Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Have a 8400 338WM with a case of excess headspace and very limited use. I am currently less than a minute away from being on hold for an hour. This is the third attempt at speaking to anyone, well over two hours without an answer on their phone line.

Why bother to have a phone system if this is the best you can do?

They have responded to emails exactly the same way.

Pretty much total bullshit at this point!

Just get yourself a nice Browning A-bolt and be done with it. 😉

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Have a 8400 338WM with a case of excess headspace and very limited use. I am currently less than a minute away from being on hold for an hour. This is the third attempt at speaking to anyone, well over two hours without an answer on their phone line.

Why bother to have a phone system if this is the best you can do?

They have responded to emails exactly the same way.

Pretty much total bullshit at this point!

Just get yourself a nice Browning A-bolt and be done with it. 😉

Choked on my shandy!!! That would fix it, yeah!

Actually, not my rifle, so I do not have to go that low again.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D

Yeah, I have had terrible service from Kimber. Would not own another of their rifles if you gave it to me.

NRA Patron
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Stick lives in Alaska and knows all things Kimber.

Maybe he could assist?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Have an 8400 Montana 30-06 which shot in excess of 3" out of the box with factory Gold Medal Match ammo. Called Kimber, asked about accuracy, told, "we don't guarantee accuracy" stop, end of conversation.

With a ton of lapping, and a recrown, got it to shoot barely an inch with only the best handloaded TTSX's. Not impressed for a $1300 rifle. Certainly not worth the original Colt 6920 AR I traded for it.

Intellectual honesty is the most important character trait in human beings.
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Sorry to hear this. Have two of the very best 1911s we own that are Kimbers. Lucky I guess, they have needed nothing.

A shame to hear this. Would have liked a Talkeetna just because... but not paying that and possibly having to drop another 500 or so into the gun..

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K

Kimber roulette ... who needs it?

For that amount of money, they should have consistent quality control.

kd

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
That really sucks. Granted I"ve not seen that many, but likely close to 15 1911s, all in 45 and have not seen a bad example yet.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
No issues with my 5 Kimber rifles.

However, I have called them on an offer open to SCI chapters. Their phone "system" could use an overhaul. Once though, I felt I was valued and they did provide the information required. In further contact via phone and email, I always received prompt replies.

Now a different rifle company, hard to get a hold of. Then when I got through to a live person, I was always passed off to another who "was in". After waiting a while, it was always,"he must have stepped out, we'll take a message and he'll call you back today". While my calls and emails to that person are still unanswered and this goes back to February this year.

I figure they must not want our repeat business. Kimber helped us get a steep discount on our current SCI Calgary raffle rifle. I like Kimber better anyways.

I don't know why companies don't have stringent quality control checks. Their reputation should be paramount. If a problem does sneak through, making it right shoul be their first priority.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
they make real nice rifles, but for the money they charge you would think they would have more quality control. If they had customer service that a co like leupold has it would be a lot more user friendly.......

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Terrible product and terrible company.

The only thing that keeps it alive is their marketing dept.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by boliep

Terrible product and terrible company.

The only thing that keeps it alive is their marketing dept.

The massive profits from what the DO sell may be one contributing factor to why they still afloat...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
Stick lives in Alaska and knows all things Kimber.

Maybe he could assist?

Travis

Alaska is a mighty big place...driving distance is only 1,745 miles. Maybe I should just pop on over with it.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Borrow a plane.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
The planes I could borrow lack that kind of range....

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Why anyone would spend over 1000 on a Kimber rifle these days and then spend countless hours trying to get it to shoot when they could just buy a $500 Tikka and have a shooter out of the box is beyond me. I owned 1 Kimber and it was the worst shooting rifle I have ever owned.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
thats bullschit it's not like you're asking them to give you your stock back or something.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I sold my Montana and bought a Sako. The Montana shot right around 1 moa but the Sako will do even better. I sure like the feel and weight of the Kimbers but getting an accurate one is hit and miss. I sent an 8400 back for a customer because the last inch or so of the bore was rough. The customer asked Kimber to install a stainless barrel (instead of the stock blued one it came with) which they did and that improved performance. He was getting under 1" 3 shot groups at a 100 which ain't bad for a lightweight hunting rifle. My Savage 116 FSAK in .338WM will consistently print 1/2" at 100 if I do my part, it just doesn't like Partitions. Weird that it'll shoot everything else with precision but not Partitions. If going cup and core (which is rare for me anymore) it'll put A-frames or TBBC into one hole. It loved the old original X bullets and the fail safes and seems to love the new TSX and TTSX so I'm okay with it not liking Partitions. I don't hunt with it as much anymore but when I do I know it'll do its job flawlessly. An accurate Savage isn't quite as earth shattering as an accurate Kimber nor is the Savage as refined or handsome as the Kimber but the animals don't seem to mind. 😉

I've never been impressed with Kimber's QC or customer service but as previously mentioned their marketing department s top notch.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Kimber struck again today. Purchased a muzzlebreak directly from them specifically for my model and caliber. [bleep]'ng treads are wrong. Goes one up to thread #3 then starts a new design - what a joke their quality has become. I don't even want to call them!

Last edited by vacrt2002; 07/15/17.

“There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don’t care who gets credit.” R. Reagan
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
First world problems.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

437 members (219 Wasp, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 22kHornet, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 16penny, 51 invisible), 2,500 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,625
Posts18,492,843
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.