Low loading 17 Hornet.

Relatively new to reloading, I've been frustrated at the lack of data for the 17 Hornet so I thought I'd pass on where I've got to so far. I love my hornet with full loads but I've been trying to develop a quiet load for the night time bunnies. The only powder I have at the moment is LilGun and I've been using 9 grains behind a 17grain Vmax bullet to good effect. I only chronoed one round and that came out at 3623fps.For the quiet loads I've been dropping .2 of a grain each time I go out and last night I tried 7.8 and 7.6. Ever mindful of bullets getting stuck in the barrel and not having a clue what to expect my buddy brought along an Aluminium plate so we would hear it hit and know it came out of the barrel. I was amazed at the result and now I know I'm a long way short of where I want to be.
Rifle is a CZ 527 in 17 Hornet with a 1;9 in a 24 inch barrel with a Hardy Gen v moderator.
Distance is 100yds. Two shots with 7.8 gr and two with 7.6 gr. The rest were 9gr from further back.
The dimples that didn't make it through were Velociters fired from my buddys 22lr.
Last edited by toxo; 08/13/17.