Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Nice fish George! After you'd mentioned those flashers last year I've kept my eyes open and recently noticed they're around here now. I'm going to have to pick up a few and give them a try up north this year.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Joel, A black flasher? Like all black on one side and silver on the other? I saw a HotSpot the other day that was a UV white scale pattern with a black stripe like the "cookies and cream" color from Silver Hord. I'm going to do some tackle shopping this week and pick up a Glock20 I think I'll buy some more flashers too.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
D
Today 3 fish on this rig
[Linked Image]

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
How long a leader to bait with that rig? How fast are you trolling? I've never fished the Great Lakes so I have no idea how similar things are to our coastal fish. Looks like you've got the formula figured out. Nice job. 👍

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
I just noticed you're not using bait but an "Ace Hi"?? And about 24" leader?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
D
24" from flasher Atomic SS Stud Fly today
when running meat with bait head any where from 60"-72"

http://atommik.com/s528-s-s-stud-2017/

D
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
D
Speed 2.4- 2.6 mph

D
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
D
Not sure if you use divers there like dipsys but these Chinook divers will get you down over 100' with 7 strand wire line

http://chinookdiver.com/

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
I'm running Scotty electric downriggers with 900 feet of 200# braid dragging 15# balls. I have a lot of dipsy divers and deep sixes that haven't gotten wet in at least a decade. As I recall you run Canon downriggers? Or are you using divers?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
D
Yes cannon Mag 10's and Chinook divers as well as copper lines
for every 100' of copper out it gets you down 22'....I have 200',300',400' and 500' copper spooled reels and run them off Otter boat planner boards to keep them out off the way and off to the side of the boat
In idea conditions I can run 10 rods but that gets to be work 8 is perfect . 4 downriggers 2 divers and 2 copper rods

This will give you an idea of my set up

Last edited by dvdegeorge; 06/17/17.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Wow! That's a lot of gear in the water. I thought you had the white Canons for some reason. I have a buddy that converted a 21' Bayliner into a power trollers but he's got poles to spread out his...spread. 😁 That's a lot of things to keep straight, my hats off to ya. The more gear the better. Do you bring it all up when you've got a fish or just one side? I imagine that should you get your lines crossed there's a lot of cutting and tying rather than trying untangle everything. A fellow could get a doozy of a tangle with all that gear gyrating and spinning. 😉

Can you guys run as many rods per angler as you want?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Cool video George. That fish came right in between the goal posts (the 2 rods of the stern) and looked pretty cooperative. You've got a very nice set-up.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pretty sure they can run 3 rods per person now. The most we ran on ontario was 14 rods off the back of a 19' sylvan. We ran planer boards and 3 downriggers. You ever run cheaters on your rigger rods George?

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
When sport fishing, I rarely fish deeper than 75 feet. But I have the luxury of fishing lots of shallow spots that hold a lot of fish. I still run 15# balls though.

Too tired to deal with photobucket, or I'd post pics. Today was a slaughter.

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
You're killing me Joel. One more month and my son and I will be there permanently. Been getting the boat rigged and it can't come soon enough.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Fed a little intel to Mike and he came over and killed it. Coffman is dead.

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
I'm planning on spending a lot of time out of Craig. More fish and more "spots". I'll get halibut and other stuff out of Coffman but I like kings and Craig is hard to beat for that. Driving an hour or so doesn't bother me but my time spent fishing should be more productive. I've spent enough time dragging gear on long boat rides down here that I am going to get after it and learn the area. Looking forward to that aspect. Finding my own fish and paying attention to the details makes it fun. I'm sure I have many more days of long boat rides dragging gear in store for me but I'm good with that since there's no place I'd rather be than on the water.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by FishinHank
Pretty sure they can run 3 rods per person now. The most we ran on ontario was 14 rods off the back of a 19' sylvan. We ran planer boards and 3 downriggers. You ever run cheaters on your rigger rods George?

Damn that'll keep a guy busy...

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Judman

Damn that'll keep a guy busy...

It got pretty sporty a few times.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Ya I'll bet, pard and I fish 4-6 he's captain I'm bait bitch, good stuff... I'm
Kinda anal, between weeds and keepin baits spinnin good... willapa is a weedy bastard, but we kill a few fish... definitely worth the vacation and makers mark! Grin

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

316 members (1lesfox, 160user, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 25 invisible), 1,922 guests, and 1,102 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,391
Posts18,469,842
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.