Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Lived on the border for 50 years, ran it as a kid and young adult; eating, drinking, hitting the local dances, visiting pards relatives and hitting an occasional cat house, well, maybe a bit more than occasionally. I haven't set foot in that chit hole for 30 years....they have nothing I need, and I have nothing they need, no interest in Mexico at all.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by poboy
The only problem with Mexico is all the meskins.

laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JefeMojado
Lived on the border for 50 years, ran it as a kid and young adult; eating, drinking, hitting the local dances, visiting pards relatives and hitting an occasional cat house, well, maybe a bit more than occasionally. I haven't set foot in that chit hole for 30 years....they have nothing I need, and I have nothing they need, no interest in Mexico at all.

Yep.

Been 25 years for me. There was a time that I spent more time there than here.
The reasons to stay out far outweigh the reasons to go there.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

How can that be? Can't go many places in the US that doesn't look like Mexico anymore.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RJL53

How can that be? Can't go many places in the US that doesn't look like Mexico anymore.

Sir, that is the problem here as well.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I always thought mexico was not a vacation place.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
NVHntr - "Shootout in Cancun: Narcos Take Their War Into Hot Beach Resorts ..."

Sounds like the premise for a good rompin' ' stompin' action movie. Call it, uhhhhh.....

Sicario Redux. wink

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
They also have horrible steaks and serve hot beer.

I've never been a fan. Would much rather go to the Caribbean.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
They also have horrible steaks and serve hot beer.

I've never been a fan. Would much rather go to the Caribbean.

I used to travel to Nogales and Magdelena on business. I had a "steak" once in Nogales that I swear was either spoiled or was burro or something. I'm pretty sure it wasn't beef. Mexico is an absolute schitt hole, I wouldn't go there for anything now.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I feel that my life is in more danger from the crap in mexico than the crap from muslim hillbilly's in Ashcanistan. America can ban the muslims from entering (or could, before uppity federal judges decided that they have a say in our immigration policy). Proximity is everything.

116 images that show just how cheap life is 'south of the border, down mexico way....':

Photos show death and destruction from 10 years of Mexican Drug War

By Joshua Fechter Updated 11:44 am, Friday, July 21, 2017

Millions of dollars.

Tens of thousands of people dead or missing.

And, no end in sight.

Photos available via the Associated Press and Getty Images show the violent toll Mexico's war on drugs — a seemingly ceaseless conflict between the federal government and drug lords that wage violence and saturate the international community with illegal narcotics — has taken on the country in its nearly 10-year span.

The photos — taken since then-President Felipe Calderón took office in December 2006 — show bodies lying in city streets, Mexican soldiers burning massive drug crops and a culture of death permeating the nation.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/us...621726.php&cmpid=artem#photo-8910295

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I came to this conclusion years ago confirmed by the incident of young marine inprisoned for about a year for making a wrong turn by the border in So Cal. Incidentally, Obama didn't lift a finger for him (or Otto Warmbier either).

You can find sugar sand beaches, warm weather, and five star hotels in the U.S. Most folks who go down there are woefully naive and without any situational awareness.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Preaching to the choir.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Why anyone would want to go to a drug riddled third world schit hole to vacation is beyond my understanding.

YES, this! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'll take my exotic vacations and go skiing in Utah or where ever.

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Unk
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For those that don't know. The fishing and hunting in Mexico is world class. It's cheap because of the danger involved to do it. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mesicans are just as brutal and animalistic as any rag head from the muslim countries. Its all that injun DNA in them.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Mesicans are just as brutal and animalistic as any rag head from the muslim countries. Its all that injun DNA in them.

True dat. They give even the ragheads a run for their money as far as brutality, beheading people with chainsaws and the like and the other schitt that goes on south of the border.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This happened to me.
Evidently this is nothing new. It happened to me in 1989.
I was hitting the Mazatlan beach bars with a buddy after climbing the volcanos, we both got way more drunk than normal after only a couple of drinks.
The next day we both had only flashes of memories from the night before - climbed the fire escape to the roof of the Holiday Inn, my buddy said he recalled paying off the bartender at one of the bars just to get us out of some trouble we had gotten in there (I have no recollection of that).
We woke up the next morning in our room, both wearing soaking wet clothes, tons of sand in our beds, ... motel room door wide open!
We still had all of our money, credit cards, valuables. Nothing was missing.
For a long time we thought someone had slipped us a mickey then failed to rob us but after reading this I believe it was some type of toxin in the alcohol.

The one thing I have a question about in this girls story is the .25 BAC. That's pretty high. Seems to me there is no way to boost that with stronger hooch - I think the person has to have had more than the couple of drinks reported. I do believe that booze there is more than just alcohol - quite possibly a toxin.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/2...us-death-at-mexican-resort-dad-says.html

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Best to stay home and lock the doors. Shoot anything that moves.

I recently installed razor wire around my entire property and placed a gun in a plastic bag in my shower.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I made my first trip down to Mexico in 1970. Drove across at Matamoros, drove all the way to the Yucatan, got on the ferry and went to Isla Mujeres. Lived there for 2 months.
Lots of girls from England, Germany, and America like to vacation on Isla Mujeres. I was 19, had a great time.

Went back in 1975, drove all over the country, had a great time.
Went back in 1978 and had lots of fun. Cheap place to vacation. This time, my buddy George and I drove all the way across Mexico, crossed the border into Guatemala, and went down to El Salvador, went surfing down there. Stayed down there 6 weeks.
If you think Mexico is a dirty, third world sh*t hole, you ought to see El Salvador!
It was funny, we ran into an American engineer, who had been in El Salvador building a bridge. Had been down there for 6 months.
He said to me, "It didn't work."
I said, "What didn't work?"
He said, "The cross-breed between the Spaniard and the Indian."

Two problems. It was common to run into roadblocks where Federales would search your car. We heard of Gringos getting their car confiscated, for no good reason. Also, every time I went down got dysentery.

Went back five more times in the eighties, each time flew to Cancun and rented a car. Figured if the corrupt Mex cops wanted to confiscate a car, the could go ahead, and then argue with Hertz about it.
Hung out on the beach, living in a straw hut for ten bucks a day. Good food, good beer, lots of girls in bikinis. Went 100 miles south of Cancun to a remote beach town named Tulum.
Got the G-D dysentery on each of those trips. Back then in the Cancun/Yucatan area there were no drugs around. Drug activity was up near the border.
Now, as some of the reports on this thread have stated, heavy drug activity in the Yucatan. This is the eastern tip of Mexico in the Caribbean.

So, no going back for me.

Oh, I left out, visited many Maya ruins there in the Yucatan. These really are fantastic! Damn pyramids 200 feet high made of stone blocks.
The Maya had a sophisticated solar observatory there at Chichen Itza.
Unreal, when you consider that the peak of civilization of US Indians was an arrowhead chipped from flint. I must say, visiting the Maya ruins was one of the highlights of my life.

But, no, dopers running amok now even in that area of the Maya ruins, a guarantee of dysentery, no, I am not going back.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
only comment I can muster for these times, Duh.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (Anaconda, 35, 33sixSS, 907brass, 300_savage, 7 invisible), 1,435 guests, and 956 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,412
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.