Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
GEAUX TIGERS!

I've watched football and baseball going on 70 years and I came to the conclusion a long time ago that a guy has to be a better athlete to play baseball than a 'grunt' in football!! Baseball is a thinking mans' game!!

Yep, very true................... Geaux Tigers

A true friend is someone who reaches for your
hand but touches your heart !!!
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That was a wide ass strike zone!!!! I couldn't believe the calls. I don't have a dog in the fight, I just love watching college baseball.

It's tough when the UMPS decide games. But as a coach and a kid, he called that way the whole game. Anything close I'm swinging at just to fight it off and get another pitch.

I felt bad for that kid from Florida last night that pitched 7 + innings, he looked to be in some pain with his right knee.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
GEAUX TIGERS!

I've watched football and baseball going on 70 years and I came to the conclusion a long time ago that a guy has to be a better athlete to play baseball than a 'grunt' in football!! Baseball is a thinking mans' game!!

That's what makes baseball so boring.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by victoro
GEAUX TIGERS!

I'd bet you can't sit still on a deer stand over 5 minutes also!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
It's all about the pitching. SEC dominance on full display.

”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Good pitching beats good hitting...period. The calls on the outside of the plate were consistent. If a guy's smart he will go up to the plate knowing he has to protect the outside of the plate. Hit one the opposite direction or foul off pitches until he can get one to hit. The problem I had was when the long fair ball for OSU, w/men on base, was called foul. It was in the second of the 3 games between LSU and OSU. That was a game changer. If you play BB long enough though, that will happen. It sure caused a great swing in momentum. Anyway, it's going to make for a great series. I think LSU is capable of producing more runs and The Faedo kid won't be able to pitch unless the series goes to three games. powdr

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
GEAUX TIGERS!

It's boring to those who don't understand what's going on.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by JGRaider
GEAUX TIGERS!

It's boring to those who don't understand what's going on.

Very true statement ^^^^^^^^^

My take on the OSU/LSU final game that the OSU coach got out coached in two ways. When the Ump showed he was going to call the balls wide off the plate a strike the OSU boys (pitchers and batters) never adjusted and their coach didn't seem to be trying to get them to. Second, in an interview after the game 3 the kid that pitched for LSU said he knew the OSU batters were going to be taking the first pitch everytime so he said I just threw a strike and got ahead in the count. If you know baseball you know your batting average goes way down when your behind in the count. I suspect this knowledge was gained in the first game between them where LSU was pounded. Second and Third game resulted in two hits per game. Adjustments made by coaches!

Last edited by Elkhunter49; 06/25/17.

A true friend is someone who reaches for your
hand but touches your heart !!!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
As long as we are talking about questionable strike zones: How is it that a pitch that the catcher receives at face/mask level is a ball, high? If umps are going to take away the upper half of the strike zone, I have no problem with them widening the zone a bit, if they are consistent. It is no wonder that the game is being turned into a home run derby.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
IME as a hitter, you can usually expect to get a couple of very hittable pitches during every at bat at the college level, even at high level college games. Obviously the thing is to not miss one of those pitches by fouling it off, clean miss, etc. When you do get your pitch, don't miss. That's what separates the pretty decent hitters from the really good hitters. None of these pitchers in the CWS can put it exactly where they want it every single time. In fact, very few anywhere can.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I watched until TCU eliminated my Aggies cry

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Can a pick-off attempt at third base be called a strike? If it's possible, it's going to happen in this game.

A few years back at the High School State Tournament the catcher threw behind a base runner on first base and was called out - the kicker - it was ball 4 on the batter. Umps lost track of what they were doing and called the runner out and the 'way outside' pitch was called a strike after conformation with the field ump who wasn't paying attention either. Best not to leave it up to the umpires.........

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Come on LSU!!!!

J Simoneaud

Supper's ready!! you have 2 choices, Eat or Don't eat.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Go GATORS!!!!

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Though I listened to a LOT of LSU baseball in the late 80's and early 90's when living outside of LSU. Those Skip Bertman days were something.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Scott you Trade Coat!!

You were one of us!!! Coonass remember?

J Simoneaud

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I was a Gator LONG before I ever lived in Louisiana. I'm always pulling for LSU, so long as it's not against the Gators.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Gottcha! 1 run in now

J Simoneaud

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Now it's raining, what the hell. I don't want a delay it getting the trophy to Florida...

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

676 members (01Foreman400, 160user, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 2,583 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,835
Posts18,478,088
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.