T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Zerk
Originally Posted by SKane

You're a youper, eh? Well, then this whole safety thing is an easy fix - simply move the bait pile further away. smile

If you hunt in the woods, it is hard to see more than 25 yards. I did some cutting last year, moved out to 100 yards. Just didn't like being so far away. I did it to give myself more freedom to move about, but like being up close.

TFF!

Last edited by tzone; 07/24/17.

Camp is where you make it.
HR IC

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

I take deer hunting serious. If you just want to flip it off, go ahead. My 700 I press on it, to quite it. With the mauser safety on the Montana, I can see how you a would want to grip it, and ease it off.

This is the first time in my life that I realized that Model 70 Winchesters and Kimber rifles apparently have a "mauser safety". Who woulda' thunk it?

Zerk, you are a true genius assembly line spewing knowledge on everything involving rifles and golf. What's next?

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Have I once said I flick? Have I said I do not know how to.operate quietly?

When buying expensive , modern, guns, they should be quite.

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
I just want to find out why you guys like doing it the hardway? Seem like you are refusing improvnent. Which allows them to sell whatever they want, without improving.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Zerk,

Were you born in Wisconsin?

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by BayouRover

I take deer hunting serious. If you just want to flip it off, go ahead. My 700 I press on it, to quite it. With the mauser safety on the Montana, I can see how you a would want to grip it, and ease it off.

This is the first time in my life that I realized that Model 70 Winchesters and Kimber rifles apparently have a "mauser safety". Who woulda' thunk it?

Zerk, you are a true genius assembly line spewing knowledge on everything involving rifles and golf. What's next?

Ahhh, you are a golfer. Now I know the problem.

Biggest problem I see, is people can't read.

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by deflave
Zerk,

Were you born in Wisconsin?

Dave

Can you read? Maybe people wouldn't be use angry if they could

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have I once said I flick? Have I said I do not know how to.operate quietly?

You have emphatically implied it numerous times above.
And the only time since joining that I've run across someone complaining about the noise of a safety is the infamous Jeff_O. Congrats, you've really hit the ground running.

How do you feel about wearing/using anything blue in color when guarding your bait pile?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Try reading it again.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Zerk sounds and acts like JellO. And their IQ's seem to be very similar.

What are the odds? Same person or Siamese twins separated at birth?

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by BayouRover

Ahhh, you are a golfer. Now I know the problem.

Biggest problem I see, is people can't read.

I simply quoted you on the mauser safety issue. Can't you read?

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
So why does it bother you that I think a safety should quite, regardless of how it is operated? But I am repeating myself, and I suspect you will do the same.

So you buy whatever blows wind up your skirt, and I will use what I want to also.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
So why does it bother you that I think a safety should quite, regardless of how it is operated? But I am repeating myself, and I suspect you will do the same.

So you buy whatever blows wind up your skirt, and I will use what I want to also.

He even seems a bit disoriented like JellO is when he hits the blunts before lunch time.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
You need to work on that.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Too funny. The guy started this thread by saying he was going to buy a Montana.

You told him his choice of cartridges was wrong, as well as his choice of rifles.

So now it's "Buy whatever you want, and so will I."

In other words, you've come full circle zerk.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
I mentioned how I read an article on this rifle. Went to see. Decided I did not want it due to safety. I have 3 other 30-06s. So not like I needed one.

Since we are not going to agree, I said get what ya like. Not all that hard to track this thread.

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
223 is still pretty low on my list of deer cartridges. Judging by the amount of them used for that, and I believe illegal in some states, it is not a outlandish opinion. Obviously will work. Yes I know deer are just as dead

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
He didn't ask your opinion on the Montana, or his choice of chamberings. That much is very easy to track.

For some.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
You are going to be busy point out to people that they offered their opinion when it was not asked in a forum.

As for the question, 223 and 22 calibers are on the low end of choices for deer. So my answer to his question was neither is what I would use. If already had the gun, and couldn't afford another, sure 223 will kill deer. It is effected by win, and requires very good shot placement, and patience for that shot.

6mm is probably what most people would say is minimum for deer. AR15s are popular, and people are using them for deer. AR10 would be better for deer hunting.

My choice on calibers, is not an alien idea. I am not the only one to express it. I realize 223s are used for deer in some states. A 243 can be loaded frm 55-105 grain bullets. My newest lyman lists 55 for 223. Probably higher somewhere.

If he is going to use it, I would suggest he get better at reloading, and choice premium bullets. Loading your own increases bullets you can use.

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I do load my own "bullets" lol. And you can get a lot more than a 55 for a .22 cal. Hell, you can get a 75gr if you want one. For 25 yard shots you could use a .22lr and be fine. But I didn't ask about those.

Please continue to show us everything you know about rifles. It's been great entertainment so far.

Last edited by tzone; 07/24/17.

Camp is where you make it.
Page 5 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

351 members (12344mag, 1lesfox, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 160user, 27 invisible), 1,822 guests, and 1,135 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,753
Posts18,495,386
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.