Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Dennis,

Hope to get a chance to meet you. Arrive at BRA via Wright Air on Aug 17th.

Kurt

GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Hey Dennis-

Is the fella with the mustangs still there?

I got a story about an interesting day spent there. wink

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by USMC2602
Dennis,

Hope to get a chance to meet you. Arrive at BRA via Wright Air on Aug 17th.

Kurt

Kurt, I will be around. There aren't that many of us so I will see you- might not know you but I usually meet everyone at some point. Between pulling people off the Caravans (Wrights) and transporting folks to the float pond to talking to them in the office I get to see everyone. August is MUCH busier so we'll see how it goes.

Nobody with mustangs or at least I haven't heard the story. I will inquire tomorrow!

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What's the scuttlebut on the 210 that sank in Wild Lake? Really a 210 or did the FAA botch the reporting, again?

It's not the destination...
T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Dennis emailed that it was in fact a 210 and it is in fact at the bottom. He can fill in more.

No fatalities, though.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
IC B2

Y
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Y
Glad to see you're having fun in the neighborhood. Any idea when you're heading back outside? If you find yourself buzzing on floats around down towards the yukon feel free to drop in. It's a bit of a ride but just over the hill by Alaska standards. I'm between Ruby and Tanana.

Because through judicious handloading and a bold sense of optimism, you can make anything into an .88 Magnum - once! 😁 - chesterpulley
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by ykrvak
Glad to see you're having fun in the neighborhood. Any idea when you're heading back outside? If you find yourself buzzing on floats around down towards the yukon feel free to drop in. It's a bit of a ride but just over the hill by Alaska standards. I'm between Ruby and Tanana.

Good directions by Alaska standards... I'm sure he will find you, if he looks.

How hard could it be? smile

Last edited by las; 07/11/17.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Dennis, Thanks for the photo of your Pike. I tried to respond to your email, but remember your short time with a connection. Have fun Buddy, you are sure in God's favorite country.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Yes, an older 210 WITH lift struts. I can't find the tail number. His phone was in the bottom of Wild lake so he couldn't call out. I heard a rumor from some fisherman that stopped in for fuel so we hurried over to check on the rumor. He was OK, a little cut up from crawling through the broken windscreen. Plane was 30' deep already when he crawled out. His wife watched the whole thing from shore. They neighbors saw it and jumped in their boat to rescue any survivors. When I talked to him he had not yet talked to the NTSB so I won't share any details. Wild lake is 500 feet deep in the middle. That plane is there forever. I'm just glad Marty is OK.

NRA Benefactor Member

IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have some internet in the early mornings so I can occasionally get a photo or two out. So far only Pike and lakers on the hook. Can't wait to get after the sheefish. Had some for dinner a couple of nights ago- fantastic eating.

NRA Benefactor Member

Y
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Y
Originally Posted by las

Yeah, I was being a little vague on purpose. Figure Dennis can PM me if he wants more specific directions. 😀

Of course on the 120 miles of river between Tanana and Ruby there are only two places that are occupied year round, so we do kind of stand out a little.

Last edited by ykrvak; 07/11/17.

Because through judicious handloading and a bold sense of optimism, you can make anything into an .88 Magnum - once! 😁 - chesterpulley
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by las

Yeah, I was being a little vague purpose. Figure Dennis can PM me if he wants more specific directions. 😀

Of course on the 120 miles of river between Tanana and Ruby there are only two places that are occupied year round, so we do kind of stand out a little.

Feeling crowded?

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Y
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Y
On occasion. 😉

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Engine quit, the only 210 on floats? Curious?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N9664X

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Back in Arizona for 3 days- Dayammm it is hot here and I thought Bettles was bad!

NRA Benefactor Member

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Enjoy Arizona. Didn't get flooded did you?

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
No, most of the rain missed us. 9 people drown in Payson Saturday, flashfloods are more dangerous than folks think! We got 1/4" here at the house. Bettles, meanwhile has had some bad electrical storms with their own wildfire an all!

Last edited by dennisinaz; 07/17/17.

NRA Benefactor Member

Y
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Y
I heard some thunder last night north of here, but it was far off. That's probably what Bettles was getting. Smokey here this morning. I'll have to check the fire map again this afternoon once the planes are up and around reporting anything new.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

128 members (300s, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 257 mag, 35, 13 invisible), 1,525 guests, and 957 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,624
Posts18,474,071
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.