Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I bought my wife a GAMO pistol.It is very accurate.If you aim consistently it hits the mark.I've seen their rifles and they look pretty well built and fairly inexpensive from what some of the ones mentioned are priced.The company sure boldly braggs on them.Check out their website.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't know that which mandates a "good" rest,but I shoot Springers often,supported.

POI is a none issue,barring contact of metal................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
H
H
I also have an RWS Model 34. I tried several pellets when I first got it and I found that the RWS "H" point at 7 grains was the best group. I am now wanting to put a scope on my 34. I have been shopping around and I am thinking that I might try the Model 300 4x32 by RWS. Has anyone tried this scope? Is anyone willing to share their thoughts about this scope?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Shooting from a solid shooting bench with heavy bags and shooting standing freehand I get a difference,,,No way my standing form is as solid as those bags,,,, groups are a little tighter on the bench, Your shooting form obviously rules!!!

Location Western NC,
after alot of other places
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Try using stacked pillows instead of sand bags. They offer a decent support and still allow the gun to move when shot. I've had great luck with my RWS M-46 .177 using Benjamin Pellets.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'll thy the pillow for kicks,,,,Most of the time I just shoot freestanding or sitting, I only use the bench if I'm testing a scope or changed something and no more than I shot the R1 thats real rare,,,,,I was trapped in the Charlotte NC burbs for 10 years and in that time probably put 20,000 pellets easy through the same gun,,my old back yard was a death zone for Starlings and probably qualifies as an EPA superfund site due to the amount of lead in the soil,good it was a few acres and lotsa trees and brush,,,now I'm more in the sticks and can shoot about anything I want when I want,,,,,Shoot the R1 just for kicks and maintenance a few time a year,,,,,,

Location Western NC,
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
this gun is turning out to be very accurate, my son has killed over 20 blackbirds since sunday. I am very impressed. if I could set it up with a scope it would be even better.

J Simoneaud

Supper's ready!! you have 2 choices, Eat or Don't eat.
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
_I finally got around to mounting a Vari-X II 3X9 on the 34. That fixed it. It now shoots tight groups. My son had a blast shooting chit birds this afternoon. Don't mess around with cheap scopes. Lesson learned.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
The Vari-X is not a airgun scope right? I am suprised that works, let me know if it stays sighted or starts to crawl.

I sent my crappy little Bushnell airgun scope back and they are mailing me a new one, it was 10 years old so I hope I get a newer model.

keep us posted as to how that Vari-X holds up....

J Simoneaud

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
It is not an airgun scope. I'll let you know if it quits grouping or holding zero.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I ran a Burris on my R1 for years that was a regular burris signature scope, it sets on a 7mm-08 now, and I have a burris air rifle scop on the R1 now for the closer AO ajustments,,,,

Location Western NC,
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Update 9 days later:
Caleb told me he was missing birds yesterday. I checked it out on the bench. It was shooting 2" low at 30 yds. Still a tight group but it did move. I bought some Beeman Crow Magnum and Bearcub pellets to try at Sportsman's Warehouse. I noticed Beeman doesn't put the weight of the pellet on the can like RWS does. They must be heavier, they shoot 2" low at 30 yds. They shoot a good group also. After I re-sighted the 34, I shot a chit bird at 40 yds with the RWS Superdome.

I guess the jury is still out on the Vari X II 3X9. I'll keep you updated on whether it moves again.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Thanks for the update!! I got my Bushnell Sportview 3-9 airgun scope back from Bushnell Warranty, they gave me a Brand New Sportsman 3-9x32AO. I was thinking of putting it back on my RWS 34. Now this scope would go good on my ruger 10/22. so I would hate to put it back on the airgun just to have it broken again. let me know if your Vari X loses POI again, if the loupey won't last on a airgun, there is no way this bushnell will last.

J Simoneaud

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Trigger technique is critical on an air gun. You have to "follow through" while the spring is sprung, as well as while the pellet is moving down the barrel, or the movement will give "patterns," rather than "groups."

Jaywalker

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (22kHornet, 204guy, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 61 invisible), 2,497 guests, and 1,325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,601
Posts18,492,258
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.