-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
if your insurance company wont help you on this , will they stand by you on anything?
change companies. everything else has been said.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SandBilly
If your insurance company is worth two grains of salt they will assist you with a subrogation claim. Ask them..

Unfortunately, the insurance company has no legal standing to subrogate for a claim they not pay. You will get nowhere going this route.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

There should be universal coverage (free, of course) for uninsured motorist accidents. smirk

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deerstalker
if your insurance company wont help you on this , will they stand by you on anything?
change companies. everything else has been said.

What exactly is the insurance company supposed to do? File suit against an uninsured motorist on your behalf? They have no legal standing to do so. It is an unfortunate situation, but not the insurance company's fault. The uninsured driver is the person ultimately responsible for all damages, but good luck collecting from them.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Y'all can stop with the uninsured... he didn't have it. Thats for later.

Right now I'd look into legal counsel, of the free type possibly, local DA etc... and file against them at least, assuming it costs little or nothing, just to show them life is not free from all responsibilty.

Assume you'll get nothing.

And get to welding. Great idea there. Even if she runs crooked, you can keep working until things get better.

Hard to believe with rear impact like that, that nothing medical will show up on your body later in life. But not much you can do without personal medical coverage or their medical coverage.

GLad its only the truck!

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495
Y'all can stop with the uninsured... he didn't have it. Thats for later.

Right now I'd look into legal counsel, of the free type possibly, local DA etc... and file against them at least, assuming it costs little or nothing, just to show them life is not free from all responsibilty.

Assume you'll get nothing.

And get to welding. Great idea there. Even if she runs crooked, you can keep working until things get better.

Hard to believe with rear impact like that, that nothing medical will show up on your body later in life. But not much you can do without personal medical coverage or their medical coverage.

GLad its only the truck!

Yep, but take plenty of pictures and get several estimates before you repair anything.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
So if I understand right, you carry liability insurance only, no collision, no comp, and of course, without those, no uninsured motorist coverage. Correct?

You're [bleep] out of luck. Insurance is not going to pay.

Just being the mean SOB I am, I'd find one of those shady law firms that only collects from you if they collect for you and see if they'd pursue a lawsuit in your name. If liability insurance is a REQUIREMENT in your state as it is in mine, I would also hound the local law enforcement to pursue charges. I don't care .. let the person sit in jail. I don't care. Add to their misery. I don't care. How much "care" did they show you? None at all, right? It'd be different if they were good people doing the right thing but if they're driving without insurance, they're making a choice to be criminals. [bleep] criminals. Hammer them however you can.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Dunno the laws where you're at.

Here in MOtown:

1- The prosecutors can make the sob pay at least *some* of the damages, as a sentence in the ticket case. Show up in court early and talk to the PA.

2- If a person has a judgment against them for being uninsured, their license is suspended until they pay the damages, or make monthly payments on the damages. Get a judgment, even if you hafta go to small claims court and do it yourself.

Maybe your state has the same type laws.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
OK, there has always been confusion regarding Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) coverage.

Here is what it does (at least in Colorado):

UM/UIM coverage pays for your Bodily Injury Damages that are the result of a not at fault accident with an uninsured or hit and run driver.

That's Bodily Injury to you or the occupants of your insured vehicle.

Here is what it does NOT do: It does NOT cover your vehicle.

If you want your vehicle covered, either buy Collision or UM/UIM Property Damage coverage.

And that concludes today's lesson on automobile insurance.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
+1... Uninsured motorist coverage doesn't cost much but it sure buys a lot of peace of mind. I've had it ever since some uninsured deadbeat plowed into the car of one of my sisters over twenty years ago.

IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by k22hornet
OK, there has always been confusion regarding Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) coverage.

UM/UIM coverage pays for your Bodily Injury Damages that are the result of a not at fault accident with an uninsured or hit and run driver.

If you want your vehicle covered, either buy Collision or UM/UIM Property Damage coverage.

That is my understanding in Idaho. My uninsured motorist coverage does nothing to cover property loss.

If I want my car fixed after some deadbeat destroys it, I better have collision coverage.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In Iowa we can get an injunction against her drivers license and the State will suspend her license until the judgment or the damage estimate is paid. Try your DOT and see if they can help you at least get her off the street. You might be able to go after the vehicle owner as well.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by k22hornet

That is my understanding in Idaho. My uninsured motorist coverage does nothing to cover property loss.

If I want my car fixed after some deadbeat destroys it, I better have collision coverage.

No, you can also have Uninsured Motorist Property Damage Coverage, as stated above.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hanco
You dint pay for uninsured motorist or is that unavailable in your state? Very little to add to your policy in Texas.
I think all states require you to have it to cover at least some of your medical costs but it's optional to cover the vehicle. Something like 1 in 7 drivers don't have insurance so it's a good protection.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Are you sure you don't have UM/ UIM coverage? Did you sign the rejection form? Colorado requires specific signing of a rejection form.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by kwg020
In Iowa we can get an injunction against her drivers license and the State will suspend her license until the judgment or the damage estimate is paid. Try your DOT and see if they can help you at least get her off the street. You might be able to go after the vehicle owner as well.

kwg
Yes I live in Iowa so you can get her license suspended( big deal no payment, may not have one anyway), DOT is not going to get her off the road, again no payment. The only thing you can take heart in is the fact you are fxxcked and she will vote for the next Dem

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
You dint pay for uninsured motorist or is that unavailable in your state? Very little to add to your policy in Texas.
I think all states require you to have it to cover at least some of your medical costs but it's optional to cover the vehicle. Something like 1 in 7 drivers don't have insurance so it's a good protection.

In Colorado, UM/UIM is optional and you have to sign a rejection form if you don't want it.

RockChuck, you might be thinking of No-Fault, which used to be mandatory in Colorado. Your auto policy paid for your medical expenses regardless of fault.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
You can get uninsured motorist ins. with liability. Would have paid for your car. Are you sure you don't have that?

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
You can get uninsured motorist ins. with liability. Would have paid for your car. Are you sure you don't have that?

In Colorado, he would have to have purchased UM Property Damage Coverage, or Collision, to get his car covered.

Plain old UM/UIM only pays for Bodily Injury to the occupants of his car.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

I don't but I got some good news today, looks like the county is going to take my estimate and included it with their charges against her.

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (160user, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 12344mag, 007FJ, 67 invisible), 2,306 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,674
Posts18,493,813
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.