"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I got the PA 2.5X CQB reticle for my Colt, and very happy with the product for the price. Was concerned with the daylight illumination in strong sun, but works great in all light conditions for me...but I haven't cycled 1000 shots at a time yet either.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael
Originally Posted by jimone
2x7 Redfield

Winner! $135 if you have Amazon Prime:

https://www.amazon.com/Redfield-Rev...7&sr=8-5&keywords=redfield+scope

Made in US and lifetime warranty.

Sorry, but the Amazon Redfield is a Revenge model, not a Revolution, and therefore not made in the U.S. The Redfield Revolution is what I have on my AR carbine, and it is an excellent scope for the money. I got mine on sale at Cabela's for $139 a while back and find it excellent for my aging eyes. That being said, I have owned a number of scopes made in the Philippines that performed just fine (Burris, Nikon and Intensity), so a Redfield Revenge might be just fine.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Primary Arms doesn't sell junk. If their name is on it, it's inexpensive; it's no cheap. It will be a decent competent scope. No it won't be military grade indestructible, but you can expect it will be clear and will hold zero.

How many have you personally tested? Unless you have some proof of that I am gonna call bullshit on it. Plus I would have to see the pictures. This place is beginning to sink fast, most of the "knowledge" here is coming from google.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jimmyp
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Primary Arms doesn't sell junk. If their name is on it, it's inexpensive; it's no cheap. It will be a decent competent scope. No it won't be military grade indestructible, but you can expect it will be clear and will hold zero.

How many have you personally tested? Unless you have some proof of that I am gonna call bullshit on it. Plus I would have to see the pictures. This place is beginning to sink fast, most of the "knowledge" here is coming from google.
Personally I have never "tested" a primary arms scope. But the 3 gun competitions I have been to are no stranger to Primary Arms stuff, and I have yet to find anyone unhappy with a PA branded product. They seem to be popular and even recommended by competitors for an entry level scope. Most serious competitors will upgrade at some point and pass their PA scope/dot on to someone else. I personally watched a competitor take a PA red dot (one of the early Aimpoint knock-off's) off his AR, throw it about 15 yards, where it skipped a couple times along the cement walk way, then off into the gravel. Mounted it back on his AR and put 4-5 rounds on steel at 50 yards. I wanna say that was a red dot in the $79.00 price range...we were all pretty impressed for a $79.00 red dot. He said that was the 4th or 5th time he had done that. He bought it specifically to just beat the living crap out of.

So while I have never personally "tested" or owned one, I have encountered a few owners who have all been pretty happy.

IC B2

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I watched a buddy shooting one of the PA red dots until the screws broke off and it bounced off the concrete...

Didn't make him very happy nor did it impress me but in full disclosure, he replaced the cheap screws and it's still working.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Gungeek per M. Sagebrush's statement, if someone was selling bullshit on a stick for a 1.75 and the next dude selling chocolate ice cream for 2.00 you would be telling someone how you saw several other people eating the 1.75 offering and saying it was great. I think you are a gun writer of sorts so you yourself should and could afford a $79 primary arms red dot and post up your results first hand? I would love to see your review instead of you recommending something you have never owned. You have a lot to say but most of it is garnered second or third hand.

If we are to believe the the results from your post above regards flinging the PA red dot on the concrete there is no doubt that we will all be reading that the Seals and next the Marines why all branches of service and law enforcement will be going to primary arms red dots. I have myself tried a couple of the sig romeo 4's, while I use them on a couple of fun guns at this time I would not recommend them over an aimpoint or even an eotech, both of which are in use by people who have to rely on their equipment. Please note I own the sig's romeo's, have shot with them over a year, have had no issues with them and still don't have the chutzpah to recommend them over a known reliable brand.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
it's a riot reading this chit. Fellow wants a plinker, an entry level shooter, and all the phugging know it all experts are beating him up for buying cheap gear. I am pretty certain GopherGunner is not going into combat with this toy, and won't be betting his life on it. Now I know there are some "real operators" here, and their opinions do count, but for goodness sake, like Eric said, how good is good is sometimes defined by what you are going to do with it and how often you are going to use it.
Not everyone wants, or can afford to spend $1400 on an optic, with another $500 on mounts, rails and the like.

Sam......

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael
Originally Posted by jimone
2x7 Redfield

Winner! $135 if you have Amazon Prime:

https://www.amazon.com/Redfield-Rev...7&sr=8-5&keywords=redfield+scope

Made in US and lifetime warranty.

Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

Might take more than Amazon Prime.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gungeek per M. Sagebrush's statement, if someone was selling bullshit on a stick for a 1.75 and the next dude selling chocolate ice cream for 2.00 you would be telling someone how you saw several other people eating the 1.75 offering and saying it was great. I think you are a gun writer of sorts so you yourself should and could afford a $79 primary arms red dot and post up your results first hand? I would love to see your review instead of you recommending something you have never owned. You have a lot to say but most of it is garnered second or third hand.

If we are to believe the the results from your post above regards flinging the PA red dot on the concrete there is no doubt that we will all be reading that the Seals and next the Marines why all branches of service and law enforcement will be going to primary arms red dots. I have myself tried a couple of the sig romeo 4's, while I use them on a couple of fun guns at this time I would not recommend them over an aimpoint or even an eotech, both of which are in use by people who have to rely on their equipment. Please note I own the sig's romeo's, have shot with them over a year, have had no issues with them and still don't have the chutzpah to recommend them over a known reliable brand.

Whatever dude, you tell people what you want, I'll tell them my experiences. If you're just saying I'm FOS, that's your opinion and you're welcome to it. I could give a rats-azz what you of all people think. I think it's because I've clashed with some other people and you just try too hard to go along with the in crowd so you constantly screw with me...That's called insecurity. Or you're just a dikk

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
well Kevin with your rich work history and knowledge base I guess I have to admit I am wrong. Still would love to see you (for once) buy something and review it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
well Kevin with your rich work history and knowledge base I guess I have to admit I am wrong. Still would love to see you (for once) buy something and review it.
I have all kinds of chit...and I used to write for several gun magazines where I reviewed stuff all the time. I was trying to address what he was asking about, not tell him what I have. I don't get what your deal is, but sorry I somehow have offended you.

Last edited by GunGeek; 06/30/17.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
There may just be a 1-4x24 PA with the 7.62x39/300BO ACSS reticle going on an RSregulate 303M lower mount and an RSregulate AKR upper mount on an Arsenal SLR107-FR here in the near future that we can postulate on, soon as I decide on some 30mm low rings. grin

Not sure why these kinds of questions always turn into a beating. TFF grin

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by local_dirt
There may just be a 1-4x24 PA with the 7.62x39/300BO ACSS reticle going on an RSregulate 303M lower mount and an RSregulate AKR upper mount on an Arsenal SLR107-FR here in the near future that we can postulate on, soon as I decide on some 30mm low rings. grin

Hope you had a helluva bday Dirt!

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks, Cert! Yes I did. Had a very relaxed morning just hanging out drinking coffee and reading with the dog. Had a thought last night about fishing this morning until ai remembered I just sent my 2 best spinning reels in for warranty repair and maint. Drove over to the beach this afternoon and hit Nick's bar, an old fixture on the boardwalk with great food. Big chef's salad with grilled shrimp, a couple cervezas, nice breeze, and a lot of pretty ladies. Life is good!

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by local_dirt

They turn to chit because it's an unmoderated forum.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have one of these on my Handi Rifle in 44mag:

https://www.natchezss.com/weaver-classic-v-series-rifle-scope-1-3x20mm-87-29-5-4-13-matte.html

If you're willing to wait a little, I got mine on sale for 160 bucks last summer, and it might happen again. I really like it. I wouldn't hesitate to use the PA scope either hunting though.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
It's been turning to chit for a while because people post second hand information and information they have found using google.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I own 1, that's not second hand chiit....and for the price a good unit.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

645 members (160user, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 007FJ, 63 invisible), 3,241 guests, and 1,336 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,372
Posts18,469,319
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.