Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
My farm neighbor in ND has his own air strip. It's a non problem.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Buy a plane that can land in a field.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Like 49 other states, Idaho has zoning laws. Agricultural zoning keeps the land agricultural. Subdivisions, etc. are prohibited. The last thing we need is more of our farmland being paved over. Willis isn't farming. It's his private resort on what used to be a farm. He isn't above trying to go around local laws. His house in Hailey sits astride of the Big Wood River. Some years ago, he ric racked the river through his place to change it's flow. That's highly illegal but he got caught and had to restore it.

Let me add some other info about Camas County
land area 1079 sq miles
population 1039, under 1 person/sq mile
largest city and county seat: Fairfield, pop. 410 at 2010 census.
other city: Hill City, unincorp. (there are only 2 towns). IIRC, Hill City has a farm store. Only.

This is farm country. There is no other industry at all. The busiest retail outlet in the county is a convenience store and there's only 1 of them. They do have one outstanding hamburger place that sells cooked-while-you-wait burgers and real milkshakes. None of this McD crap.
The entire northern border is the Soldier Mtn range with some 10k+ bumps. It's elk country with a lot of deer and antelope thrown in just for the fun of it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Were I him, I'd build the damned thing anyway.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 700LH
hows the airstrip detrimental to that area?

It's not, of course.
OP somehow draws glee because someone he has never met wants to utilize their own land in a perfectly understandable way, but he is envious of said someone's net worth, so he is happy "they" trampled on his rights.
If it was a local "normal" citizen in the same quandary, OP would be outraged.

Have Dog

Will Travel

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wageslave

It's not, of course.
OP somehow draws glee because someone he has never met wants to utilize their own land in a perfectly understandable way, but he is envious of said someone's net worth, so he is happy "they" trampled on his rights.
You're saying a whole lot more than you know. You made at least 3 statements that are incorrect, having no information whatever.

― George Orwell

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Like 49 other states, Idaho has zoning laws. Agricultural zoning keeps the land agricultural. Subdivisions, etc. are prohibited. The last thing we need is more of our farmland being paved over. Willis isn't farming. It's his private resort on what used to be a farm.

1) How many farmers are being paid to not farm? That's called CRP.

Here's how many in Camus County, and the total dollar amounts.

https://farm.ewg.org/progdetail.php...;page=county&yr=2014regionname=Idaho

Camas County, Idaho $5,112,619

https://farm.ewg.org/progdetail.php?fips=16025&progcode=total_cr&yr=mtotal

They aren't farming that, but getting paid our dollars...5 million of them to not farm.

2) The 49 other states have zoning laws inside city limits. Not in rural areas.

3) If you sell, or give 50 acres of your 100 acres to your son, you have subdivided it.

Is that prohibited too?

4) It isn't YOUR farmland getting "paved over".. It's HIS. Bought and paid for in America.

I thought New York and CA were bad.

This takes the cake.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Camus County Idaho Farmers took tax monies to the amount of $17.1 million dollars. Tax Payer dollars.

https://farm.ewg.org/region.php?fips=16025

Seems to me that Bruce wanting to build an airstrip would cost us less... Just sayin'.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Was a private airstrip on the bench here for years.
Was a grass strip.
Don't know what happened, but figured he moved or passed.
Anyway, that airstrip is now being farmed, had sprinklers set up the last time we drove past.
New growth was about a foot high, I think growing alfalfa.
Didn't seem to hurt that land much
Bruce and Demi irritated a lot of folks when they moved into that area years ago. I suspect this is payback, nothing more.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by wageslave

It's not, of course.
You're saying a whole lot more than you know. You made at least 3 statements that are incorrect, having no information whatever.

Laffin'.
Slave
Blessings.

Have Dog

Will Travel

IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Those zoning laws only go as far as the highest bribe. Then it becomes about whats good for the "community" and "local economy".

I am MAGA.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I recall passing a pretty big airstrip covered up with large private jets in Hailey which is about 40 miles from Fairfield. I believe every overpaid athlete/ entertainer, politician has earned the right to do anything they please. We need more private airstrips and diverting rivers for your own pleasure must be OK because only rich people can do it.

The clintons, kapernicks and willis have created and contributed nothing and can kiss my sphincter.

mike r

Last edited by lvmiker; 05/27/17.

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was wrong. I can see that now.
If we can clean out one airstrip of jets and level one resort town, we will be on our way to an equal society, where all are one.
Nirvana.
Slave

P.S. Let's do one a week, every week.....
We could get there faster.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He shoulda said it was for a crop duster.

its not like he's building an airport. Its a damn 4 lane road 5000 foot long on his property.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
My buddy in Arkansas did not build an airstrip. Just graded and grassed. Works fine for his needs, a vintage 30's wing over racer he built himself.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Buy a plane that can land in a field.
Fireball requests that this happens quickly so he can pick his next target to harass and run off the fire.....

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
V
Vek Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
I was on a county planning commission for a time...interesting stuff. Ag is ag for a reason - we had a case where the county planning dept shut down someone's doggy daycare on ag and the case was remanded to us. They didn't get a lot of sympathy from me with so much rural zoned land so close by (across the road...). I think the county council let them slide, though.

In our neck of the woods, the big liberal red herring is water shortage. Currently there is a moratorium on building on rural land with exempt wells. Lots of folks hung out to dry. The county council and the district court have imposed the rather onerous condition that the landowner must prove he's not harming senior water users (instream flow) in order to build. Total hose job. My term expired, I couldn't re-up due to redistricting, and they replaced me with the former local rep from a hard left agenda 21 NGO. The commission is a few members away from being a full commie echo chamber.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by specneeds
This is one of those lose lose situations you get when you don't work together with your neighbors in a rural area. You let your neighbors know your planned use, ask them what you can do to make it work for them (limited flights and hours and avoiding homes on the path, the Fred a ride in a medical emergency) feed them at a BBQ and see if that works. At worst your neighbors think you are an ok guy and don't look to cause problems for you.

If that doesn't work screw them and build a long strait road to your new big barn that happens to fit a plane.

Winner ! smile

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Everybody preaching property rights until the jet wash from his leer jet is pointed at YOUR front door...lol. What about my property rights when I buy a piece of land that is zoned a certain way and the A-hole that moves in next door does something different? You want a fuggin airstrip, make sure it's allowed by the county (whoever) before you buy the place....

I have a place next to me that is a 14 acre lot....not worth much but can be a little extra irrigated pasture for my cows.....It was in a family probate battle for years and finally came up for sale. I called an appraiser and found out that in my zoning (AG-80) you have to have at least 20 acres to build a home on it.....this dropped the value of the parcel a lot. I made an offer based on the appraisal and some idiot payed nearly double because his equally mentally challenged realtor said he could build on it.... never bothered to check with the county. So now it still sits vacant, I imagine it will take the guy awhile to swallow his loss and sell it to me for what it's worth , but I'm patient.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by lvmiker
I recall passing a pretty big airstrip covered up with large private jets in Hailey which is about 40 miles from Fairfield. I believe every overpaid athlete/ entertainer, politician has earned the right to do anything they please. We need more private airstrips and diverting rivers for your own pleasure must be OK because only rich people can do it.

The clintons, kapernicks and willis have created and contributed nothing and can kiss my sphincter.

mike r

Every year Sun Valley hosts the Allan Conference which is a big money media thing. One time I went by the Hailey airport during the conference. I had to stop and count the business jets. I couldn't see them all but I counted 75.
Another time I saw Arnold Swartznegger's personal jet there. It was right after he played in the Batman movie. It was painted black with 'Batman World Tour' in huge letters.

― George Orwell

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 1lesfox, 10gaugeman, 160user, 57 invisible), 2,327 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,612
Posts18,511,758
Members74,008
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.