Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Raeford

I know, I know: 'they were told....'

He's saying a lot more than that. He may not be as dumb or as lazy as people are assuming.

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
where is a good suicide bomber when you need one

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Risk of injuries" it would be unfortunate if an officer had been hurt, but it is their job.
The vandals? I think that when they ate asphalt, some injuries would be a given.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
16bore Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
If I'm reading 'flave right, the bigger the hole the idiots dig, the more of them you can fit in it....

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
"Risk of injuries" it would be unfortunate if an officer had been hurt, but it is their job.
The vandals? I think that when they ate asphalt, some injuries would be a given.

Yes it is their job. And when they're assaulted performing their duty the person that assaulted them should be charged and prosecuted accordingly.

But since that's not what happened, I'd guess the sheriff of this county decided to demonstrate the flip side of that coin.

If they want him to be proactive, great. Back him up.

If they want him to be reactive, great. This is what you get.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Just wonder what the liberal left and the Afro Antifa and BLM people would be reacting to
if someone tore down a Statue of Martin Luther King for instance...

Well them tearing down statues of Southern Civil War Soldiers or Southern Generals,
is about the same thing to many folks who have roots in the south...

and people like me, I'd have the same issues if they were tearing down statues to
Union Soldier Memorials or Statues of Northern Generals from the Civil War...

This whole endeavor just like Charlottesville is Communist Globalists, getting unemployed clueless
20 somethings to do their duty work for them....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Late to the party...

NPR reporter this morning finished his story talking about how state laws prevented taking down the Durham civil war memorials so "the people", quote, "took matters into their own hands". So, National Public Radio essentially applauds what they deem vigilante actions, which are nothing more than modern day book burnings and no different than radical Muslims destroying statues that "offend" them.

Be sure to tell your representatives to take away every [bleep] cent of their funding WE provide...

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Thegman
Late to the party...

NPR reporter this morning finished his story talking about how state laws prevented taking down the Durham civil war memorials so "the people", quote, "took matters into their own hands". So, National Public Radio essentially applauds what they deem vigilante actions, which are nothing more than modern day book burnings and no different than radical Muslims destroying statues that "offend" them.

Be sure to tell your representatives to take away every [bleep] cent of their funding WE provide...

Why wait for any legal process, when you are protected to the point where the law doesn't apply to you? Just do what you want to, and to hell with the law. Anarchy. Pure and simple. The entities that are supposed to be enforcing the law to prevent this, are standing down. Either that changes, or we lose. Somebody better step up, and the job won't be pretty, or popular.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by jorgeI
A criminal investigation has been launched..

That will likely go nowhere.

They were just exercising their constitutional rights, don'tchaknow.

What a distortion of reality.

MM

DURHAM, N.C.—Sheriff’s deputies have begun arresting protesters who tore down a monument to Confederate veterans in front of the old Durham County courthouse Monday night.

Taqiyah Thompson, who climbed a ladder and put a rope around the statue before a crowd tugged it off its base, was arrested by deputies around 4:45 p.m., immediately following a press conference at North Carolina Central University, in which she had defended her actions and others demanded amnesty for all involved. A spokesperson for the sheriff’s office confirmed that deputies had begun executing warrants, but she did not immediately know how many.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
They need to arrest those demanding amnesty too... wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
The CSA troops fought well and nobly -- even if it was for the wrong reasons, it was still honorable.

I don't know why you think they were fighting for the wrong reasons. They had the right to secede in the first place, and they were fighting off the Yankee hordes that were attempting to punish them for having done so. Their reasons for fighting were right to them, over a 150 years ago, and that's all that matters. You are right about one thing, it was honorable, as they fought and almost won against all odds. God bless them for having done so.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE
Taqiyah Thompson, who climbed a ladder and put a rope around the statue before a crowd tugged it off its base.

Too bad the statue didn't fall on her.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JamesJr
The CSA troops fought well and nobly -- even if it was for the wrong reasons, it was still honorable.

I don't know why you think they were fighting for the wrong reasons. They had the right to secede in the first place, and they were fighting off the Yankee hordes that were attempting to punish them for having done so. Their reasons for fighting were right to them, over a 150 years ago, and that's all that matters. You are right about one thing, it was honorable, as they fought and almost won against all odds. God bless them for having done so.

James, you'll go mute trying to convince people that some of the Confederate soldiers were fighting simply because they were defending their sovereignty, irrespective of the slavery issue.

Of course, labeling all confederate soldiers as racist slavers lends credence to the ISIS-like removal of our history.

Hell, the power brokers don't want to eliminate all the signs of "hatred" associated with slavery. They want to remove any knowledge that folks actually got fed up and fought to leave an oppressive federal government.

And they're still using black people to accomplish it...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Change the past to change the future.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE

James, you'll go mute trying to convince people that some of the Confederate soldiers were fighting simply because they were defending their sovereignty, irrespective of the slavery issue.

Of course, labeling all confederate soldiers as racist slavers lends credence to the ISIS-like removal of our history.

Hell, the power brokers don't want to eliminate all the signs of "hatred" associated with slavery. They want to remove any knowledge that folks actually got fed up and fought to leave an oppressive federal government.

And they're still using black people to accomplish it...

You're probably right, as I've took part in posts on here before when that was argued back and forth. But, you are right in saying that it's not about slavery, but about the fact that a group of people had the balls to stand up to an oppressive federal government. If one will take the time to research and read about the events leading up to the War Of Southern Secession, they will see just how oppressive the government had been acting towards the South......and it had nothing to do with the Negroes being enslaved, as their were slaves being held in the North as well. Just as the feds wanted too much power then, they also do today.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
You're probably right, as I've took part in posts on here before when that was argued back and forth. But, you are right in saying that it's not about slavery, but about the fact that a group of people had the balls to stand up to an oppressive federal government. If one will take the time to research and read about the events leading up to the War Of Southern Secession, they will see just how oppressive the government had been acting towards the South......and it had nothing to do with the Negroes being enslaved, as their were slaves being held in the North as well. Just as the feds wanted too much power then, they also do today.

That is exactly what their goal is.

Misinformation so that they can rewrite history.

Has anyone thought about the fact that these monuments have stood for a century or more without invoking hatred and violence, and then all of a sudden there's an all out attack on them?

Communist manifesto BS.

It's not about the statues or the war Between the States. It's about overthrowing our country.

Killin' time is nigh upon us.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
SADDAM statues, you bet, he's a war criminal. Soldier statues? The CSA troops fought well and nobly -- even if it was for the wrong reasons, it was still honorable. Those punks should all be busted, jailed and made to work off restitution.

See, there's the kind of stupid that is causing this shiet. Congrats?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by moosemike
This is getting asinine. Nikki Haley got this ball rolling. I hate that Trump gave her a post.

This is a true statement, the worst part is the removal of the flag by the SCHPD , wouldn't allow the SOCV to take down the flag. Insult to injury, later they took down the flagpole.
Nikki was promised a national position by the RNC if she got the flag down. Had the issue been put to a vote it would not have happened, that is the reason she called the legislators back to special session to vote and made it clear how to vote or else.
We are in for a long hard run with this ongoing mess that has been created.

CO School of Trades, Gunsmithing, '76
Clemson University '74
Go Tigers
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Had to drive to town yesterday to pick up wifey' Rx's. Thought I'd run by the courthouse and see just what was the state of affairs of our monument. Being I have a direct connection as my GG Grandfather was an officer in the unit mustered into service here. I found this;

[Linked Image]

Fellow setting out in the 102 degree heat with not the hated battle flag, but the Last National. No obvious tattoos, no hate t-shirt. Told him thanks and appreciated his determination and my connection to that monument. Just an everyday local guy who was fed up.

Last edited by kaywoodie; 08/16/17.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks to you and him.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (204guy, 06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 222ND, 160user, 49 invisible), 13,294 guests, and 1,009 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,128
Posts18,542,363
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.