Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Do your neighborhood right and quiet that thing down. You treat it like a joke but people deserve to be respected for the investment of time and energy they put into their property. For someone, in this case you, to disrespect their investment is really unconscionable. JMO.
lmao, you're over the top.

Maybe, but I'm a damn good neighbor to have. Golden rule buddy.

LOL

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
You dirty bastards with noisy toys. I cannot believe the balls on you.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

I get the humor in all this and see why the comments.

I have to concede I have a really sheity neighbor that runs his dirt bikes, quads and Harley all hours day or night. Sometimes 1-2 am he's out there revving his Harley for God knows what reason. Has friends over most every Saturday for motocross. One of the reasons I sold out and am moving. Just gets old, hence my attitude towards it. I realize most are more considerate than these folks.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Sweet Jesus, I'm betting some of you roll the condom on your son's dick before he goes out on a date.

Us yanks leave that up to their sisters................

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I had an ATV I checked coyote traps on, and sometimes used it to get to hard to access areas for calling. I needed it to be as quiet as possible, and added this: https://www.kolpin.com/products/stealth-exhaust

It didn't seem to cut the power noticeably. Funny thing was, you could not hear it coming towards you until it was pretty close. But, you could hear it going away from you further. smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

I get the humor in all this and see why the comments.

I have to concede I have a really sheity neighbor that runs his dirt bikes, quads and Harley all hours day or night. Sometimes 1-2 am he's out there revving his Harley for God knows what reason. Has friends over most every Saturday for motocross. One of the reasons I sold out and am moving. Just gets old, hence my attitude towards it. I realize most are more considerate than these folks.

Had a student lived next to some Bandidos, straight pipes and loud music late into the night.

I advised 'em to buy some roosters grin

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
If you're going to keep the exhaust, it might be a good idea to get a fuel controller to properly calibrate the fuel/air mixture from the fuel injection.

This guy seems like who you need to see. It sounds like you can tell him what setup you're runing and he can sell you a controller all ready to plug and play.

Scroll down the page to see it.

He also has a lot opf other services for the Prarie 650.

http://www.vforcejohn.com/

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
[quote]On one hand he buys a camo 4X4 so he can sneak up on a deer,....then he sticks a Cherry Bomb muffler on it.[/quiet]

Exactly. Why would I wanna make noise in the woods. My KLR 650 was so quiet that ridden gentle you couldn't hear it coming.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I wonder why the double standard on Harley exhaust systems and other vehicles?

I know if my truck made as much noise as a Harley, I'd be pulled over and cited for excessive noise and probably have my inspection validation revoked until it was fixed?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
[quote]On one hand he buys a camo 4X4 so he can sneak up on a deer,....then he sticks a Cherry Bomb muffler on it.[/quiet]

Exactly. Why would I wanna make noise in the woods. My KLR 650 was so quiet that ridden gentle you couldn't hear it coming.

That technique was invented by married couples with kids they didn't want to wake up! grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
If you're going to keep the exhaust, it might be a good idea to get a fuel controller to properly calibrate the fuel/air mixture from the fuel injection.

This guy seems like who you need to see. It sounds like you can tell him what setup you're runing and he can sell you a controller all ready to plug and play.

Scroll down the page to see it.

He also has a lot opf other services for the Prarie 650.

http://www.vforcejohn.com/

I'll check it out

If I do decide to swap the pipe out there is no shortage of OEM on ebay where owners have gone aftermarket.

All this interest in an exhaust pipe, so I went out and looked at what it was. This is what is on it right now

Pro Circuit T4

I could probably sell that for some decent money

Last edited by KFWA; 05/22/17.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Yeah it ain't only the noise factor, why are they never ticketed for speeding ? you can be tooling along speed limit and they come blowin past ya running 80 90 mph or more never see them stopped!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

"We're sorry, this part does not fit the ATV you have selected.

Find other exhausts that fit your 2003 Kawasaki PRAIRIE 650 4X4
or, Select from the list of ATVs that fit this product
or, Select a different ATV below."

Thank you for playing, please try again.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mohick
Yeah it ain't only the noise factor, why are they never ticketed for speeding ? you can be tooling along speed limit and they come blowin past ya running 80 90 mph or more never see them stopped!!

Police radar will pick up larger objects first, and better.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kellory

"We're sorry, this part does not fit the ATV you have selected.

Find other exhausts that fit your 2003 Kawasaki PRAIRIE 650 4X4
or, Select from the list of ATVs that fit this product
or, Select a different ATV below."

Thank you for playing, please try again.

Whoops!

well it says Pro Circuit T4 - so its close to that

this whole thing is a bit of a pain now - because if its not jetted it should be, but if it is, then going back is going to require getting back to basics.

Sounds like I need to call the dealer that services it and talk to them.

Last edited by KFWA; 05/22/17.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
one blew past us up on I 90 years ago, guess he had been to Sturgis anyway 30 or so minutes later he T-bones a motor home, wasn't any large parts of him left to pick up, and riders always whine cause people don't watch for them.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Not a matter of "if".. It's a matter of "when".

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
True for sure, you can tell around here when the weather gets nice for a weekend the number of accidents on H P reprort goes up about 75% all motorcycle related !!

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
You wanna piss off old-biddy w/loud stuff, start flushing your outboard boat motor with the garden hose hookup or a set of muffs. My little 9.9 Yamaha 4-stroke is pretty loud on a set of muffs even @ idle, it's louder than my 19HP lawn tractor anyway.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was a motorcycle courier in California, among other jobs. I wore full leathers, gloves, boots, full face helmet.
Even with an electric airhorn that sounds like a semi, folks will STILL change lanes on top of you. They will look right at you and not see you. I had my bike repainted pearl white to make sure I was seen, and I still got hit 11 times. Destroyed 6 bikes. Never once cited, even as contributory.
On the other hand, I've seen folks open a car door on a freeway for spite as a motorcycle passes on the white line. (Perfectly legal to lane split, as long as you follow the rules.)
But you will find some riding donor-cycles as well. We got passed once by 2 guys on one bike, both in shorts, one shirt, tennis shoes and flip-flops. 2 helmets....one locked on the side, one on the backrest. Passed us at least 100mph. 20min. Later, we passed them. Hyway patrol was picking them up with a sponge. They clipped a guardrail, then shed body parts down the freeway.
What you DON'T see, is bikers driving other vehicles that hit bikes. Seems like that sound is in your head, and hard to miss when it is a part of you. I know it is not practical, but I would like to see motorcycle training required when getting a licence. I think there would be fewer accidents that way. (Not gonna happen, I know. Some can't even drive a car well)

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (160user, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 48 invisible), 2,410 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,104
Posts18,502,134
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.