Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Want to talk, or even brag a bit on the grandkids? Our youngest is eleven months, not far from walking, getting good at moving on all fours, and pulling himself up.
Our eldest two, twins,are heading into their seconded year of college. More in between doing well.

Care to share about your grandchildren? I'd like to hear.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
First Grandson turns one on Tuesday. Amazing how they worm their way into your heart. Walking, almost running already and trying to talk. He's a hoot.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

My oldest grandchild got married recently. His uncle and some young friends put together a groomsman and friends party with outdoor spin for him.

They picked a place on a dead end spur road in national forest small enough that no one else would come around and big enough for their events. They held five contests of shooting, including traditional bow, shotgunning clay pigeons, rifle, and most events had added factors like running 75 yards uphill before firing with a semi-auto AR. The events were set up like a “Robin Hood wins maid Marian” contest. The groom won two events and a close friend of his won two. 16 men showed up in 4x4's, mostly single young men with a few grey haired sages. After the contests they settled around a campfire and fried up elk steaks and premium bacon together in huge skillets, Dutch oven bisquits, corn on the cob in the coals, etc. Married men gave the groom advice, along with written messages to the groom sent from a few distant family elders.

I had to miss it but have talked with half a dozen of the men who went and every one, from young to old, said it was the best party they have ever been to.

Post script: At the wedding, the groom, his brother who was best man, and one other groomsman have four record book elk between the three of them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
3 lil granddaughters 9, 7, and 5 mos.

Every one completely different

Only thing they have in common is I'd kill for anyone of the three

Lordy but I love those girls

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's just cool Okanagan

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B2

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Oldest Grand daughter just graduated H.S. Has had her CNA for 2 years. Was accepted into the nursing program of all 6 colleges that she applied. Has completed enough AP classes that she is just short of starting college as a Sophomore. Goal is to be a licensed Midwife.

Second grandson just finished freshman year H.S. Placed 12th in the state for livestock judging. Just made the cut for the travel team for the summer livestock judging program. Top 4 out of that group will judge in the national livestock judging contest at the NAILE show in November. He took Supreme or Reserve Supreme in all three of his Showmanship classes at the county fair. All three of his market animals made it to the final drive for their respective classes, as well. Goal is to major in embryology. He wants to work in A.I. / E.T.

All 9 grand kids are whole and healthy, and well on their way to becoming contributing members of society. We have been greatly blessed. God is good.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

+2 ...

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Our oldest grandson has been in the Navy for about three years, been named Sailor of the Year, earned two Navy Achievement Medals and made second class petty officer last year. Number two grandson blessed us with a great-granddaughter a few months ago. We have four granddaughters, two at 18, one is 16, and the other is 7.
We also have twin boys that are six years old. And number sixteen is a little guy of three. Each and very one of them are awesome in their own way. We can't afford that many rifles so they have to share.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Have two grandsons - one turned 5 last week and the other turns 7 next month. Thay spent the night last night and Grandma and I took them to the lake and spent the day on the boat today.

W
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
W
I have 7 grandkids. 5 girls and 2 boys.
The oldest will be 12 in Oct. She loves to hunt. This will be her first year too hunt big game.
They range down from there to 5 weeks. One son has six, and the other just had the youngest.
Grandpa's are great.

If you hunt with your kids. You should not have to hunt for your kids.
IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
The 3 oldest g-kids have been accepted into a prestigous charter school (a techie type thing). They only take about 30 students a semester.
The youngest is just starting school.
The oldest is working on his project for his Eagle Scout.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Haha! No grandkids yet. Oldest is 8 and youngest is almost 2.

However, I have been written back into the will now that I helped supply my folks with grand kids.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

+2 ...

Thank you!

Some great stories of grandkids in this thread. Hope for the future! And man are they ever fun in the meantime.

One more brag: my 17 year old grandson was wearing a cool Marine Corps T-shirt which I complimented the other day. His brother told me that he got it from a Marine Corps booth at their county fair because he scored highest on their strength test. He picked his shirt from two he liked, so came back the next day and broke his previous day record so he could get the other shirt.

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Our oldest is 8 and when she was very young she spotted a cigar on the ground with its ring and asked "why would someone put a sticker on a dog poop". We have 5 total and they are wonderful...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I spent yesterday up in Jax playing with the two grand daughters. 4 1/2 years old, and 4 months old. My son and his wife are expecting in December. Might be a boy! Grandpa is the best job in the world.

Sam......

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Having Grandkids makes it all worthwhile. I have 5 Grandkids (3 boys and 2 girls) ages 9-15 who are best friends and love to spend time together. I spend as much time as I can with them. I took them fishing at Port Aransas a couple of weeks ago and they had a blast. They're all extremely smart and athletic just like their Pawpaw.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 160user, 204guy, 1badf350, 67 invisible), 2,934 guests, and 1,325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,192
Posts18,503,533
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.