Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 12344mag
What happened to this lady is tragic to say the least.

28 people killed by pitbull or pitbull mixed breeds in 2016
10,265 killed by drunk drivers

There are more dangerous things in this world.

Approx. 13,286 people were killed by firearms, using the general logic for pitbulls it seems that firearms are more dangerous than pitbulls, should we get rid of firearms as well?

I'm not arguing that pitbulls aren't dangerous as they can be but why should responsible owners be denied because of irresponsible owners?

Today I encountered hundreds of drivers in a short couple runs through town. None of them, drunk nor sober attacked me. By their driving I suspect more than a few were indulging one way or another. It has been quite a while since I have seen a pitbull or rotty near me... so I am subjected to no more than a very few per year.

How many million firearms are there in this country? To use your line we should also give doctors a pass even though iatragenic deaths far exceed drunk drivers.

I see no reason to give drunk drivers nor pits a pass.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
12344mag, the problem is responsible and pit bull owners does not belong in the same sentence. They are usually brain dead drug addicted morons who blame kids for the pit bull killing them. I once knew a pit bull owner who loved his dog and kept it on a leash. He was a rare guy but i would have him for a neighbor. When obama came out against aggressive breed laws i knew he was wrong.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by sollybug
12344mag, the problem is responsible and pit bull owners does not belong in the same sentence. They are usually brain dead drug addicted morons who blame kids for the pit bull killing them. I once knew a pit bull owner who loved his dog and kept it on a leash. He was a rare guy but i would have him for a neighbor. When obama came out against aggressive breed laws i knew he was wrong.

You are correct for the most part, My guess is about 60% of Pits are owned by the brain dead druggies, and about 20% are owned by people that think they are just a lab, the other 10% are owned by responsible owners.

The key to gun ownership, drinking, Pit ownership, and many other things in life is Responsibility.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I suspect liberals kill and maim more people than pits from year to year.

I've killed more pits than liberals. My bad.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Never seen a gun of any "breed" drag a grown person across their own yard and chew on them. And, then encourage their friends to join the melee.

I don't champion a vendetta against the breed. I see them on the pig hunting shows a lot. There is a reason they are used for such work.

As a pet??? There are better choices.

IF you want to flirt with danger, just get a Bengal Tiger or maybe a Wolverine.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My wife knows this woman... so very sad.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag
My guess is about 60% of Pits are owned by the brain dead druggies, and about 20% are owned by people that think they are just a lab, the other 10% are owned by responsible owners.

Math? It must be that missing 10% that do all that killing? What demographic owns the missing ones?

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
My trailer hitch has hurt more people than any of my guns. It is all about opportunity.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
If my neighbor owned a pit bull, I would consider getting one of those large caliber air rifles, the ones that go about 1000 fps (subsonic) at the muzzle and come with a suppressor that doesn't need a federal permit (because it's on an air gun). "Bip."Maybe no exit wound. The dumb owner might not even know why it died.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I was a paper boy in the late 60's didn't trust any dog....was bit by 12 dogs couldn't tell you how many came at me just barking and growling....I don't care what breed or mutt has it in them to bite and cannot be completely trusted....

IC B3

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
You don't reverse hundreds of years of breeding by training or loving your dog. The same reason my shorthairs point birds at 7 weeks old with no training. I can train them to leave the chickens alone but one day when no one is around ?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by bellydeep
I don't know how hunters can argue in favor of pit bulls once they see what genetics can do in hounds and bird dogs.

You can never condition a dog to ignore its breeding.

BINGO, BINGO, BINGO!!!!!!!

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I work in downtown Winston Salem and I see more pits being walked by people other then AA's then one can believe. I have been around them in Florida quite a bit, it was unusual for some sub contractor working for my Brother to not have one in the pickup. The only pit I have ever seen that was aggressive was one that tried to go after my Brother when he was leaving his deer stand a few years back, that was a bad mistake on the dog's part. BAR 1 Pitt 0

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A few years ago a dog came on our place and bared its teeth at one of the kids. They got to see the buzzards recycle him.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by bellydeep
I don't know how INTELLIGENT PEOPLE can argue in favor of pit bulls once they see what genetics can do in hounds and bird dogs.

You can never condition a dog to ignore its breeding.
FIXT

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I have had renting neighbors move in & noticed they had Pit Bulls. I immediately served them notice those dogs would eat their last biscuit if they ever came onto my property, no matter the reason.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by NEBHUNTER
You don't reverse hundreds of years of breeding by training or loving your dog. The same reason my shorthairs point birds at 7 weeks old with no training. I can train them to leave the chickens alone but one day when no one is around ?

Folks who dont believe in the genetic breeding to enhance certain traits should try teaching a cat to ingore a rat.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Most muzzies never kill anyone. They'er so safe the pope got him some. Did you ever hear of him getting a pit?

Most rattlers never bite anyone, even the pet ones. Feel free to get you some. Post a sign "Beware, Pet Rattle Snakes Inside". Save a lot on vet bills, also smirk.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I don't see many pits outside of town, in the country they don't last long if they ever roam free. Mostly it seems like the druggies like them. I don't allow pits in my rentals, because if you own a pit you have already proved to me you make poor life choices. I can understand them for hog dogs, but that's about it.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I can see the draw of a pit in that they don't shed much, they are pretty mellow, they are pretty quiet. Problem is, when they snap its over with. They are bred to not stop once they flip the switch.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (007FJ, 35, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 6mmCreedmoor, 1_deuce, 12 invisible), 1,471 guests, and 828 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,306
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.