-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
it was the best out of 10 I made them cut the plastic on before I found that one... there was another that was unique but nothing like her....

GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I have a really nice AAA 308, but not as nice as your rifle.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
The Kimbers are very nice rifles.m Theyt are very much individuals, but the standard overall is quite high. I have never seen one with "sapwood". Think you are talking about the light French walnut they use, which is solid, though I don't like it as well as the darker stuff.Shooting one take technique:: you must hold it firmly back against the shoulder with the off hand, and this has to happen regardless of field or bench. After three shots at the bench, forget anything further until it cools - there is a limitation to slim barrels! I will but another when I can.

O
Otter6 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Dayem! Those are some gorgeous rifles! I didn't find any like that. I did in fact buy one today. It's just straight grained,but the fit and finish is very nice. The ones I looked at that had figure,didn't run throughout. One side or end was great,the other not so nice. I will be on the lookout from now on for one of the "wood lottery winning" stocks. There was one in 308 that was pretty darn nice,but the barrel channel was tight on the left side,and wide on the right. I handed it back.

Ill get a scope mounted and some pics up maybe tomorrow. Chores are up next. Hard getting any work done with a new rifle in the house.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by bt8897
I have one in .308 I am about to sell, there is some nice wood out there if you search for it
[Linked Image]

I really like the red pad. Beautiful rifle!

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mjduct

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Wow, that is a stunning piece of timber. The best I've ever seen on a Kimber Select.

*Master of random precision*
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I thought I had a nice Classic Select, now I'm envious of some of those posted above. Wow.

My .257 Roberts I bought used off of gunbroker. It shoots very nice with about every load tested in it.

I think (not positive) that Kimber had a run of these with higher quality of wood than their 'standard' Classic Selects. Most of them that you see are pretty blonde in the wood coloration with not a ton of grain.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

O
Otter6 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Suminabitch! I gotta find me one of those purdy ones.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
O
Otter6 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Are those medium Talleys Cheesy?

Last edited by Otter6; 07/24/17.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
257 Roberts

[Linked Image]

Life is just one damned thing after another
IC B3

O
Otter6 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
I hope Photobucket goes tits up! God I'm getting sick of these 3rd party hosting bull [bleep] things.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Otter6
Are those medium Talleys Cheesy?

They're Talley's, but not sure what they measure, assume mediums. Were with the gun when I bought it off gunbroker.

That scope is a VX-2 3-9x40 that I had as a spare when I first got the rifle. It now wears a proper 2-7x32, or is it a 2.5-8, I forget which one I put on it.

O
Otter6 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Mine is currently sitting under a VX3i 3.5 - 10. I like the darn thing. Needs a little finer duplex though. Like in the VX2 4-12X.

Last edited by Otter6; 07/25/17.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
If they have a selection ask them to pull them all out, my local brick and mortar pulled out 10 of em in 257 Roberts before I found one I liked.

And you could figure out the mountain ascent, I've got a .308 adirondack and a 338 federal montana that I chopped down to 16.75" and it weighs close to the same. They both kick but with some work they'll shoot MOA. Mountain ascent should buck a little less with more weight out front and overall weight being equal. I think the larger bores do ok with shorter barrels. I wouldn't shoot a creedmoor or .243 out of a barrel that short.

I wish the shop I bought mine in 257 Roberts had more of a selection. At the time I was satisfied with the wood on my rifle, but after seeing photos of others on this site and on the internet in general I realize now that mine is simply plain jane walnut - nothing fancy at all. But I love the way the rifle shoots and handles.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
the wood on my 257bob doesn't suck too hard =]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That is beautiful

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

161 members (2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 450yukon, 1_deuce, 45_100, 26 invisible), 2,120 guests, and 1,030 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,704
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.