Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
this reminds me of one I saw in an ad years ago. It was a tire inflator that ran off a car engine. You pulled a spark plug and screwed it in the hole. It filled the tire from the cylinder. You probably don't need to be told what ended up inside the tire but you didn't want to be smoking when you checked the tire pressure.
I doubt they were on the market for long.

It was all fun and games until the metal ball seat came loose and the motor sucked the ball into the cylinder. Seen it.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by huntsman22
I don't understand the aversion to Slime. There is so much cactus and goatheads here, that you'd be running all 4 flats all the time without it in every tire...

Yep. Slime it for a slow leak.

Plug a big leak.

Don't waste your time at a tire shop.

Yup.

You might also make sure you don't have debris wedged in between the bead and the rim. Soap it out of a spray bottle and wait for the big bubble.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by badger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
this reminds me of one I saw in an ad years ago. It was a tire inflator that ran off a car engine. You pulled a spark plug and screwed it in the hole. It filled the tire from the cylinder. You probably don't need to be told what ended up inside the tire but you didn't want to be smoking when you checked the tire pressure.
I doubt they were on the market for long.

It was all fun and games until the metal ball seat came loose and the motor sucked the ball into the cylinder. Seen it.

Sounds a lot like when the spark plug broke and dropped the electroid and isolator into a running engine.....seen it. Not fun.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I live in NM and goat heads are the least of your worries. Mesquite thorns and sharp stobs or sticks are more likely. Berrymans is the best i have used. My 4 wheeler has a quart of berrymans in each tire. No flats. Slime is nowhere in the same category as Berrymans.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Tire sealant is the only option for us around here as we have many many thorn trees....you literally would have a flat every day...
Our local tire shop automatically puts it in atv tires when you have them mounted...

IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

140 members (1eyedmule, 44mc, 3333vl, 7887mm08, 308ld, 35, 11 invisible), 1,535 guests, and 889 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,772
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.