Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
I have owned a pile of Anschutz 1416 (64 actions) they were all very accurate but not one would eject a spent case 100% of the time and I found this very frustrating and sold them.....I have also owned a bunch of CZ 452/455 rifles and every one functioned perfectly and were reasonably accurate, though I would not consider them "tackdrivers" like the Anschutz rifles were...The most accurate rimfire rifles I ever owned were a Cooper 57 and I also had a few Sako Finnfires and Quads and a couple of these were exceptionally accurate, but these rifles are quite pricey.......Good luck ...Hb

+1

My experience as well.

Over the years, I've owned a number of premium .22's, including Rem 40-X sporter, Win 52, Kimber, Annie, CZ, Cooper.

All eventually went down the road, except the Cooper. It's a keeper, wears a 2-7 rimfire Kahles scope. It has the best trigger of them all, is the most accurate.

DF

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Extremely nice!

My prettiest one is a 64 action Annie,not in the same league as your Cooper, but I think I did well on the wood. It wears my favorite rimfire scope,a VX2 4-12X40AO fine duplex.
[Linked Image]

GB1

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Wow, I like that R H Clark. Very nice and great wood. I'm not up on anschutz's, which model is that one?

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

All the quality the czechs can muster.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by K22
Wow, I like that R H Clark. Very nice and great wood. I'm not up on anschutz's, which model is that one?

It's a 14/16.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by deflave
If somebody can beat the CZ 455 American (threaded type) without going to the Anschutz 54, I'd love to hear about it.

Travis

+1

IC B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by K22

+1

I like that one, too.

Wood is exceptional, you won't likely find wood that pretty again. If it was mine, it would be a keeper.

DF

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
CZ 2500 with 29" barrel. Sorta different.

Traded for this one, already with automotive red paint. Actually the OEM birch was ugly, paint looked better. I eventually got tired of the red, it's now brown and has since been fitted with a Timney trigger.

Not quite as accurate as the Cooper, pretty close.

The Cooper is multiple times more expensive, not multiple times more better... smile

DF

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Traded for this one, already with automotive red paint. Actually the OEM birch was ugly, paint looked better. I eventually got tired of the red, it's now brown and has since been fitted with a Timney trigger.

The Cooper is multiple times more expensive, not multiple times more better... smile

DF

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
II

I'll bet that thing is quiet, too. Even with HV loads, but even better with subsonic stuff. That one looks Fun, with the capital 'F'.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

DF

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Hey,I've got one of those too. Mine is a 452 Ultralux. I like it a lot but that long barrel makes it a man's rifle,not a lightweight. I set mine up with a Williams peep sight. I figured I would take advantage of a long sight radius. It was the first CZ I ever bought. I have it, a CZ 453 my favorite,and a 452 Scout. CZ makes a great rimfire.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
It is quiet.

Not as quiet as my suppressed 10-22, but quiet.

And "different"... wink

DF

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by cisco1

All the quality the czechs can muster.

Cisco.

You have made that statement on several threads here as I recall.
Is that meant as a compliment or a slight against the CZ rifles?

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I'm not trying to speak for Cisco or anyone else here but I wanted to.comment.

I'm new to CZ's, but for $395 I bought a new 455 Lux with very good not great open sights, good not great blue, extra nice walnut and a good not great trigger, that shoots very well (but doesn't like any of the HV ammo I've tried so far). I would say that all the compliments (accuracy, quality, trigger) and criticisms (slightly rough bolt travel, trigger take up, bolt handle/scope interference) have been accurate. Its a very solid and good looking sporter that shoots remarkably well, and I feel that it was well worth my money. Especially for a rifle built to a modest price point.
I would love to see a more deluxe version with deeper blueing, a trigger that doesn't make you want to "fix" it, a bolt that glides like its on bearings, and better options for mounting a scope. I can fix 2 of those things by buying an American and doing something about the trigger myself. The other two things are kinda trivial. Maybe I'll buy one of the new Stainless Americans if they ever show up knock the thin blueing off the list too.

To me, they occupy a place in the market between all the basic Savage/Marlin/Rugers out there and the "high end" .22's but are priced closer to the basic guns. I'm glad that I spent the extra money on mine. If I had bought a Savage or a Ruger it would probably get traded somewhere down the road for something that caught my eye. I don't see that happening with the CZ, which probably explains why I practically never see used ones for sale in my state.

Just food for thought

Work is what you do to finance your real life.....
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Agree, CZ's have a niche market.

They're very high quality, especially for the price, sorta entrance level, high end.

I've looked at all kinda rifle bores thru the Hawkeye borescope,

CV barrels are works of art, no machine marks like Salvage and even Remington. Beautiful machine work.

And they shoot well.

I'm not that fond of CZ safeties and triggers, but quality is definitely there.

DF

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Yeah the safeties are definitely backwards to me. Left that out.

It love to know more about what you have observed with your horoscope. I just made another thread about newer vs older guns and.their accuracy. do you have an opinion about newer vs older barrel quality?

Thanks!

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Not really. Salvages are really rough looking, seem to shoot a lot better than the Hawkeye would indicate. Remingtons are better, still with tool marks.

Browning barrels look very good, a lot like CZ's. They shoot good, too.

You just can't guess what a barrel is going to do at the range based on what it looks like.

If you have a barrel that quits shooting, the Hawkeye can help diagnose the problem.

Once you have a Hawkeye, you won't want to be without one.

IMO.

DF

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Thank you. Some of the best guns I have shot were Remingtons..and oddly.enough old Mossbergs with Acro-Groove barrels. I have a good shooting Win Hester 94-22 also..

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by kragman1

It love to know more about what you have observed with your horoscope. I just made another thread about newer vs older guns and.their accuracy. do you have an opinion about newer vs older barrel quality?

Thanks!

The stars predict sub MOA shooting!

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by carved
Originally Posted by kragman1

Thanks!

The stars predict sub MOA shooting!

laugh

Yep.

DF

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Hey - what do you know? Sometimes autocorrect works out OK. Ha ha.

A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
I still want one of these but I really hate the way the 10rd mags hang out the bottom.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

91 members (35, 406_SBC, 1OntarioJim, 6mmCreedmoor, 41rem, 16penny, 9 invisible), 1,636 guests, and 896 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,494
Posts18,472,107
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.