Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by websterparish47
What's the likely range to be? Wax bullets with just the primer probably would work.

I use to love shooting my wax bullets around the house. I loaded everything from 22 RF to 30-06 with them. Powered by primers or maybe a grain or so of powder, even black powder. I used a block of modeling clay to mold my wax bullets in. Also used copper tubing that I chamfered to a sharp cutting edge to cut bullets out of a block of paraffin. Lots of ways to do it, so have fun.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
get out one of your least used 38 caliber bullet molds, spray it lightly with PAM and fill with a hot glue gun. That glue bullet will not over penetrate or leave a grease stain

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Ran across this thread and thought I'd toss it in the discussion.

Here

Don't open if you're suffering from OCD.

Last edited by DigitalDan; 07/03/17.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Per usual, I've been over thinking this a bit. Realized this morning the solution is obvious and was parked in front of me from the start. Figuring about 5 grains of 4fg and a wad of grits will work out of the flint lock. Over powder card wad and a bit of rag over grits. Pop-Splat.

S. Simon

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

My preferred load was 2 pumps on my Benjamin.

However, you can live catch them with fishing rod using a slip knot on some heavy fishing line.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Shaman, why the 209 and how'd you arrange for that in a pistol case?

Sorry I missed this earlier. There are various wax bullet companies out there and they provide pre-drilled cases that hold a 209 primer. The primer slips in and out fairly easily. I got a set of 6 with 500 bullets for my Ruger Blackhawk years ago. The 209 primer is enough to give a wax bullet enough impetus to dent a can at 10 yards. They also make a pleasing splat on a stone wall.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks, didn't know that about the brass supply so formed.

Whiptail, my Benjamin is broke. -sniff-

You provoke a thought however. Wondering if the li'l bastids would hit a nymph fly with the occasional twitch?

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Frogs go for a shred of red ballon tied to the hook.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Another thought I had on this: blowgun

After college, I had a place close to downtown for 9 years, and had intermittent plagues of cockroaches. Some of them were pretty big. This was when I was starting to get into firearms and hunting. I acquired a couple of blowguns and my friends and I would sit around at night and pick off roaches on the wall. The projectiles were just sections of spring steel with a sharpened point, and we found we could pin a roach from across the room.

A similar rig might be just the thing for lizards.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Was considering that blowgun thing and might go down that path.

I am..........disturbed.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Thanks, didn't know that about the brass supply so formed.

Whiptail, my Benjamin is broke. -sniff-

You provoke a thought however. Wondering if the li'l bastids would hit a nymph fly with the occasional twitch?

Well get it fixed! I had new seals installed in mine.

No lure necessary. Just slip the line around their necks and tighten it up. If it pull too hard it will decapitate them...

Quando omni flunkus moritati
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shaman
Another thought I had on this: blowgun

After college, I had a place close to downtown for 9 years, and had intermittent plagues of cockroaches. Some of them were pretty big. This was when I was starting to get into firearms and hunting. I acquired a couple of blowguns and my friends and I would sit around at night and pick off roaches on the wall. The projectiles were just sections of spring steel with a sharpened point, and we found we could pin a roach from across the room.

A similar rig might be just the thing for lizards.

During college a favorite pastime would be to drink a case of beer and shoot flies off the wall with .22 LR.

Good times.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Dan, any way to just shoot wads out of a .410? 5 grains of unique and a cheap wad may do the trick, but may also do more damage to your porch than you're wanting.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Sold the .410 some years back, the bigger ones might make more boom than I need? Whole new world this lizard ballistics thing? laugh
Variation of the theme, as soon as I find some caps the .45 cap lock peestol will get some exercise. Wads and grits, mebbe 5 gr of 4f

Nailed 4 yesterday with the flip flops. Not very sporting but very effective. No videos allowed, I'm not as agile as I was back in my surfer boy days.

I am..........disturbed.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

Im laffin you got 4 with your frippityfrop, Quick Draw.

How about an air soft bb gun. Shoots plastic bbs, not metallic, so will prob be just fast enough to put the knockout on them, without any damage.

Lots of good answers here. I also was gonna suggest blowdart.

No cull picture of the lizard blood letting? Make sure you hold them at ams length so they look yuuuuuge.

Trump HAD the World, ", Trump saw our children, "
Trump saw a way to make a brighter day so he started giving
There was a choice he was making, he was saving our own lives
Its true he made a brighter day for you and me. --Trump WINS 2016
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
How about .38/357 cases, primers and a foam earplug. I shoot them in the garage, fairly accurate.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Whittakers has been trying to get rid of those smoothbore 22 rifles for sometime.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Whittakers has been trying to get rid of those smoothbore 22 rifles for sometime.

P.S. I guess a smoothbore is not a rifle.

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 07/09/17. Reason: Add P.S>

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rizard no rikee frip frop !

Frip Frop boo coo #10, !

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 17CalFan, 222ND, 60 invisible), 2,641 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,588
Posts18,473,420
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.