Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I think I'll get in the truck later and go to In/out burgers. Their hamburgers are for the money as good as fast food gets. They just do hamburgers/cheese burgers and fries or onion rings. And, they do it fast.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
The joint 4 miles down the road does a good, greasy spoon burger. $40 for four of us is more than I want to spend every night. Add another $10 if the daughter's boyfriend is around. I don't like eating pizza every night either but...my kid is eating a piece from last night right now.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

[Linked Image]

Surely this thing has jalapenos on it? A must, if not.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Part of MAGA!!

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I'd take it either way. And the other one too, from 458 Lott's post above. Not sure if the burger de Jalapeños revolution has hit the great white north yet?

Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

[Linked Image]

Surely this thing has jalapenos on it? A must, if not.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think Tommy's has taken over the reigns of top burger in Anchorage from Arctic Roadrunner.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I about fell off my chair when I got the bill at Red Robin the other day for lunch with my son. Couple of burgers, couple of beers, $40. What? WHAT!

Ok, someone explain to me how I can buy a 3 pound rotissery chicken at Costco for $5, but getting half that much across the street at Kentucky fried or Popeyes costs about $12.50?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
You are in luck these days.
Burger King has 2 whoppers for 6.00 and if you order on line for pick up you can get a large pizza from the hut for less than 9 bucks.

Of course the large pizza of today is not as large as the one from years ago.

Taco bell opened in a town about 20 miles from my home,haven't had the urge to go there for some tacos or other stuff.

The best burger back when i was in school was at A&W with a float.
The burger i get at micky d's these days is the one of the artiest burgers they came out with not long ago.
A place in Biloxi on Lee street had the best cheseburgers and fries for about 3 bucks and a another place called Jiffy-Jacks had some good eats as well.
Jiffy got took out after one of those raid/wind storms that come in from the south.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
fast food has went through the roof. $10 is the normal. the key is to use coupons, use the dollar menu and buy your drink elsewhere. as for pizza hut, ever since i did a back kitchen tour with scouts i haven't wanted it. the "dough" comes stacked in a plastic bag like paper plates and everything is prepackaged. you might as well go to the grocery store and buy a freezer pizza.

eating out sucks in general. either you pay big bucks and get a decent meal, or you spend less and get schit for food. i miss the little diners they used to have everywhere. none around here anymore that i know of.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Home made venison burgers are about the most expensive thing going for me. I'm probably 1000 a lb for that. Total cost considered smile

Fast food wise - KFC's 5 dollar box meals are a good deal. I try not to eat much fast food, VERY rarely eat any chains like Chili's and the like. I prefer little bar/grill places.

One of the places here I used to get 4/5 chicken strips, a mountain of fries and a coke for 7.25 - Not bad considering they taste 1000x better than some warmed up burger at McD.

Me

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fat Boys, Morrison Illinois... An honest lean 1/2 lb burger for $4.50. Fries are $1.50 extra.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
When I was young, and dinosaurs roamed the Earth, Saturday night was when the stores were open in town. At 9:00, the flat-bed from the Lane Moore Lumber Yard would pull into the main intersection and folks would gather around. There would be a drawing of names (taken from the phone book) pulled from a rotating drum of wood and hardware cloth (whoinhell ever named that?). One drawing would be for a larger cash prize - I think that it started at $10. If that person was not present, $5 would be added to the prize. This would go on each week until someone was present to claim it. The second drawing was for $5 and names were drawn until someone was present to claim it. Following the drawing, I would wander down to Earl Nelson's furniture store to find Dad in conversation with a group of men. We would then retire to the Southside Cafe, where they would have coffee and I would get a 25-cent hamburger that came in a basket with potato chips. This was a bit long-winded to get to the hamburger, but it made me feel good to go back and relive it. Thank you for your indulgence.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Dutch
I about fell off my chair when I got the bill at Red Robin the other day for lunch with my son. Couple of burgers, couple of beers, $40. What? WHAT!

Ok, someone explain to me how I can buy a 3 pound rotissery chicken at Costco for $5, but getting half that much across the street at Kentucky fried or Popeyes costs about $12.50?

Costco sells a lot of food items at a loss, especially in the food courts. They have not changed the rotisserie chicken price in years. The CEO or one of the other bigwigs has been known to say to the stockholders something like "We could have made more money but we kept the rotisserie chicken at $4.99." The cheap food gets people into the store to buy other items.

Here at RR, for a $40 tab, you'd be lucky to get 2x $10.99 burgers and two $5 micro beers. That'd get you at $35.20 after tax, not exactly sure how drinks are taxed in bars these days- don't drink outside my place much anymore- just too damn expensive.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Got three large pizzas at Pizza Hut last night. $26 mol. These weren't cheese pizzas, they were specialties...2 Super Supremes and a Meatlover's. It would have cost $40-50 to feed the crew at Taco Bell or Sonic!

Late 80's early 90's a medium specialty pizza at the Hut was $12-14. Drinks were a good bit cheaper
than now, about $1.50.

90's, Burger meal in truckstop was $6-7 dollars and Burger King would put Whoppers on sale for $1.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Little Italian joint near us has it goin on to eat cheap. You can get a large carry out spaghetti with a loaf of italian bread for $12. It'll feed 3 easily with leftovers.

Yesterday we had some kids and grandkids here. we went with the family spaghetti. Fed 7 with leftovers for $20 and change. And very good food.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
And I'll add that growing up in a small town in NW Illinois (graduated high school in 2003) I could get an extra large, extra sauce, easy on the cheese, sausage with Canadian bacon pizza delivered for $7.61. My co-worker/best friend at the pool we worked at ordered it so often all I had to do was call Joe's Pizza and tell them it was me and to deliver the usual to Read Park Pool at 5pm. For years after I moved away when my sisters and family would call Joe's they'd ask if "the usual" needed to go to the pool @ 5.

FWIW, it's $11.69 delivered for the same order as of January. And it's still just as good, just as big.

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
The point is, the roles have somehow reversed.

All the $15.00 per hour jobs are at Mickey D's. wink

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Private, not a chain, but go to the Farmington Steak House in Farmington, Mn. and you can get a burger basket with fries for $3.50. Get a decent steak dinner iwth a baked spud and salad for less than $9.00.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by johnw
Little Italian joint near us has it goin on to eat cheap. You can get a large carry out spaghetti with a loaf of italian bread for $12. It'll feed 3 easily with leftovers.

Yesterday we had some kids and grandkids here. we went with the family spaghetti. Fed 7 with leftovers for $20 and change. And very good food.

I hear that. Don't you love small towns?

I'm from Freeport. Every time I fly to see my parents (they pick me up from the O'Hare or in Rockford) I find myself grabbing a pizza coming into town.

Come to think of it, one of my dad's clients owns a bar in Freeport. They have a $5.99 1/2lb burger and fries deal. On Tuesdays it's $1.99 special. And it's a good burger.

There's a bar out here in Bellevue called The Goose where you can still get a 1/3lb burger with fixins and side of your choice (seasoned fries, waffle fries, onion rings, tater tots) for under $8 before tax. You never leave broke or hungry.

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My Dad was born in 1925, he used to tell about Grandma giving him a quarter for lunch on his way to High School. Said he would go to town and get 2 cheeseburgers and a milk shake for the quarter. Lots of things change.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (boatboy, Blueeagle, 35, Boarmaster123, blackhawk44, 8 invisible), 1,209 guests, and 925 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,237
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.