-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It would be a shame to loose any of the folks that frequent this savage forum . have you ever watch star trek.. the borg ? Well we are a collective and if anyone leaves us , knowledge will leave to .. I' m sorry see anyone leave . there's still new people coming along now and again. I've been coming here for years now I've gotten to know some of you and others I know of . I'll keep checking out this forum... in hopes of learning more new stuff .

Good day Gentlemen
Paul

Gotta love them 303's
GB1

G
gnoahhh Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Gentlemen, I thank you from the bottom of my .22HP barrel! I despise inequity, and though it pains me to be a member of a site that revels in that more and more (NOT this forum), I see that I was erroneous in my decision. I had no idea that my words carried such weight. I feel humbled in y'alls presence.

Let's strive to keep this little jewel of a forum alive. We have a good thing going, and I apologize if I threw a damp towel on things.

If you guys were here right now I would open the fridge and offer beers all around. (As long as the three bottles of Shiner Bock in there lasted. grin )

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Few, you had me worried. If you moved on to another mountain, who would I sit next to at Barley and Hops? I was showing signs of with drawl, hope you don't mind, I snuck a Shiners out of your trunk before you left :D, Joe.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Gentlemen, I thank you from the bottom of my .22HP barrel! I despise inequity, and though it pains me to be a member of a site that revels in that more and more (NOT this forum), I see that I was erroneous in my decision. I had no idea that my words carried such weight. I feel humbled in y'alls presence.

Let's strive to keep this little jewel of a forum alive. We have a good thing going, and I apologize if I threw a damp towel on things.

If you guys were here right now I would open the fridge and offer beers all around. (As long as the three bottles of Shiner Bock in there lasted. grin )

Now you're talking sense.

Gary, WELCOME BACK!

LOL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Gary, Since I never look at any of the other forums, I wondered what in the heck you were talking about in your first post. I didn't know these other forums were like this. I don't think what the others are saying is any reason to leave this forum. David

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't read any of the other Forums but have been hearing of what's posted on some of them. We have been pretty lucky so far in having few problems on the Savage Collectors Forum. We do have one thing that the other Forums don't. As a moderator (I think I'm the only Forum moderator) I have the ability to edit or delete what is posted on the Savage site. I use the option sparingly but I have used it.

I think we have a great group here and should be able to keep it that way. If you see something posted on the Savage Collectors Forum that is out of line let me know. I don't want to see any of you leave. You are all like family. And, we still have things to learn!

Savage...never say "never".
Rick...

Join the NRA...together we stand, divided we fall!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gnoahhh

Glad you're sticking around Gary. It wouldn't be the same without ya.

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed-unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by JoeMartin
Few, you had me worried. If you moved on to another mountain, who would I sit next to at Barley and Hops? I was showing signs of with drawl, hope you don't mind, I snuck a Shiners out of your trunk before you left :D, Joe.

Geez, Joe. I woulda given them all to ya!! I haven't touched a one since I've been home. (I simply don't drink when home alone.)

As an aside, Joe is a great traveling companion. He never once commented on my farts during the four hours each way.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
+1

"GARY, you're one of the last reasons I'm still here! You're an absolute hoot to read, seem to be a hell of an individual, and I enjoy your posts VERY MUCH. Guys like you make the forum interesting and informative."

Some days it feels like the world is getting smaller and there are less places to find refuge from the insanity. This Savage forum has been and still is one of those relatively safe places in the storm. Lately, I have been going downstairs to visit the gun-safes more often to check out the Savages arms that remain. These guns are still great handmade hunting artifacts from another age. I hold a great many memories of meeting some of you folk at the first two Savagefests, and learning how ignorant I am in the world of guns and collecting.

Whenever a new jewel falls into my hands I know this is a great place to post and learn more about said firearm, whatever the maker.

Thanks to all of you who contribute to making this a special place on the web.

Cheers.

Last edited by olgrouser; 08/16/17.

"Rhetoric is no substitute for reality." -Thomas Sowell
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Had the opportunity and privilege to meet Gary for the first time last Saturday. It would be a terrible loss to all of us...

I'm sure Gary will rethink his position and think of all the great people he has met as a result of his participation here and all the great people he will not have the opportunity to meet in the future if he just gives up and throws in the towel.

You are not a loser until you give up hope.

Right Gary?

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I Just Wish we could reverse ignore as in prevent the trolls from viewing.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I still lurk here. Prety Much the only place that I do. For the reasons that others have stated. Thank you Gary. +1 to you and every other post/poster on this thead thus far.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yay Gary is staying!! I have had the pleasure of meeting Gary twice now. He is one hell of a guy. Thanks for sharing all your knowledge and stories with us. Looking forward to our next meet. Hang in there buddy.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Gary,

This is a quote from a conversation you and I had some years ago:

"I don't go around trying to be funny, it's just that as I get older I see the absurdity of taking life too seriously. I guess a little humor dropped here and there greases the skids of everyone's life."

Remember?

Doug

An armed society is a polite society.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Don't go guys. I've never posted here before but I often lurk here to get away from the insanity being posted on the other forums. Won't you please stay.

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Without knowledable collectors like gnoahhh and Calhoun, how are new collectors like me going to learn anything? Posts from those two members and others are what makes these boards great.

No reason to be down. Idiot have been and always will be....around. Technology has just made it easier to identify them.

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Rakkasan
Gary,

This is a quote from a conversation you and I had some years ago:

"I don't go around trying to be funny, it's just that as I get older I see the absurdity of taking life too seriously. I guess a little humor dropped here and there greases the skids of everyone's life."

Remember?

Doug

I do remember that, Doug. Thank you for reminding me. Sometimes the black dog of despair nips a little too close at my heels, and I need to be reminded of who I am. So I turn and kick that dark beast right the hell in the chops and get on with being who I am.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
gnohhh,

So many great people have left the campfire, you should not be one of them.

Doc

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My pleasure Gary. Thanks for sticking around a little longer.

Doug

An armed society is a polite society.
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
We have never met. You have, however added answers to some of my questions here, the only site at this campfire that even look at, and you are certainly one of the many 'EXPERTS" that look to in any topic I peruse. I came to this site strictly for information regarding Savage 99 rifles. I get it here, nowhere else because you guys have the answers and I respect that. I don't post much because I don't know much about these fine rifles, but I do enjoy the talks here and I learn a lot. This is a great bunch of people and I enjoy coming here and relaxing while reading about my favorite long guns.

"we have met the enemy and it is us," said Pogo
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 1234, 12344mag, 16gage, 10Glocks, 52 invisible), 2,701 guests, and 1,355 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,459
Posts18,471,217
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.