Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
The states voluntarily joined the United States and voluntarily chose to break their bonds with a despotic FedGov. All else is rubbish.

The Civil War was about the government failing to protect individual rights. Equal rights.
Secession is not protection against establishing a government to prevent the abolishment of slavery. The key issue in the right to secession is not separating oneself from a government that prevents the “self-determination” of “peoples,” but separating oneself from a government that fails in its purpose: the protection of individual rights.

All else is rubbish.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by nealglen37
Toward the end of the war this is how hypocritical the confederacy became. It asked blacks to fight and die for them, but still didn't make them free.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/confederacy-approves-black-soldiers

Arm slaves and it is over. No going back.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by nealglen37
Toward the end of the war this is how hypocritical the confederacy became. It asked blacks to fight and die for them, but still didn't make them free.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/confederacy-approves-black-soldiers

And they were free, welcome, wanted, and treated as equals in opportunity with white northerners in the north? Talk about hypocrisy.

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Is anyone offended by the term "Yankee?" I know Southerners use it perjoratively but really, Yankee?

That's just silly.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Seafire
Without the back biting...

In reading a little on the subject here being discussed...

I thought it was kinda interesting and you NEVER hear about this one...

But the place that southern cotton was sold to market was in NYC...

At the time of the Civil War, and Ft Sumpter... I found something that was about NYC.

Cotton was such an important commodity for the City, the Mayor actually petitioned the State
of New York to Secede from both the State of NY and the Union.... setting itself up as an independent
neutral city...

Lets also not forget about the riots and insurrection among the Irish when the Union started
drafting people to serve in the Union Army...

another thing I was reading, in the 1700s, After Charleston SC, who was tied into the West Indies
slave trade....and also had the largest slave population in the Nation...

the place that was Number 2, WAS NYC....which made NY State the second largest slave holding
state at the time.

I guess that is another thing that seems to escape revisionist history, and today's modern BLM
and Antifa wanting to destroy any representation of history of what really happened...

guess one can overlook owning slaves if it was North of the Mason Dixon...

and lets not also forget Maryland was a slave holding southern state as well...

It's a Jewish Conspiracy

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
http://teachingamericanhistory.org/library/document/cornerstone-speech/
For you Southerners who claim the Civil War wasn't about slavery, how can you justify your stance in light of his words?
The particular motivation may have been slavery, but the issue is the right of association and therefore the state's right to secede.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
What if they'd have been fighting for the right to rape small children? Would we allow statues then?

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
What if they'd have been fighting for the right to rape small children? Would we allow statues then?

P

That's a nice StrawMan and a Chicken [bleep] Argument.

The Legal Precedent for Slavery goes back to a Black Slave Owner.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Johnson_(colonist)

http://www.snopes.com/facts-about-slavery/

Funny there's no talk of Black and other Minority Slave Owners. BLM and the SPLC leave that out.

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What a Yankee actually was was a New Englander or a New Yorker. Pennsylvania only got lumped in after we fought with the Union. But when PA fought Connecticut it was called the "Yankee-Pennamite Wars". We weren't Yankees and no one else outside of NY and New England were either. When the Army of Northern Virginia invaded Pennsylvania Robert E. Lee gave strict orders to not loot and to treat the citizenry respectfully because PA was a hotbed foe Confederate sympathizers and plenty of southern Pennsylvanians fought for the Confederacy.

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Ain't talking about legality. I'm talking about right and wrong. And civilized right and wrong, in case you want to hit me with the "every culture did it" argument. We don't practice human sacrifice, either, despite the fact that every culture did it.

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC B3

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 1234, 65 invisible), 2,833 guests, and 1,155 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,315
Posts18,487,290
Members73,968
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.