Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
bigJ Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
So they no longer list the model 600, 7, or mini Mauser stocks - so I used their "contact us" form to ask and never got a response. I've called multiple times a day for the last few working days without an answer.

Are they still in business? Any other suggestions on how to get a hold of them?

I sure hope I'm just unlucky and everything is still cool with the company.

Last edited by bigJ; 06/27/17.
GB1

B
bigJ Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Sure 2min after I post this I get through to them. Sadly it sounds like the m7, 600, and mini Mauser are going to be discontinued....:(

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I heard they they were moving..
They sell a model 704 in short action, it looks nice. A 308 Win. has a 1-10 inch twist. I don't have any of the specks on the 704.

Take care.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I contacted them recently through Facebook, looking real hard at buying one of their stocks for a Mauser 98.

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The only thing I can say with certainty is that Mark (Bansner) is no longer affiliated with Legendary Arms. Can't speak to anything else.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
IC B2

B
bigJ Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Do you know if Mark is planning to offer his stocks again?

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by SKane
The only thing I can say with certainty is that Mark (Bansner) is no longer affiliated with Legendary Arms. Can't speak to anything else.

More start ups fail than succeed; that's a well know business fact.

Just because one can make a supurb product, doesn't guarantee they can form and run a company.

Different skill set and as I understand it, partners, which can really change/complicate/overwhelm the dynamic.

I wish Mark the best, hope he gets his affairs in order and gets back to making excellent stocks.

DF

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Buddy bought a LAW rifle, nice fit and finish but sprayed bullets. They agreed to warranty it though....

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have purchased two LAW rifles in the past several months.

The first was a Bobcat model, in 308 Win, with a short threaded barrel and short length of pull. The 704 action was slicker than snot, but I just didn't like the feel of the rifle. I sold it to my FFL.

I then found a Professional model in 6.5 Creedmoor. I really like it and it shoots Hornady 143 gr VLD-X into less than and inch. I have also tried 129 gr Hornady Whitetail, and it is OK, but not quite 1".

I talked, at length, to Mark Bansner just as he was parting ways with LAW. They were moving production to the Harrisburg area. He was not. We had a good chat and he was very upbeat.

Donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by donsm70

I talked, at length, to Mark Bansner just as he was parting ways with LAW. They were moving production to the Harrisburg area. He was not. We had a good chat and he was very upbeat.
Donsm70

Mark Bansner = good people.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I have owned 4 LAW rifles.

Two of the Closers (270 and 300WM) that I bought at a good price when they were discontinued.

I sold them unfired, and then upgraded to a Professional in 7RM. I never really got it tuned in, but the rifle shot very well, and I had no doubt it was going to be well sub-MOA once tuned in.

Just Wednesday I took delivery on a Bobcat in 308. The short LOP doesn't bother me for its intended purpose (you wear a lot of clothes stand hunting in WI in late November). And I really like the barrel profile on the rifle. Not light . . . not too heavy, and with flutes.

Every one of these rifles exhibited excellent fit and finish (nearly custom quality), and cycled smoothly, with a precision of operation I haven't experienced since I sold my Ed Brown Damara (quite a few years ago).

Another example . . . when I got the rifle, I was a bit disappointed, as the barrel did not appear to be threaded (as advertised). In fact, the thread protector is not knurled, and the joint is so perfect it is completely invisible. If I hadn't tried to screw it off, I would have never known that the barrel was threaded as expected.

I absolutely love the M704 action, and assuming the Bobcat shoots well, I'll be watching for the opportunity to pick up another LAW when funds permit.

I may even consider building a custom based on a LAW action with Bansner stock. They are selling the actions, stocks, and bottom metal separately on the LAW webpage now.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
B
bigJ Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Do any of you guys have or know where there is one of his mini-Mauser stocks?

I'm desperate to find one, and I called legendary arms and they don't have any and said they are at least 16 weeks away from making any more stocks.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was gonna suggest Brownells, but I just checked and came up empty. Don't know who else retails his stocks.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
bcp Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bigJ
Do any of you guys have or know where there is one of his mini-Mauser stocks?

I'm desperate to find one, and I called legendary arms and they don't have any and said they are at least 16 weeks away from making any more stocks.

Have you considered an alternative?

http://www.mpistocks.com/blankpricelist.htm

They also make it in a Micro-Lite version

http://www.mpistocks.com/newpro6.jpg

Bruce

B
bigJ Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I have not. I have never seen a mpi in the flesh but all the horror stories kept me from looking.
It's actually going to be used with a sako A1 action. The high tech mini Mauser was very easy to fit to the last one I built and I was hoping to build a twin to the first one. But at this point my search doesn't look very promising.

Last edited by bigJ; 07/07/17.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I think some folks here are missing part of the big picture ...

Time was ,Bansner rifles-Hi-tech stocks was a stand alone company . Had its own website ,etc..

That looks like that is no longer the case. When you Google mark Bansner or Banser rifkes you get directed to Legendary Arms website.
Basd on what transpired before and after Mark left- Id say he was offered a nice pile of cash upfront for his Riflesmithing and stock making business which was to be combined with Ed Brown's rifle action tooling to create Legendary Arms Works.

Mark apparently was retained as an employee /consultant and left because he did not want to move to Harrisburg( I don't blame him;).
I bet he was totally bought out and may even have a non competitive clause in his sell out agreement barring him from doing any gun work for a while..thats usually the way things go.

So- I think folks are SOL hoping for anything Mark Bansner once made that Legendary Arms is not willing to sell.. I think the best thing you can do is bug the heck out of LAW and their dealers like Brownells to fill the pipline again with product.

I wish them well. The High Tech stocks filled a voId in the market ,IMHO.

Last edited by jk16; 07/07/17.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
I really like the 704 action, have an Ed Brown Damara in .300 WM.

I hope LAW can get their act together and manufacture those fine actions.

DF

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by WiFowler
I was gonna suggest Brownells, but I just checked and came up empty. Don't know who else retails his stocks.

I seen them recently on Midway's site, but when I looked today, I couldn't find them. If course given Midway's site that doesn't necessarily mean they aren't there....

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had the chance to hold a LAW 704 in .308 Win. This rifle looked to be well made. Yes, it made me wonder, do I need another rifle?

I might go back and see if they still have it in stock. If not, then I didn't need it.

Texas
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Spartacus
I had the chance to hold a LAW 704 in .308 Win. This rifle looked to be well made. Yes, it made me wonder, do I need another rifle?

I might go back and see if they still have it in stock. If not, then I didn't need it.

NEED is a four letter word and should be banned from any Loony hang out site... shocked

laugh

DF

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 1badf350, 12344mag, 160user, 1234, 50 invisible), 2,228 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,107
Posts18,502,216
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.