Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
erich Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
This past winter I imported a set of skeet barrels for my BRNO combo gun. What a trial being an unlicenced importer it took me three months of wrangling with the ATF to get an import permit. But in the end I didn't lose my temper and finally got the import permit. I started the import process in January, and finally got the barrels last month and they fit perfect.

Last weekend I shot in a DU benifit Sporting Clays shoot, I had a great time I drug out a old Win 101, it turned 51 years old this summer and was able to break a bunch of clays, I missed 14 out of 16 birds on the first two stations but ended up with 58 out of a hundred. I only shoot SC once or twice a year.

I hadn't fired the BRNO with the skeet barrels yet and had a few birds left on my card so I shot it on the first two stations I did so miserably on and broke 13 of the 16. After the festivities were over I took it down to the trap field and it posted a respectable 20 of 25 shooting my light 7/8 oz loads. I'm liking this set of barrels.

[Linked Image]

In the 1960's the Russians built what is called a TULA choke and cleaned our clocks at the Olympic, from what I've been told it was inspired by the Cutts Compensators the Americans had been using in past Olympics

[Linked Image]

I've been hunting a few years with this rig and it looks like it is going to be my go to travel rig 22 Savage Highpower(5.6x52R)/12ga and now the skeet barrels, should be great for justabout everything including waterfowl over decoys.

[Linked Image]

This past season my longest shot on coyotes with this gun was 180 yards and the shortest was 6 feet with the rifle barrel. I rolled it with the shotgun barrel at 30 yards and it charged straight at me.

Last edited by erich; 07/28/17.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks like fun !! They are made to shoot. Bob

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Always impressed by your guns and adventures.

I am still trying to figure out how to make brass for my 9.3x72 Sauer though.

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Eric,

Do you still shoot that sweet little drilling in 16/16/5.6X52R? I covet that gun. wink

Those BRNO combo guns are super strong and accurate. The shot barrels add a new dimension to the gun. Rates a two-cool.

cool cool

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

erich Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I do but it is a 6.5x58R Sauer, I wish it were a 6.5x52R or 5.6x52R

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I still want it. whistle whistle

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
They are good guns, and very stout, though a bit on the hefty side. Still and all though, they are very versatile, especially in view of the ability to swap barrel sets without needing a gunsmith. Here's a few pics of mine, with 7x57R/12 and 12/12 field set:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dan_oz
They are good guns, and very stout, though a bit on the hefty side. Still and all though, they are very versatile, especially in view of the ability to swap barrel sets without needing a gunsmith. Here's a few pics of mine, with 7x57R/12 and 12/12 field set:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

cool

That set will keep you hunting anything but the very biggest critters. wink

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

88 members (Amos63, 7mm_Loco, 338Rules, 6MMWASP, 11 invisible), 1,493 guests, and 854 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,083
Posts18,501,668
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.