-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pit Bulls just go crazy when in attach mode. You never know when they will attack, just that they will sooner or later.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey, I've done my part over the years, I've killed so many dangerous dogs, I probably need a recipe.

Dopers and unresponsible people are to fault.

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 06/24/17.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I have killed exactly one Pitbull. Used a 257 Roberts with a 120 gr Nosler Partition. Actually I used a couple of the Partitions one put him down and the second one was to make sure he stayed down. I've seen coyotes put up a bigger fuss...

I firmly believe that dog had attacked a Seeing Eye dog and I know that it killed at least one of my barn cats.

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey I don't like doing it but I've been attacked by "friendly" dogs while trying to carry firewood into the house. Thats how dang bad it is in some places.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ShadeTree
[quote=Starman]police K9 attacks LEO should have shot the fckr right there and then, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd9LV9qrnos

Possibly. Don't know the whole story....if it was mistaken identity in close quarters, then it was a mistake.
If the dog lost it and turned and attacked for no reason, then yes,

Mistaken identity or the dog just lost ,..yes well the only way to really know is to ask the dog or read its mind.
For all we know the K9 could in another circumstance have mangled a young childs arm or ripped its face by
mistake....thankfully K9 only mauled another LEO on this occasion.

Your example is hardly a comparison to unprovoked attacks again and again and again by pit bulls....

A dog attack is a dog attack I don't care if it a g-shepherd, labrador or pitbull.
people who have lost children to other breeds don't console themselves on that fact it wasn't a PB.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
As a jogger i am attacked by dogs frequently. Last night it was a [bleep] and the problem was chasing it away without hurting it. I chose a rock. The pit bull up the street charged and i pepper sprayed it. Next time out he left me alone. But if he gets aggressive again it will be a dirt nap.for him. All dogs should be leashed in my opinion as they are aggressive and territorial. And definitely owners should be held responsible for every action by their pet. I could fill a book with all the pit bull attacks i know about. I would never associate with a pit bull owner....

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by ShadeTree
[quote=Starman]police K9 attacks LEO should have shot the fckr right there and then, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd9LV9qrnos

Possibly. Don't know the whole story....if it was mistaken identity in close quarters, then it was a mistake.
If the dog lost it and turned and attacked for no reason, then yes,

Mistaken identity or the dog just lost ,..yes well the only way to really know is to ask the dog or read its mind.
For all we know the K9 could in another circumstance have mangled a young childs arm or ripped its face by
mistake....thankfully K9 only mauled another LEO on this occasion.

Your example is hardly a comparison to unprovoked attacks again and again and again by pit bulls....

A dog attack is a dog attack I don't care if it a g-shepherd, labrador or pitbull.
people who have lost children to other breeds don't console themselves on that fact it wasn't a PB.

With the first paragraph of your quote you just showed your hand on a public forum that you know diddly squat about dogs. I said we don't know the whole story, it could've been mistaken identity in close quarters. As usual on the internet, people weigh in on issues like they know what they're talking about, with obvious zero experience to back it up.

Dogs that are amped up in the middle of a fight, be it on another animal, or in this case possibly a human, will reactionary bite if you do things wrong. I've had teeth put on me by my own dogs in these kinds of situations, it's a mistake. The dog didn't mean it. My fault when it happened. Not to mention another officer that the dog doesn't know, possibly reaching in there or grappling with a suspect. We don't know, it doesn't say. That is 100% different than a dog that turns and attacks without cause. The only thing I gathered for sure about that story was this.... "The original call was for a man who possibly attacked his brother with a hammer." So chances are things were loud, messy, and chaotic.

I would venture to say I've worked with more dogs in my life than you or most people have looked at pictures of them. I can confidently say I've spent more hours working with dogs than most people have ever spent watching TV or randomly searching things on the internet unless they've never had a job. I grew up with no TV and from a young age on dogs became a hobby and passion. So if you're my age while you and your friends were watching TV and playing Asteroids or Artari, I was working with dogs. By my mid teens I had people twice my age dropping dogs off to be trained in either a hunting format or just plain obedience. Dogs, dogs, and more dogs of all kinds almost non stop for 35 yrs. When it got too hot in the summer to work dogs I'd work them at night. I'm fair to middln' at a lot of things, but working with dogs and figuring out problems with dogs is something I approach with full confidence that I'll figure out. You are not going to instruct me on dog behavior when it's obvious you lack first hand experience, so don't even freaking start. Go back to searching for dog videos on youtube.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (35, 10gaugemag, akrange, 12 invisible), 1,521 guests, and 838 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,627
Posts18,492,938
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.