-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There is a 200gr WFN hardcast load for the 40 that id like to try. If you could run it 900-1000 fps, I don't think there is much it wouldn't do. That'd be about the only reason I'd go 40 over 9. Seems most pistols you can get a barrel and Mag and convert down, but not necessarily up?

The Shield seems like a nice pistol, and a hell of a bargain, but that grip is awful damn thin.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
the heavy loads are the only reason I am interested in the 40 and to carry while backpacking. Even that 180 WW Ranger flat pointed bullet is of interest.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
had lots of hand guns over the years, but we have a sig p229 in 40 smith pretty snappy but i like my vp 9 better

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Some good comparison pics of the M&P Fullsize, Compact and Shield along with a J frame. Keep in mind that the flush-fit mags/base-plates can be adapted to any of the MP's.
http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-wesson-m-p-pistols/244558-m-p9-shield-vs-m-p-fs-m-pc-j-frame.html

If both these guns had flush-fit base-plates, you'd see that the Compact's grip is shorter.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by SargeMO; 05/29/17.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by rondrews
I could sell it on Gunbroker.com, but I could also sell it to one of you guys for less, without all the FFL schitt. Any iDEA'S?

Unless you sell face-to-face it's really hard to get around involving the FFLs, especially if it's a handgun and you're not sending it in for repair or warranty work.

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
I don't know about other States, but in Wisconsin I could stand in the parking lot of a Gun show and sell a pistol to whoever walks by. The only requirement is that I document the Buyer. Driver's license, Picture ID, CC license, etc. Could not sell to a minor of course. I understand the Fed's were working on putting a stop to the private sale business, but now that the Anti-Gun President-In-Chief is toast I wonder what's going to transpire.

Actually I had one suggestion that I keep it. I might just do that. It would be a little overkill in my house, and I could not get much for it, but I like the weapon's looks even though I haven't fired it yet. I ordered an M&P Shield .40 at the suggestion of a lot of you and the fact that there is a nice rebate until June 30.
If I didn't buy the Shield, I would have gone with the Taurus 740 with 10+ 1 round capacity.
Decisions, Decisions, Decisions.

Better to be over the hill than under it.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rondrews
I don't know about other States, but in Wisconsin I could stand in the parking lot of a Gun show and sell a pistol to whoever walks by. The only requirement is that I document the Buyer. Driver's license, Picture ID, CC license, etc. Could not sell to a minor of course. I understand the Fed's were working on putting a stop to the private sale business, but now that the Anti-Gun President-In-Chief is toast I wonder what's going to transpire.

Actually I had one suggestion that I keep it. I might just do that. It would be a little overkill in my house, and I could not get much for it, but I like the weapon's looks even though I haven't fired it yet. I ordered an M&P Shield .40 at the suggestion of a lot of you and the fact that there is a nice rebate until June 30.
If I didn't buy the Shield, I would have gone with the Taurus 740 with 10+ 1 round capacity.
Decisions, Decisions, Decisions.
You've already got de-facto registration then. Any gun you buy can be tracked. Federal law doesn't require any documentation. Once they require documentation of the buyer, you are effed. You go buy a new gun without the documentation requirement, then they can't prove you still have it. You may have sold it to an unknown buyer. You have to document who you sold it to, then they just go and pick up said gun at his/her house. If they have neither gun nor documentation, then they are in trouble.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
.....It would be a little overkill in my house,....

Nonsense...

Black Cows Matter!
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
It may be nonsense, Muleshoe, but if you knew knew many pistols I have in my house ,you would not say that.

Better to be over the hill than under it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My Shield feels great in my hand, shoots great, is dependable, and is accurate. My only issue is its point of impact is consistently 6" high with the factory .160" front sight. I'm going to order a .190" front sight to bring it down.

Expat

"There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men." - Robert Heinlein
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 61 invisible), 2,336 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,265
Posts18,486,536
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.