Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by KFWA
have a craigslist search setup to where any Toyota 4X4 between 1992 and 2002 for less than $3000 shoots me an email when they are posted

maybe once every 2 or 3 weeks I'll get a hit of something thats worth looking at. Mostly 4runners,. Tonight I had an email waiting for me when I got home. Read the ad, sounded like the guy knew what he was talking about

1995 4x4 extended cab pickup. 160K miles, $1700. right off the bat he talks about no rust on the frame and has two pictures of the frame, then he has 22re engine in his meta-tags, so I call him up, he says its his daily driver, doesn't need anything, Its about an hour away, I tell I'm on my way, swing by the bank and grab some cash and head out

when I get there as soon as I pull in I notice the V6 badge on the front (which looking at the pictures again now that I'm back home, I notice) , then I get out. By the time I get to the truck the owner is already out there to meet me, starts selling me on it.

I crawl underneath it and the main frame beam - whatever its called - I reach up to it and it literally crumbles in my hand. Thing has rust eaten thru it everywhere.

I wanted to give him a blast of schit but you know - buyer beware, its craigslist and tearing into him wasn't going to change anything and just make my night longer.

So this night is shot. Took the cash, put it in an envelope and tucked it in the gun safe for the next waste of my time ad. I guess I just needed to vent a bit for wasting my whole night.

[Linked Image]

The diesel version of that in Australia was a SR5 in 2.8 litre, it was a terrific vehicle and well worth owning.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You just had to go there with the diesel thing.
You know we are not allowed to play with those.😂

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Hey Duck 911 you sound like a real nice guy. Im sure you have kids of your own I would have done the same thing. god bless you

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I went through the nightmare of Craigslist buying last month. I wanted a full size diesel 4x4 under 10g with an extra cab or crew. I was willing to do some work and overlook some bodywork.

I drove 2 hours to look at a cc 7.3 truck that supposedly had all kinds of extras.....to say it was a clapped out roach would be too nice. I passed. The next day I sent a message to another seller with a 97 cummins with everything that I would like and asked if it was beat, and if he will take 5500 cash to call me. I ended up buying a rust free 600hp truck with a 4700.00 reciept for a full billet transmission. I bought it. It's in the shop right now because it had a blown seal for the od. I talked to my transmission guy and he told me it would cost him over 5 grand in parts alone to build the same thing on his bench.....sometimes you win.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (arky65, afisher, Aviator, 35, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, 8 invisible), 1,457 guests, and 745 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,594
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.