Took a little trip on the delta a couple weeks ago with a new to me Springfield M1.
I took two batches of loads to try out. The first was just some 150gr Hornady FMJs with a middling H4895 load just to get a feel for the rifle. The second batch was made up with some powder coated NOE 311041 bullets (only cast rifle bullets I had on hand).
After some extensive research on Castboolits and other sites, I put a few together starting at 30grs and worked up in 1gr increments. Goal was just to find the minimum load that would cycle the action (turned out to be 33grs) and then work on tweaks from there. I have since purchased another NOE mold, a 312299, just for this rifle so I will be experimenting with that moving forward.
No target pics or chronograph readings to show yet...just getting into the swamp to play with an old icon. I'll try to update as I move forward with cast in this rifle.
Still trying to figure out the new pic deal so going to try Photobucket.
Just need a tripod mount on the Jon boat...
Planning on getting out again this week to do a little more experimenting. Actually hoping to take a couple of targets and maybe a steel plate this time. Last trip was pretty spur of the moment just to sling some lead.