Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
According to
Camas County, Idaho (ID) Religion Statistics Profile

There are 145 members of the Church of Jesus Christ Of latter Day Saints, (Mormons), a little less than 15% of the County.
That must be it!! they are taking over.
Polygamy went out over a hundred years ago for 99.9% of them.

Yes I am a Mormon, and only have one wife.
If I was going to join a cult it would be one without so many commandments
However at one time did have two dogs

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger,
Except Grizzly's.....they just kill you.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by NVhntr
(Neo)Conservatives only care about private property rights when it's their property but are more than happy to show their liberal colors when it's someone else's property they want to control. F'ckin hypocrites. Pretty funny that the mormons want to dictate what others can do since they never liked being told that they can't have more than one wife or that their wife had to be older than a child.

Or maybe they just think laws are to be enforced. If you don't like Mormons, Idaho may not be your best bet.

Lol. That's the last thing mormons care about, laws. Their multiple wives, marrying and impregnating children are all laws that mormons don't GAS about but apparently an airstrip in "agriculturally zoned" areas are at the top of their morally superior adherence to the law.lol. Never mind the fact that Bruce was following the law irregardless of how f'cking stupid the law is. He went through the permitting process and re-zoning process legally so the ridiculous argument that the mormons really care about the law is shot to hell on its face.

I don't have anything against the good folks I've known that were Mormon nor do I much care what they do on their "compounds", short of pedophillia but for them to throw a hissy fit over an airstrip in the middle of nowhere is disingenuous and hypocritical. I bet if Bruce was a Mormon there'd be no problem at all.

But yeah, they're so concerned about the law, that's it. Mountain Meadows redux?

[bleep] ignorance is bliss.. you must of got into grandpas cough medicine... Everything you just said about Mormons is false... don't confuse the LDS church with that whack job warren jeffs crew.. and the best part you say all Mormons are pedophiles.. you are class act

Last edited by 79S; 05/28/17.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 79S

[bleep] ignorance is bliss.. you must of got into grandpas cough medicine... Everything you just said about Mormons is false... don't confuse the LDS church with that whack job warren jeffs crew.. and the best part you say all Mormons are pedophiles.. you are class act

+1

Not Mormon, but know a few real well and that was one dumb-azzed statement.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I too, have some Mormon friends. Quite a few of them. Have hunted with them and their families.

They are fine upstanding people.

The LDS church has about as much use for Warren Jeffs and his bunch as the Baptist church does for Westboro.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm a Mormon and it pisses me off to know end that people to this day still think we have multiple wives and we marry 14 yr old girls...

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by wageslave
I was wrong. I can see that now.
If we can clean out one airstrip of jets and level one resort town, we will be on our way to an equal society, where all are one.
Nirvana.
Slave

P.S. Let's do one a week, every week.....
We could get there faster.

Slave, I am not an advocate for an equal society and am certainly not one with most. I do not believe that wealth should allow one to lower the quality of life of your neighbors. Do unto others etc.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
F^&k him if don't like the rules, MOVE!

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
If he gets four wives, airstrip would be OK !!

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Perhaps I am dense....but exactly how does building an airstrip on privately owned land that is not being farmed affect those neighbors who do farm? I keep seeing "quality of life" and "your property rights end where my property begins" and "we cant lose our farmland..." Seems to me he isnt farming it anyway, and a plane landing now and again does absolutely nothing to inhibit others from doing so.

But..he is rich, so he must be wrong.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by wageslave
I was wrong. I can see that now.
If we can clean out one airstrip of jets and level one resort town, we will be on our way to an equal society, where all are one.
Nirvana.
Slave

P.S. Let's do one a week, every week.....
We could get there faster.

Slave, I am not an advocate for an equal society and am certainly not one with most. I do not believe that wealth should allow one to lower the quality of life of your neighbors. Do unto others etc.

mike r

Understood, Bra.
I always thought you were a rational human beyond, before......:).

If he was starting an airport it would be one thing.
And I can tell you from daily experience that I would much rather have his Lear land once a month on that strip than listen to a thrush commander take off 20 times a day, 7 days a week, in season.

People who make ALOT of money spend a metric shít ton of money.......all the time.
Why is that a bad thing?
Sure, they can buy a 10,000 acre ranch, post it and keep out the common.........I'm not happy about that loss of rec property, (IF the rancher WAS allowing trespass before) but I understand it.
We would all probably do some version of it, if we could.....
Slave

Have Dog

Will Travel

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Lonny
Originally Posted by 79S

+1

Not Mormon, but know a few real well and that was one dumb-azzed statement.

I deal with LDS folks all time.
Great people.
Maybe not perfect, but who is? I haven't heard them claim to be Jesus, yet.
I would trust them over some of my own family losers any day.
Slave

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
He needs to buy a Helo so he can go to Walmart and not have to fight the traffic

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by NVhntr
(Neo)Conservatives only care about private property rights when it's their property but are more than happy to show their liberal colors when it's someone else's property they want to control. F'ckin hypocrites. Pretty funny that the mormons want to dictate what others can do since they never liked being told that they can't have more than one wife or that their wife had to be older than a child.

Or maybe they just think laws are to be enforced. If you don't like Mormons, Idaho may not be your best bet.

Lol. That's the last thing mormons care about, laws. Their multiple wives, marrying and impregnating children are all laws that mormons don't GAS about......

The sad part with HatesNates is that he actually believes some of the drivel he posts. I'm not Mormon, but I've lived around them and have Mormon friends and his description of them is so far out in left field that it's not even laughable. It's retarded.

Alaska can't wait to gain his intelligent knowledge base.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
To the I hate zoning laws crowd you need to move to Eastern Kentucky. You can block up as many junk cars ,boats washers and refrigerators as you can crowd on your place and then once you run out of room to stake out all of your fighting chickens and your dilapidated trailer collapses you can simply gather up all your chickens drag a slightly newer junk trailer onto to your mother in laws place and let your old place grow up in weeds. Never mind your neighbor across the road trying to keep his place neat to try and provide his kids with a decent place to live and to teach them a bit of pride and social responsibility. Because you're a free ain't nobody gonna tell me what to do American by God.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
What is wrong if he builds an airstrip? It is not going to get much traffic.

I built an ultralight and I flew it out of the cow pasture on the farm where I was renting a little house. So I turned that cow pasture into an airstrip, and I didn't get a permit!! I guess we didn't need permits down in central Georgia.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It has to do with how the land is zoned.. mr Willis couldn't even build a building on that land cause it's zoned farmland.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't understand why it can't be rezoned out of agriculture. He's clearly never going to use it as farmland while he owns the property. At this point it's just limiting what a rich private landowner can do. It's not like his "farmland" is contributing directly to the local economies. Let the guy do what he wants, it's his land and I'm sure he pays taxes on it.

-Matt

"The proof of the whisky is in the drinking, the proof of the rifle is in the shooting."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What you do on your property is your business, unless it affects your neighbor.

I support farm and farmers, they supply much of my food. However, I constantly hear of low prices/over production, the need for protecting/increasing farmland and paying people not to farm. Hmmm? My understanding of economics has me cornfused?

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by specneeds
This is one of those lose lose situations you get when you don't work together with your neighbors in a rural area. You let your neighbors know your planned use, ask them what you can do to make it work for them (limited flights and hours and avoiding homes on the path, the Fred a ride in a medical emergency) feed them at a BBQ and see if that works. At worst your neighbors think you are an ok guy and don't look to cause problems for you.

If that doesn't work screw them and build a long strait road to your new big barn that happens to fit a plane.

I like how you think.
Its not unusual to see a private airfield, of sorts, out in the WY boonies. Crop dusters, outfitters, etc. I'll bet its not unusual for Idaho either. Small rural communities tend to be clannish. Best though to shake some hands and try to negotiate first.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Interesting thread. I always suspected zoning also has something to do with land development. What if somebody bought the Willis land and wanted to build condos for the disadvantaged? His land, his right to do so?

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

441 members (1_deuce, 204guy, 1moredeer, 160user, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 58 invisible), 2,659 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,238
Posts18,485,816
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.