Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CCCC
Norm - weather wise, in summer Q can almost like another region. Did you see any forecast detail on the higher elevation forest near Aqua Fria mtn.?

Unfortunately, Paul, The Weather Channel reports only by city or zip ode. Quemado is the closest. and higher elevations like Acoma are not listed. Is your zip code different from Quemado?

Accuweather reports Quemado rain should start in 29 minutes. "A heavy afternoon thunderstorm, with more tomorrow afternoon through tomorrow evening." Doppler radar forecasts monsoon t-storms this weekend, flash flooding and gusty winds throughout the entire area from Phoenix to east of Albuquerque, so I suspect you should get some of it.

The ex-military pilots like Seafire can probably cite websites with better details. I have not used NOAA, though long ago a friend Gray Castle, was chief lawyer there. I think most of the weather sites get data from it.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).

CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Patrick, good - thanks for confirming. If convenient and you have space, another pop-up may prove helpful for the shooting area. We probably will have some rain - and plenty of sun otherwise.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Two Pop Ups are better than one!

also, just FYI.,..

I'm not an ex military pilot.. my eye sight kept me from being one
although I passed all the other tests...

just grew up on Air Force bases, as the old man was an AF Pilot..

I've just been an aircraft nut since I was 10...

and Lord knows how many books I've read on everything under the sun about them
wars, individual types, famous pilots..

Just don't want people to think something I'm not...

although I was on flight status for two years in the Army on a Med Evac Huey Crew
as the units chief medic.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
What about Jon, Katie and the kids, Gene and any of the Ball clan?

I'm getting the food gathered. I'm guessing 35 folks... but last time I guessed that it was 54.

This week ended up being a blackout for taking days off as teachers come back and kids start next week. I told them I was going so they had no choice. Besides all the maintenance issues they have because they have deferred any major maintenance since the school opened 8 years ago and systems are failing... we were hit by lightning last week and all security was fried, the elevators and door badging is out, the landscape pump station has 1 pump out so we are struggling to water the sports fields... and all the teachers will expect personal service arranging their rooms... the HVAC tech has struggled to keep certain areas in AC. Some lighting is out, plumbing maintenance in the past was if a sink malfunctioned instead of replacing parts just turn it off... I could go on.

I have tomorrow to get my food list ready.

If I still have this job next year I won't be able to participate this late in July and earlier is betting on an early monsoon.

Kent

CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Hi Kent - From latest word from Jon, looks like it's up in the air - a slight "maybe" - for him/Katie/kids. Have not heard a peep from Paladin - will be disappointed if the above can't come.

We will have a strong estimated total number by this evening. Will PM.

Double bummer about the inherited deferred maintenance plus nasty lightning strike wipe outs. Guess such hassles come with being lead dog. Thanks for all that you are devoting for this - don't know how we would do a successful SW gathering now without you and Cheryl.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CCCC
Hi Kent - From latest word from Jon, looks like it's up in the air - a slight "maybe" - for him/Katie/kids. Have not heard a peep from Paladin - will be disappointed if the above can't come.

We will have a strong estimated total number by this evening. Will PM.

Double bummer about the inherited deferred maintenance plus nasty lightning strike wipe outs. Guess such hassles come with being lead dog. Thanks for all that you are devoting for this - don't know how we would do a successful SW gathering now without you and Cheryl.

I hope everyone shows.

If all goes well, my family will be four in all.

Norm

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Paladin,

Dave Bell is working in Nigeria right now.. he left in early June... right around the time Ivan passed..

I spoke with him when I went to Billings to see Ivan one last time...

he was buttoning up his home in Cody, for a 12 to 18 month contract in Nigeria.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just checked the weather in Quemado, NM on weatherbug.com. Looks like rain Friday - Sunday, with a 40% on Saturday and Sunday.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
All I gotta do is throw granny on the roof and will be ready to head out in the morning.

Looks like I will probably have to leave Army Joe sometime Thursday do to work stuff.

[Linked Image]

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Menu is coming together...

Friday dinner is crappie fish fry, Miles has a rib roast we will cook, various kinds of potatoes, pinto beans and coleslaw.

Saturday morning will be eggs, meats, biscuits and gravy.

lunch will be hotdogs and Darby's chili.

dinner will be mexican... dutchoven enchiladas, pork and chicken for soft tacos, beans and rice... and if things go easy I may make sopapillas.

Sunday morning will be breakfast burritos and french toast.

Kent

IC B3

CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'm gonna' stop eating today so as to be ready for all of the above.

CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Hello all - just received this message from Judy - sounds like praying time.

Ken went unresponsive today. We are at the ER. They are saying a possible stroke. And his blood sugar. We will play by ear if we go to Armijo Springs now.
Judy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
prayers sent from here, hoping for a good outcome

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
We are both home. Playing it by the seat of our pants as to what's next. Following up with his pcp this week.

Judy

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Prayers sent from TX!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My prayers added.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mine as well.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
From Cochise County, ....on the way

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Thanks fellas.

All I know is that I passed out and from what I can gather my BS level dropped to 62 after eating lunch and some ice cream for desert. ER Doc says may need to change meds,the ER nurse says drink a gallon of water everyday. Me,have no clue as to why my BS dropped so fast. Before lunch it was 115. Will see my PCP some time this week.

Please go on with the important stuff like the upcoming gathering and getting ready for it. smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good Morning Team Armijo Springs:

I had planned on leaving early this morning. My truck had been in the shop, and was supposed to have been completed last week. Well... they completed it last night, and I'm picking it up this morning, So, will try to get loaded and out the door today. Otherwise, It might be tomorrow morning before I depart.

First, continued prayers for ALL of those from our group that are battling health issues. May continued faith in His love for His children and His healing powers perform miracles in your lives. Prayer's offered for all.

Paul: I'm meeting Dennis' son Levi this morning to pick up the shooting table, target stands and frames. Will try to locate my yellow gong also. It's somewhere at Dennis' home. I have a few more targets to bring. And YES, I have some nice round 4" orange stickers for those of us that are visually challenged.

Is there anything else we may need that I can purchase here in Mesa before I depart ? I'll check back later today, or if needed call my cell. 480-720-7908

Ken: I am type II diabetic also. Not on insulin. I'm in your corner. Yes, keep up the water intake. My DR gave me this formula for water intake. Take your body weight, drink at least that number in ounces in water daily. With 1 gallon being the minimum.

Example: If you weigh 175 lbs you need to drink at least 175 ounces of water daily. 200 lbs, you need to drink 200 ounces of water daily. I know, it's A LOT ! and you'll be looking for a bush to mark your territory every 5 minutes.

Kent: Looking forward to the wonderful meals !

Brian: Will you be returning after you complete your work requirements on Thursday ?

Will miss those that are unable to attend, and looking forward to re-kindling friendship's with those that make it this year.

Jeff

Last edited by Owl; 07/25/17.

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

496 members (1OntarioJim, 1lesfox, 007FJ, 160user, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 46 invisible), 2,320 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,377
Posts18,488,498
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.