Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 17 1 2 15 16 17
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
You have that down I'd say. I think you found your new favorite.

GB1

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M

The DC baseball field shooting reminded me of this old thread, misconceptions people have, along with the mountains of bad info people get from "Certified Instructors".

I bet being able to make fast and accurate hits at 50 yards would have been a rather useful skill set to have when the liberal whackjob started shooting at the GOP baseball field in DC a couple days ago.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And bad info from the certifiable on this forum

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

The DC baseball field shooting reminded me of this old thread, misconceptions people have, along with the mountains of bad info people get from "Certified Instructors".

I bet being able to make fast and accurate hits at 50 yards would have been a rather useful skill set to have when the liberal whackjob started shooting at the GOP baseball field in DC a couple days ago.

Amen...

And how many other incidents over the years have caused you to think that same thought. The North Hollywood gun fight comes immediately to mind.

R
RGK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The LAPD 1997 North Hollywood gun battle was a long range affair, with patrol officers shooting from 35-100 yards while advancing on the suspects. The officer that killed the 1st suspect shot him with his last round of 9mm in the side of the head at 35 yards. He started following and engaging the suspect from a distance of 100 yards.
Bob

Last edited by RGK; 06/16/17.
IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

MS, your damn reality checks sure mess with opinion based logic.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Mike,

I just had a "Father-Daughter day" with my middle kiddo and after fishing (we got skunked) and ice cream (that made things better), we went and played on a big set of playground equipment that had a baseball field right next to it.

I took note that some kids on the far side were well in excess 50 yards. In fact, the fence and entrance was probably a good 75 yards from where I stood. I am carrying my G17 today along with a spare 22 round ETS mag (downloaded by 1, to 21). I made the observation that it would not have been too hard to get behind one of the big trees that line the outside of the field, and get inside a nutjob/active shooter's OODA Loop, and keep him occupied dodging 124 grain gifts, until a better course of action could be determined.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
MS, visualisation is a useful training tool, made even better when you know what it takes to make the shot and do the work to make it happen. Your credibility adds a lot to this site.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
In defensive situations we are dealing with two different scenarios..one being a "property" crime and the other being murder where the object is to kill not steal.

Most property crimes start within conversation distance, the object usually being to just take your property not necessarily kill you.

Killings on the other hand can start anywhere from contact distance to as far away as you can be seen by the perpetrator.

Problem of course is being prepared mentally and physically as well having the equipment and ability to take care of any situation that arises.

Robberies of course happen all day, every day, every where....but so do killings, even the long range ones happen frequently. Think of the Texas Tower shooting, how many shopping malls, movie theaters and sporting events have been hit....and now we have Jihadist shootings to add to the mix....

Be the best you can be with what is most practically advantageous to carry...Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
Page 17 of 17 1 2 15 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

336 members (219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 257robertsimp, 1_deuce, 204guy, 46 invisible), 2,542 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,238
Posts18,485,844
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.