-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've several RWS for the kids. None wear either Bushnell nor Tasco glass and I certainly wouldn't make an assessment of the rifle,with one of those [bleep] scopes on board.

Accuracy has always come easily,via my barrel cockers.......................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I took the scope off yesterday and put on the iron site, I will try to sight it in after lunch, I will update ya'll this afternoon

J Simoneaud

Supper's ready!! you have 2 choices, Eat or Don't eat.
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Can't wait to hear about the results. I'm going to do the same thing when I get time.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Hello ALL, I just sighted it in and it shoots well. I sighted it at 20 yards. It must be the scope and/or mounts. I even killed a Black bird at 20+ yards. the north wind is blowing and I was shooting into the wind. It was a challenge - I wear hard contacts so my eyes were crying and made it difficult to hold on a 1 inch bullseye, but I am very impressed with the results. when this cold front is over and the wind calms down I will try to fine tune the iron sights zero. I am glad its not the gun.

J Simoneaud

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
also I was using Beeman Crow-Magnum 177 pellets. I was told these were good hunting pellets, that black bird fell dead.

J Simoneaud

IC B2

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Good news. Thanks for the update. Maybe there's hope for mine.

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Stick, if you don't mind, what scope do you recommend for the RWS 34?
Thanks in advance.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bet it will be a leup airrifle scope,,,,,

Those are good hunting pellets they are heavy, killed many hundred starlings with beeman silver Arrow pellets, they are very nice little lighter than the crow mags

I have an old old burris air rifle scope on my R1, fixed 4 power with AO ajust down to 10 feet

Location Western NC,
after alot of other places
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just called Bushnell, I am sending my Sportview 3-9x32 airgun scope back to them. I hope they send me a different model. It will be a few weeks before I hear from them, but I will update ya'll.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just called Bushnell, I am sending my sportview 3-9x32 airgun scope back to them, I hope they send me a different model back. it will be a few weeks before I hear from them, but I will update ya'll.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I just called Bushnell, I am sending my sportview 3-9x32 airgun scope back to them, I hope they send me a different model back. it will be a few weeks before I hear from them, but I will update ya'll.

J Simoneaud

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
PPosey,
I bet you're right about the leupie. Doesn't it make you wonder why they put the rear sight on the back of the barrel instead of at the back of the reciever? If the barrel locks up the same every time, why not put a peep sight at the back of the reciever? Has anyone tried this? If so, what sight did you use?
Thanks

Last edited by yeselk; 01/29/07.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A peep would give you better accuracy than factory sight just because you would have a longer sight plane. I've shot mine a few times with factory sights and it does well, I never had a problem with the scope not sighting in but went with a good scope and a great set of beeman rings right from the gitgo. They are the same as most rifles all sights are on the barrel, my beeman has stayed ajusted well so the lockup is still good, I need to send it in and have the mainspring rreplaced as I have noticed on the rair accasion I shoot it now that the speed is down some, but am afraid of messing up a good thing,,,and speed isn't all it's cracked up to be anyway,,,,

Location Western NC,
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
PPosey, what scope do you have on it? you stated you have the beeman rings, do you know what model rings? just thinking I could try exactly what you have.

J Simoneaud

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Imagine that?!!?................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have beeman two piece rings, they are built very well as they need to be for a springer,,,Mine wears an older Burris air rifle scope fixed four power with adjustable AO, Burris or Leup should work well,,,,alot of people use cheaper scopes on a springer but it's not worth the effort for me, beeman usta make a good one piece base that allowed for some ajustment as well. here are the bases I have on several guns,,,,they work great on groved 22 recievers as well.
http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/...n&noImage=0

Location Western NC,
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have Tally on one,Weaver on the other.

Shot both last night,trying to make "weirdness" happen,via different holds,but couldn't do it.................

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Stick,
I have the RWS mount on it and have several choices of Leupies to try, 2X7 VX1, 3X9 VariX II, 2.5X8 VariX III, 6X42 M8. Will any of these handle the recoil? Which one would you try or do I need to get a airgun scope?
Thanks.

Last edited by yeselk; 01/30/07.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Worst case scenario...if something pukes,it gets fixed for free.

I've had all of 'em except the 2.5-8x on Springers and blowback 22lr's both,less a failure.

My 10/22's have killed more glass,than everything else I have,combined.

'Course,I like to ratty-tat-tat.....................

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Have you tried the springers off of a rest verses free hand? I get a POI change of a good 3 inches at 35 yards or so doing that, good groups both ways just moves POI

Location Western NC,
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (35, 10gaugemag, akrange, 12 invisible), 1,521 guests, and 838 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,627
Posts18,492,938
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.