

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Way back when I turned 21 and was hot for a handgun, I sold a Ruger tanger in 6mm to a cousins son-in-law who was just starting to hunt. Eventually the cousin died, camp died, and the son-in-law quit hunting. I had offered a couple of times over the years to buy it back but he hung onto it. I finally got rifle back a couple of years ago, about 34 years after I sold it.

Dale

This space for rent

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by n8dawg6
NEVER had true sellers remorse on a rifle. have had it on a car though, big time

You and me both, still miss that old 5.0...

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
'06 T3 I sold my ex brother in law. He loves the damn thing so I reckon it's ok.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
My regret on a car was my High School car, sold it when I went into the Navy. A 63 Impala SS 425HP 409. I REALLY wish I could get it back. Most likely I could not afford it however..

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by David_Walter
I am blessed by association with extraordinary people.

Understatement of the year, Sir. I have no doubt it speaks volumes of the kind of gentleman you are as well.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by ehunter
Thats cool David those are true friends

I have a feeling Mr. Walters would do the same and then some. He's a cool cat.

Camp is where you make it.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Did that, and had people offer to sell me them back.

When the OMW (Original Mrs Walter) fell sick years back, I sold a bunch of guns to fund getting help. Years later, every person I had sold to called me or wrote to me (most were friends) and asked when I wanted my rifle/revolver/pistol back.

Some of them were priceless to me only, given the hunts we went on, or the places we'd been.

Since then, I've always offered to sell back to the original owner if they have sellers remorse.

Thanks for posting this. I will do the same from now on. I only regretted selling one rifle and the buyer refused to sell it back to me.

How do you know a Trump hater? They'll tell you.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I thought I was the only one who had ever done that.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Had an old Ruger 77 in 338 that would regularly shoot NBT into one hole groups. It shot NP into just over an inch. After acquiring a 340wby that shot really wel with factory loads and seeing how poorly the 200g NBT performed on elk, I sold the rifle to a buddy. I've regretted it ever since as those NBTs really worked well on big mule deer. Funny thing about the rifle was the barrel was not straight--you could visibly see it when trying to bore sight it. Still, it shot lights out with with 200g NBT and IMR4350 or RL 19.

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Mine was a 357 Blackhawk

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sold a few Savages to a friend that lives 50 miles away, bought a couple back when he tired of them rather than have them go back on gunbroker.

Miss a couple that I sold, but can't say I really regret selling them.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The only one I bought back was a plain old A-Bolt in 22-250. It has been the most consistent rifle I've ever owned and shot a few deer & coyotes with it to boot. Nothing special by any stretch, but a very reliable gun that fit well and shot better.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I sold the 8X60mm Model 98 sporter at the bottom of the picture once. About 30 years later I saw it in the used rifle rack at a gun shop. I thought it looked familiar but would have never guessed that it was one I once had. Before I knew it, I was walking out the door with my old rifle and wondering if I still had the 8X60 dies I once had.

[Linked Image]

Harry
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dale K
Way back when I turned 21 and was hot for a handgun, I sold a Ruger tanger in 6mm to a cousins son-in-law who was just starting to hunt. Eventually the cousin died, camp died, and the son-in-law quit hunting. I had offered a couple of times over the years to buy it back but he hung onto it. I finally got rifle back a couple of years ago, about 34 years after I sold it.

Dale

Good, that means there is still hope!

V
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
V
I have never bought a gun back that I sold but I have sold several that I now regret letting go (im afraid im about to do it again right now..ha!) .........Hb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know an XCRII you could get back...

E
E
Model 70 action heavy contour 24 inch barrel in 280 on a bedded McMillian stock. Sub MOA. What was I thinking!! Maybe I will track that back down and get it back....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Buy back? I have owned two different rifles three times! grin

The first was a Weatherby SS Vanguard 257 Weatherby, about 10 or 12 years ago I put it in a McMillan Sako classic stock. I called it Irish Spring, turquoise and medium green flame. Shamelessly stole the McM formula from Steelhead. It was an addictive thing. Although the stock grip didn't fit me that well and the action was gummy, elk really hated it! wink.

I would sell it, then some time later see it listed. With a photo attached to the sell ad, it's a hard rifle to miss! grin

It is gone now and will not be coming back, no desire.

[Linked Image]

The other is a pre-64 model 70 featherweight 30-06 I bought in about 1994. It was my main rifle for quite a few years, then of course I had the "better" custom rifle built so semi-retired it, and thought I didn't need it. Sold it. Dumbass. Managed to get it back, had it tuned up and put in a McM edge stock. Then somehow I was stupid enough to re-do the old don't need it so sell it phase, and did again!

Recently managed to get it back due to the generosity of the guy I sold it to, also coming up with something he wanted more helped out. wink. Anyway, I have it back and it is here forever. My "spare" rifle.

[Linked Image]

That brings up a different topic. How is it that absolute rock star first-rate hunting rifles can be replaced or relegated to spare status when it's impossible to get anything that works better? It's a sickness boys. smile

Anybody who seriously concerns themselves with the adequacy of a Big 7mm for anything we hunt here short of brown bear, is a dufus. They are mostly making shidt up. Crunch! Nite-nite!

Stolen from an erudite CF member.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Only things I ever sold were junky stuff bought cheap and never used. Problem here is the stuff I have bought at good prices, never used, and still have. whistle

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

181 members (2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 450yukon, 1_deuce, 45_100, 34 invisible), 2,254 guests, and 1,067 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,704
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.