Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 23 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 22 23
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by Zerk
Coming from someone who chose smoke pole for a name, I do believe you enjoy horse dicks. Liberals slowly get their way, like boiling a frog. Soon enough it will be mainstream, so hang in there big fella.

You are an ignorant fugk.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^This X2

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
HR IC

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by mathman
Depends on the shooter. 223 will be more effected by windage than 300 grain bullet. That is the problem with such light bullets. Looking at the target, one would assume the non painted dings are from the last shooter.

But I am not hunting in some field.

People hunt in different locations. This seems hard to fathom for some.

But the 45-70 with black powder slaughered all kinds of buffalo at long ranges. They were shooting it at a mile.

Wind drift is determined by velocity and ballistic coefficient, not weight.

It is all a factor. But a 55 gain bullet is more effected than 100 grain. Why I chose 243.

Not only is there drop, but you have lateral movement to account for. I got to think you really know this, and are just being a troll. Why? I dunno.

Last edited by Zerk; 08/08/17.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I like tacos.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Depends on the shooter. 223 will be more effected by windage than 300 grain bullet. That is the problem with such light bullets. Looking at the target, one would assume the non painted dings are from the last shooter.

But the 45-70 with black powder slaughered all kinds of buffalo at long ranges. They were shooting it at a mile.

It is all a factor. But a 55 gain bullet is more effected than 100 grain. Why I chose 243.

Not only is there drop, but you have lateral movement to account for. I got to think you really know this, and are just being a troll. Why? I dunno.

Nope. Two bullets having the same BC and MV will experience the same wind drift, regardless of weight.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by tzone
You lost him at wind.

He broke the wind. And just keeps on breakin'

Like I said before though, I think he's really deflave pulling our legs. Because no one is that stupid, except on purpose.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Nope. Two bullets having the same BC and MV will experience the same wind drift, regardless of weight.

Mathman: You have to take into account "It is all a factor and he is not hunting in some field." Which obviously changes the physics of wind drift. Well in some minds. Not all, but some.

Up close, the .223 should be even more effective, However, maybe he has to buck brush and is looking for an additional edge. This is all so clear when he explains it.

Last edited by battue; 08/08/17.

laissez les bons temps rouler
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by smokepole
You lost him at wind.

Like I said before though, I think he's really deflave pulling our legs. Because no one is that stupid, except on purpose.

zerk is the wind,nothing but hot air.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
You lost him at wind.

Is it harder to hit the target if one is breakin' wind and is it a factor if you are not in a field?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Perhaps a question for Chuck Hawks if beyond the scope of knowledgeable fire members?

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Ran a balusters calculator, and have to admit I was wrong. At 250 yards, looking at 223 , 45'70, 243. 4570 at 10 mph drifted 13, 223 9, 243, 5.

Still a matter of know your dope. 243 did better, which is why I decided on it over 223.

IC B3

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by battue

Mathman: You have to take into account "It is all a factor and he is not hunting in some field." Which obviously changes the physics of wind drift. Well in some minds. Not all, but some.

Up close, the .223 should be even more effective, However, maybe he has to buck brush and is looking for an additional edge. This is all so clear when he explains it.

223 would be more effective up close??????
Would you rather get got with 22 at 1100 fps, or 38special at 800?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by battue
You lost him at wind.

Is it harder to hit the target if one is breakin' wind and is it a factor if you are not in a field?

Yes, definitely a question for Chuck Hawks, he is the acknowledged expert on broken wind.

In my experience though, it's not harder to hit the target when the shooter breaks wind. But it is when the spotter breaks wind. Depending on the wind direction, of course. An the bullet weight, it's all a factor. Unless you're in some field.

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Where I hunt wind drift, or drop is nor a factor. Choose the gun for the area.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
One of the members of my deer camp was a 45-70 user because it would really knock them down as he said. I don't remember the reason, but something prompted him to try a 7mm-08. Now it's the best thing ever, with fewer well hit deer moving very far after the shot.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Where I hunt wind drift, or drop is nor a factor.

No doubt, a good thing.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
One of the members of my deer camp was a 45-70 user because it would really knock them down as he said. I don't remember the reason, but something prompted him to try a 7mm-08. Now it's the best thing ever, with fewer well hit deer moving very far after the shot.

Sounds like the guy we ran into, years ago, sitting on the tailgate of his truck drinking coffee, gazing up at the mountainside. Said he'd had good luck there in the past, shot a doe last year at 350. WIth his open-sighted lever action .35 Remington.

Of course, he was shooting heavy bullets, and everybody knows heavy bullets buck the wind better.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by ZerkUp close, the .223 should be even more effective, However, maybe he has to buck brush and is looking for an additional edge. This is all so clear when he explains it.
[/quote

223 would be more effective up close??????
Would you rather get got with 22 at 1100 fps, or 38special at 800?

Yes, It would be more effective up close where you hunt vs out in a field where you don't hunt. If only obviously, since I could care less about a .45-70 for Deer hunting. Now run, run, run and we will catch you again. This is so much fun.

But to answer your question. Neither.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Zerk, isn't your mother ever at home to tell you to quit googling stupid stuff, to get off the computer, and to mow the lawn?

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
I never said you have to hunt with 45-70. I just like to buy guns and try different things. Since I know a few people using, I thought I would give it a shot. I don't know anyone, other than Internet hunting with some thing smaller than 6mm for deer.

I am.not making long shots. I like hunting up close.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I never said you have to hunt with 45-70. I just like to buy guns and try different things. Since I know a few people using, I thought I would give it a shot. I don't know anyone, other than Internet hunting with some smaller than 6mm.

Considering your level of stupid, that's not a compelling argument.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 18 of 23 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (1badf350, 160user, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 60 invisible), 2,275 guests, and 1,178 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,005
Posts18,500,074
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.