Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Judman
Headed down first week of October for a week, 3 days of bullfighting.... gotta be safer than the central district, or south end of Seattle....

Not necessarily. Use caution.

Ya, I've seen the filthy underbelly of Seattle.

Also been to Mexico, and won't go back. U.S. citizens are pretty much powerless there. No thank you.

Bullfights would be cool to see though!

Regards, Guy

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
It's a fishing trip... should be fun... if not my boy will have allotta $$$ and some cool stuff.... grin

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Bear in mind I work with a large % of king county murders...

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm surprised we aren't reading the results of some toxicology reports. At least from the deaths.

Politics is War by Other Means
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Can never understand why some insist on traveling to sheethole locations thinking it could be fun......

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
It is, was and always has been a chithole, if you can't drink the water, and all the beautiful young women turn into 230lb buckets of tallow by age 30, what's the point?

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Most people go so they can say they made it back. Flirting with danger.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Why anyone would want to go to a drug riddled third world schit hole to vacation is beyond my understanding.

^^^This X 1000^^^

Besides, if you wanna visit a 3rd world schitt hole, just visit east LA, Detroit, or Chitcago wink

New Orleans resents being left out.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Why anyone would want to go to a drug riddled third world schit hole to vacation is beyond my understanding.

^^^This X 1000^^^

Besides, if you wanna visit a 3rd world schitt hole, just visit east LA, Detroit, or Chitcago wink

No visa required.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
If you plan on traveling there for some reason you may want to follow some of the goings on, this site has a lot of current info

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kellory
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

^^^This X 1000^^^

No visa required.

Visitors can carry a concealed pistol to the French Quarter, so things can get sporty if an Afreakin! zombie suddenly becomes a weaponized nuisance

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Here is another story on the Mexico situation.
I am in Laredo Texas right now in the big rig. I am 2 miles from the Rio Grande.
My company sends 30 loads a day to Laredo. But we Gringos don't cross into Mexico. We drop the trailers here and Mexican drivers take them into Mexico. Then the Mexican drivers bring loads back across the river, and we take those loads up into America. Mostly I drive back and forth to South Carolina.

So our exec in charge of our Mexico fleet, Steve, has to go to Mexico all the time. He has to negotiate deals, he has to inspect the factories in Mexico etc.
Used to be, six years ago, Steve would drive down here to Laredo from S. Carolina, then drive down to Monterrey Mexico, and to Mexico City.
About 3 years ago, Steve told me that he could no longer drive down there.
The narco gangs would see the nice car with the Gringos. They might kidnap the Gringos and hold for ransom. Or, they might just force the Gringos out of the car, at the point of an AK47, then machine-gun the Americans and just steal the car. So now Steve has to fly to Mexico City.

It has gotten that much worse just in the past six years.

Also, I was in El Paso a few months ago, I was talking to a warehouse worker there, Mexican, of course. He told me that, just across the river in Juarez, he has relatives that live there.
He said that, on a Monday, four guys from the cartel, packing AKs, come by and knock on your door. They tell you that they need $100 a week for your "protection." IE, if you don 't pay, they will burn down your house.
Then, on a Thursday, four Mexican soldiers, packing M16s, will knock on your door, and want $100 a week for "protection."

The narco gangs are as bad as the cops. This guy told me that there are 11,000 abandoned houses in Juarez, the people just packed up and moved away.
Juarez is the most violent city in the Western Hemisphere. I mean, Juarez was a rough town 30 years ago, but has really deteriorated in the past 10 years.

No, I am not going back to Mexico, that is one seriously screwed up country.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My heritage is from Mexico and you couldn't pay me enough money to go there now. It is a corrupt cesspool of a nation now. The law is just as bad if not worse then the criminals. You can trust no one. I feel sorry for the poor innocent people that have to live there. Many here in America have no idea how good living here is.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by 222Rem
It's going to take more time and money than I'll likely ever find to see everything that the United States has to offer. I can't see any reason to vacation in a 3rd world country when I haven't fully explored mine..

THIS ^ ^ ^ ^ RIGHT ^ ^ ^ ^ HERE^ ^ ^ ^
yes, it did used to be a hell of a place to go and kick back and spend money, but not anymore, not for a good while.
as for me i'll just stay in this country and avoid those places where i'm not allowed to arm myself.

Last edited by Ranger99; 07/22/17.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Here is another story on the Mexico situation.
I am in Laredo Texas right now in the big rig. I am 2 miles from the Rio Grande.
My company sends 30 loads a day to Laredo. But we Gringos don't cross into Mexico. We drop the trailers here and Mexican drivers take them into Mexico. Then the Mexican drivers bring loads back across the river, and we take those loads up into America. Mostly I drive back and forth to South Carolina.

So our exec in charge of our Mexico fleet, Steve, has to go to Mexico all the time. He has to negotiate deals, he has to inspect the factories in Mexico etc.
Used to be, six years ago, Steve would drive down here to Laredo from S. Carolina, then drive down to Monterrey Mexico, and to Mexico City.
About 3 years ago, Steve told me that he could no longer drive down there.
The narco gangs would see the nice car with the Gringos. They might kidnap the Gringos and hold for ransom. Or, they might just force the Gringos out of the car, at the point of an AK47, then machine-gun the Americans and just steal the car. So now Steve has to fly to Mexico City.

It has gotten that much worse just in the past six years.

Also, I was in El Paso a few months ago, I was talking to a warehouse worker there, Mexican, of course. He told me that, just across the river in Juarez, he has relatives that live there.
He said that, on a Monday, four guys from the cartel, packing AKs, come by and knock on your door. They tell you that they need $100 a week for your "protection." IE, if you don 't pay, they will burn down your house.
Then, on a Thursday, four Mexican soldiers, packing M16s, will knock on your door, and want $100 a week for "protection."

The narco gangs are as bad as the cops. This guy told me that there are 11,000 abandoned houses in Juarez, the people just packed up and moved away.
Juarez is the most violent city in the Western Hemisphere. I mean, Juarez was a rough town 30 years ago, but has really deteriorated in the past 10 years.

No, I am not going back to Mexico, that is one seriously screwed up country.

Company I work for has 3 plants in Mexico. If a rep has to visit a plant for whatever reason they get an armed guard(s) and get driven down to Monterey or Oxomilcho. No exceptions . They do not leave their Hotel at night.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Best to stay home and lock the doors. Shoot anything that moves.

I recently installed razor wire around my entire property and placed a gun in a plastic bag in my shower.

Are your spotlights in yet?

Not yet.....the three skillion lume burn your retinas through your eye lids model is still on back order.

The IED's I ordered for the driveway showed up yesterday though.

Good plan.

What about the back? Claymores?

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I go down to Baja del sur area of Mexico every year. I rent a car, rent a house from a local and fish and dive areas along the coast away from the tourists. Absolutely beautiful areas with great fishing and diving. I feel safe food shopping at local markets. Am careful what I buy and drink down there.

Safe if you know some Spanish, use common sense and have some situational awareness. I ve travelled all over the world and Mexico for the most part is not that bad if you avoid certain areas and use common sense. I avoid the tourist areas. Most of Mexico is Certainly much safer than Baltimore philly and Chicago . I don't want to go through being a scared little poosy crazy but I enjoy traveling to countries that something different to offer. Been

Is Mexico a violent [bleep] up country? Yep but still a lot of very beautiful unspoiled areas to experience before they're gone.

Our Department of State is. Joke when it comes to American citizens who are victims of crimes when traveling abroad.

Last edited by ribka; 07/23/17.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Been lots of times throughout the years. When we were first married we used our travel benefits a couple times a month and would often take a 3 day weekend and fly to Cabo or Puerta Vallarta and usually had fun, if we didn't get sick, but nowadays you couldn't pay us to go there. When my wife has to route qual once a year she flies on the flight deck to whatever region is on her rotation. After 9/11 they suspended "jump seating" into or out of Mexico which was fine with us because we just doubled up on quick trips to Hawaii. The restrictions placed on Mexico have been eased but my wife still refuses to go there as long as options exist and luckily they do. This year, instead of Mexico we'll explore Costa Rica. I'm looking forward to that trip.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ribka
I go down to Baja del sur area of Mexico every year. I rent a car, rent a house from a local and fish and dive areas along the coast away from the tourists. Absolutely beautiful areas with great fishing and diving. I feel safe food shopping at local markets. Am careful what I buy and drink down there.

Safe if you know some Spanish, use common sense and have some situational awareness. I ve travelled all over the world and Mexico for the most part is not that bad if you avoid certain areas and use common sense. I avoid the tourist areas. Most of Mexico is Certainly much safer than Baltimore philly and Chicago . I don't want to go through being a scared little poosy crazy but I enjoy traveling to countries that something different to offer. Been

Is Mexico a violent [bleep] up country? Yep but still a lot of very beautiful unspoiled areas to experience before they're gone.

Our Department of State is. Joke when it comes to American citizens who are victims of crimes when traveling abroad.

I strongly disagree with you.

You just think you are safe if you use common sense. What about the lack of common sense or strong sense of murderous intent of those that would kill you for what's in our pockets down there? Or kidnap you to demand ransom?

You are safe until you aren't. When that moment of realization hits, it's too late to take it back.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (325wsm1, 10gaugemag, 35, 6mmbrfan, 12 invisible), 13,763 guests, and 1,106 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,229
Posts18,544,002
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.