Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 36 of 79 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 78 79
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Yesterday, I didn't have time for a warm up jog as I slept in a bit late. Stretched out well and added an additional warm up set to my lifts. Dead lifts with a set of heavy weighted dips between. Then finished with power thrusts and pull ups. Today is a rest day. Tomorrow I'm off and will stay plenty busy with dog walking, and yard work. I'll close out the day with a warm up jog, strength train and then some heart pumping conditioning.

Jeff O your latest work outs were always some of my favorites growing up on a farm and working with my Dad and Grandpa in the timber industry. Split many a cord of oak, ash, and hickory. Between that and hay hauling its amazing how little one needs to "exercise" to keep in shape.

GB1

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
beautiful evening here- mid-60's and the sun shining; got 5.5 miles in on the trails- didn't feel particularly fast, but when I got back to my truck the watch said otherwise smile

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Smolov Jr. continues. It takes from cardio but I can get cardio back, right now I am trying to shock back muscle memory.

Last edited by kaboku68; 05/09/17.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Got back a bit ago from walking the dogs for 3 hours. A lot of foamy drool formed on their bottom lip from panting. Throwing down some scrambled eggs with vegetables, salsa, and a couple strips of bacon right now. Feels well earned. Dogs are too tired to beg. All they want to do is lay on their favorite cool spots. Lazy pot licker's.

Sun's out and its gorgeous. Really feel like strapping on the pack and going for a solo hike, but I guess weed eating and yard work will be what I better do instead. It's a good day. Feeling strong and motivated to get stronger.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Got back in the gym for the first time in 10 days yesterday, did lower body and did cardio today. Been on a river cruise on the Rhine, sat around eating German and French food, drinking good beer and wine, and eating desserts for a week. But didn't gain a pound, I guess all the walking tours we did paid off.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nice. I was wondering what had happened to you! Sounds like a cool trip.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
another 5-ish mile run on the trails- another gorgeous evening- high 60's sun and no wind- very nice!

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
been doing a lot of sit up, push ups and running.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Another big day in my woods

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
What are you drinkin' SP?

Colorado Kolsch.

I'll drink kolsch when I can't drink real beer anymore.

Millions of Germans would disagree with your opinion.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Long memory! smile

So I hear! I repp'ed for a brewery for a year a few years back, and our kolsch was quite popular. Doesn't do much for me (I like beer so hoppy you could smoke it) but... to each their own.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I really liked the Gerrman beer halls. You don't even need to order another beer, when they see an empty glass they automatically bring another until you tap out by putting your coaster on top of your glass.

Not to mention the food they bring to go with it. Sausages, cured meat, and cheeses. Blood sausage was excellent.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There's a few "Germanic" venues in Eug... the one I'm most familiar with is The Beer Stein. Food is as you describe. Lots of fun! My family used to make blood sausage (illegally) but that seems to have died off with the oldest generation... I never tried it. As a kid it was just too weird.

How would you rate the overall fitness of the German population just from what you saw? My workout buddy (the rheutard) came home from a Europe trip last year appalled at how bad "we" looked in comparison.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I had the same impression of the Swiss, Germans, French, and Dutch that I saw. It's kind of striking. When we saw someone that was obese, they were almost always American.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Problem in America is that we work too hard and don't get enough sleep. We worry and work towards owning stuff rather than worrying about healthy experiences. Then there are the weak...

Last edited by kaboku68; 05/10/17.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
True dat, plus.... sugar. Sugar is poison to the human body.

My buddy said it was like being in America in the 60's-70's: skinny kids, skinny adults, and lots of people smoking.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by smokepole
I really liked the Gerrman beer halls. You don't even need to order another beer, when they see an empty glass they automatically bring another until you tap out by putting your coaster on top of your glass.

Not to mention the food they bring to go with it. Sausages, cured meat, and cheeses. Blood sausage was excellent.

I had a week long business trip last Nov. Really enjoyed the beer and the food too. First time I had blood sausage and a few other things. Good experience. Now to find similar beer in the US. Haven't found it yet but it's fun trying.

Kaboku68 - I agree with your assessment

"There is no excellance in Archery without great labor".
Maurice Thompson 1879

Nothing clears a troubled mind better than shooting a bow.
Fred Bear
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
At least in the PNW, kolsch is a "thing"... might try your local microbreweries.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
about 5.5 miles on the trails with a really "good" climb :D; I've got a 20 mile trail race on Saturday so that's it for running this week- let the legs rest up some

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Another woods day... peckerpoles are cut & stacked:

[Linked Image]

And I have this left to do, then I'm done:

[Linked Image]

Body feels good. Strong like ox <g>. One very encouraging thing, the plantar fasciitis that plagued me all fall and winter seems to be, toss salt and knock on wood, more or less resolved. I've worked the [bleep] out of my feet the last couple weeks in very uneven terrain with heavy loads... all good...

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Page 36 of 79 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 78 79

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (1minute, 160user, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 1936M71, 52 invisible), 2,547 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,337
Posts18,487,680
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.