Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by las
Can't tell me poop don't do the same if it is not soon removed! Maybe it's a male Lab thing???

I have no idea where my dog poops. The sign of a truly great dog. smile

Black Cows Matter!

D
DW7 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Originally Posted by las
Can't tell me poop don't do the same if it is not soon removed! Maybe it's a male Lab thing???

I was that way too for a bit, till my lab came barrelin around the back of the house tail tucked looking over his shoulder with my neighbor in hot pursuit! He was a smart dog!

P.S. It's the bitch by the way. Flooding it shortly after it's deposited is the cure.

Last edited by DW7; 05/26/17.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've had 3 female dogs and one male. Only one female left spots of dead grass in the area where she urinated. Just lucky with the others I guess. Increased water did help.
The only reason I bother with a lawn is for the dog's benefit anyway. If I didn't have dogs it would be rock surface or something else.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DW7
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Originally Posted by las

I was that way too for a bit, till my lab came barrelin around the back of the house tail tucked looking over his shoulder with my neighbor in hot pursuit! He was a smart dog!

P.S. It's the bitch by the way. Flooding it shortly after it's deposited is the cure.

My nearest neighbor, my dad, is 600 yards up the road. Next is over a mile.

Rufus must find a spot somewhere in the road ditch to do his duty. Never bothered to look.

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Me & the dogs piss in the yard all the time. Dead spots in the grass don't bother us.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Kenlguy
There are such a thing called Grass Pills that you have to give every day that changes the PH in the urine to prevent burning.

Several different kinds on the market, most are in a good tasting treat form so the dog readily eats them when offered.

Some people swear by them while others claim they have no effect.

The same results can be had by mixing tomato juice or sauce with the dog's food.

And finally, the reason that female dogs cause more burn spots is because they have a tendency to squat where they happen to be standing while the males usually hike their leg on a tree.

The one and only time our lab got a UTI was after we started giving her a similar product. Might have been a coincidence but we stopped giving her them and she's never had another UTI. She does raise hell on the lawn though.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Get rid of damn dogs.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Check out Dog Rocks. It goes in the water, and according to one of our managers at work, it actually works pretty well.

I'd not remember to feed the pills every day.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steelhead
How we have fallen.

TFF

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Who gives a schit about grass anyway? I've put about 80 tons of white gravel around my house and bldgs as 'landscape'. Can really pick out the subdivision and condo fairies around here.

Wahhhh...a few spots on the lawn.

I put down 80 gallons of Roundup last week.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I will (jokingly)admit to being a wannabee lawnsman.....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sam,
Neighbors close by?
Wife doesn't agree (Like mine shocked ) ?

I have found, like the old song says

The night time is the right time.

Geno

PS Having had so many dogs over the years I no longer worry about such things. It's just grass and will turn brown in the winter anyway.

PPS I see it as my civic duty to pee on the landscapes as much as possible. Water shortages, costs of sewage treatment, need for increased plant growth to combat "global warming", etc. If I can help out society I'm happy. wink

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Geno, we live right on the edge of town. Neighbors on either side, open to the front.

Two 15-20lbers live here.

Front yard is fine, backyard has the deadzone.

I snow blowed a spot for them to spread out the piss but actually did more harm than good. I think it winter killed due to lack of insulation.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Try some lime...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Geno, we live right on the edge of town. Neighbors on either side, open to the front.

I snow blowed a spot for them to spread out the piss but actually did more harm than good. I think it winter killed due to lack of insulation.

Yeah, I understand that. We lived in a couple of places we had to shovel out paths for them to get to the "bathroom". The "paths" were visible in the lawn for a couple of months after spring,.

I much prefer dealing with dog issues than finding cat crap in the flower beds I'm getting ready for spring or fall!

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

I will admit to killing some grass behind the Weber....grin

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Bad ass dog to do that.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sam, next winter shovel/blow a path out to the far corner for them.

Then you can blame it on the neighbors "overspray" on the fence line.

Geno

In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sam,

Wowf! That would take a lot of peeing. Can't remember but I'm thinking you live in a dry part of the state. If so I wonder if the soil didn't just become desiccated where you were snow blowing. Gotta snow blow frequently for the little old rat girl and don't have that problem so don't think it's the cold.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Geno, we have a fairly large back yard(for town) and I had trails cleared all over the place. To the corners, perimeter, etc...

But the only place that I kept cleared 100% of the time was right close to the patio.

Nighthawk, I kinda wondered about that as well but the snow melt should have spread out and ran to that spot(low area).

We did have a couple -30F nights and I just assumed that the grass(2 year old lawn) couldn't take it.

One of my buddies cleared his boulevard and had the same problem. main lawn was fine but the cleared area is yellow.

Hell if I know.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

267 members (12344mag, 1lessdog, 160user, 257 roberts, 10Glocks, 2UP, 31 invisible), 1,711 guests, and 1,136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,750
Posts18,495,296
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.