Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
I'm talking about Kent State dumb ass. Something you clearly know nothing about even though you referenced it.

I know exactly what you were talking about.. and I know what I'm talking aboutl.

I was a Senior in High School in 1970... and I had friends from my High School
in Virginia that attended Kent State... to include attending it in 1970....

Was from 15 miles down the road from the Jefferson Memorial...

Lived thru a lot of the protests against the Vietnam War....especially living in Metro DC..

The clowns were just like the Antifa people of today...rioting and tearing up stuff..

they weren't innocent at all... planning on blowing up things..

you think the SDS and the Weathermen weren't there...like other riots?

and yeah does the Guard need to be called out? Hell yeah.

it took the 503rd MP Battalion from Ft Bragg to take down Resurrection City in DC in 68..

War protests and riots were a common thing..

so yeah, I believe in the military being out there.... because that was the only solution that worked on the problem

and do I cry for those that were taken down at Kent State....

didn't then and don't now...

if you were around it, then you would either know different, or you were out there protesting, smoking dope
and pissing on your country... you must be an older version of Jeff O.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Masterlock Pro Series "Wigsplitter".

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I think this stuff looks like Vietnam era "protests", because its the same gang orchestrating it. Obama's shadow government, counseled by Ayers, influenced by Alinsky. It struck me how similar these riots are to anti war stuff, in the 1960's.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
This is the lock, about like a hammer (all solid steel) used by the Antifa Bike Lock Attacker. He wielded it like a war hammer and bashed multiple peaceful protesters over the head with it, suddenly darting out from behind others, striking, then pulling back into the Antifa crowd and disappearing, leaving his victims with severe head trauma. Luckily he was eventually caught, even though the cops preferred to ignore it since his victims were disfavored by their bosses. Only lots of pressure on them to take action got him arrested and charged. I hope he's not let off easy. His attacks were no less than multiple instances of attempted murder.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Story
Nuthin' that a well-placed 9mm round wouldn't cure..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Seafire
As Sam Said, Here's a Solution that worked in 1970....

maybe Antifa and BLM need to be presented with that solution to their Gripes...

They should be dispatched to guard Statues these idiots want to tear down...

maybe they need to be guarding the local Cracker Barrels also... whistle

Yep......you're still an idiot.....just like anybody else that thinks that what happened at Kent state was a good thing....

Shoot em in the nuts with paint ball/rubber bullets....hell ya.....but the US military opening fire on unarmed protesters that haven't harmed anyone??????

PS....they were protesting the war in Viet Nam......read up on it and get back to me.
The criminal cowards shot more kids walking to class than protesters. Any mention of Kent State as a "solution" instantly sends me over the edge.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B2

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
A couple of things about Kent State. First of all the local cops couldn't handle it, or wouldn't. Just like the Rodney King Riots. You can argue that the National Guard Troops were not trained for this and I would agree. But, Politically Correct Training and policies led to the US Military being called in to handle the Rodney King Riots. You know, things like not allowing the National Guard Troops to load more than two rounds into their rifles and spare magazines......
I met some National Guard Troops during the Rodney King Riot. They were refusing to answer their phones...... Didn't want to be convicted of "civil rights" violations by an emotional jury that didn't think they acted "reasonably." Anybody remember the so called People's Park Riots in Berkeley in the late 60's ? I met some who were charged with civil rights violations. That in spite of the fact that it was spelled out in Kalifornia's Penal Code that law enforcement was authorized to use deadly force to stop a riot. E

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mr. Clanton is probably safer in jail.

In the late 1800s, early 1900s, cities broke out the belt feds to manage riots.

Last edited by BarryC; 08/25/17.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Boise
I believe it is reasonable to agree with someone who felt their life was in danger when attacked with such a lock. And the application of lethal force to prevent such attack would be appropriate in my opinion.

That's pretty tough to do when you're lying on your back bleeding from your ears.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

You don't support a solution, then you are part of the problem.

We are part of the problem if we don't support the military killing protesters? Your mindset is actually part of the problem. If he's not for you he's the enemy? I don't agree with 1/2 the schit you say, that doesn't mean I want you dead!

You're a very angry person that should probably get help for it. Not post about murdering someone over the internet. By doing that, you are proving what he said. Still an idiot.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tzone
You don't support a solution, then you are part of the problem.

We are part of the problem if we don't support the military killing protesters? Your mindset is actually part of the problem. If he's not for you he's the enemy? I don't agree with 1/2 the schit you say, that doesn't mean I want you dead!

You're a very angry person that should probably get help for it. Not post about murdering someone over the internet. By doing that, you are proving what he said. Still an idiot.

Apparently I am angry also. The students were throwing bricks at the National Guardsmen. Even a hit to the chest with a brick can be quite dangerous. I applaud their action and wish for more of it today.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Seafire, you are such a phoney, uh phuney, uh....such a funny guy stoked with anger when someone doesn't agree with your dialogue.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by RickyD
As Sam Said, Here's a Solution that worked in 1970....

maybe Antifa and BLM need to be presented with that solution to their Gripes...

They should be dispatched to guard Statues these idiots want to tear down...

maybe they need to be guarding the local Cracker Barrels also... whistle

Yep......you're still an idiot.....just like anybody else that thinks that what happened at Kent state was a good thing....

Shoot em in the nuts with paint ball/rubber bullets....hell ya.....but the US military opening fire on unarmed protesters that haven't harmed anyone??????

PS....they were protesting the war in Viet Nam......read up on it and get back to me.
The criminal cowards shot more kids walking to class than protesters. Any mention of Kent State as a "solution" instantly sends me over the edge.

Both of you best check our facts. By the time the shooting started, the "peaceful" protesters had already burned down one building, and a number of the National Guard Soldiers were being treated for woulds from the 'peaceful' protesters.

You can believe whatever you want o believe, and spout whatever bull$[bleep] you want, but the facts are the "peaceful" protesters drew blood first.

And the National Guard Soldiers are not US Military, you idiots. The Guard is NOT the US military. At least get the simple stuff right.....

They were scared kids, too.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General John Stark.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by David_Walter

And the National Guard Soldiers are not US Military, you idiots. The Guard is NOT the US military. At least get the simple stuff right.....

"The National Guard is a joint activity of the United States Department of Defense (DoD) composed of reserve components of the United States Army and the United States Air Force: the Army National Guard of the United States[2] and the Air National Guard of the United States respectively.[2]"

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Nice try, but wrong.

The National Guard (Air and Army) are agencies of the State or Territory where they reside, and their Commander in Chief is the Governor, or in the case of DC, the President.

They are paid for largely by federal dollars, but are also paid by State dollars.

When federalized, they act in the same capacity as other federal troops, which is the reason the federal government pays for training and equipment so the integration is seamless.

The "Reserve Component" part speaks to we all have federally-recognized and approved commissions in the Reserve for when we are federalized. For the enlisted, the process is different, but their ranks are federally recognized, as well.

The troops at Kent State were called up by the Governor, not the feds, so they were in State Active Duty status, paid for by the State of Ohio, not the feds. So they were not federal troops in any manner.

There is a distinction between the Guard and the Reserve and the Active components, and another distinction between State Active Duty and Title 32, where the Guard is paid by federal dollars. The distinctions are not trivial, and the Counsel of Governors sues the President regularly over issues of state sovereignty relative to the Guard, and other matters.

Your "facts" are incorrect.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General John Stark.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T

Both of you best check our facts. By the time the shooting started, the "peaceful" protesters had already burned down one building, and a number of the National Guard Soldiers were being treated for woulds from the 'peaceful' protesters.

You can believe whatever you want o believe, and spout whatever bull$[bleep] you want, but the facts are the "peaceful" protesters drew blood first.

They were scared kids, too.

That's the way I'd always understood it, i.e., that the protesters were hurling rocks and bricks (which are deadly weapons), to which the NG responded with lethal force, and that you can't believe the MSM reporting of it, i.e., that victims were flower children who just wanted to put daisies in the muzzles of the National Guardsmen's rifles.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice try, but wrong.

Usually those who defend the Left use "facts" like the media uses statistics. They make them up at the time of use.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Nice try, but wrong.

The National Guard (Air and Army) are agencies of the State or Territory where they reside, and their Commander in Chief is the Governor, or in the case of DC, the President.

They are paid for largely by federal dollars, but are also paid by State dollars.

When federalized, they act in the same capacity as other federal troops, which is the reason the federal government pays for training and equipment so the integration is seamless.

The troops at Kent State were called up by the Governor, not the feds, so they were in State Active Duty status, paid for by the State of Ohio, not the feds. So they were not federal troops in any manner.

There is a distinction between the Guard and the Reserve and the Active components, and another distinction between State Active Duty and Title 32, where the Guard is paid by federal dollars. The distinctions are not trivial, and the Counsel of Governors sues the President regularly over issues of state sovereignty relative to the Guard, and other matters.

Thank your for straightening it out. Why do they get a military retirement and benefits? Or Veteran status?

Last edited by tzone; 08/25/17.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
So I post a Crosby Stills and Nash song from Youtube...

and some of you guys pull out of it as advocating just mowing these AntiFarts down...

do you see me say Kill them?

I can tell ya this.. those of us that served took an oath...

and these people are tearing our communities and nation apart.. which is evidently is okay with some of you
if it isn't your neighborhood...well eventually it will be if these clowns aren't stopped...

those of us that took an oath, knew it meant we put ourselves on the line...
to include Guard members and reservists..

if these antifart clowns and BLM clowns know they are putting their asses on the line to go out and pull
this crap, I'd bet their numbers would drop 90%....or more...

They are snowflakes... if they can't hit you from behind and run like hell, to avoid repercussions, they won't
pull that crap...

My state can pull out and activate N.G. right now to help fight forest fires.. but they don't want to do so
when these people are busy trying to burn businesses, cars, buses etc.. in Downtown Potland.

and if thinking that I advocate standing up to these idiots with force makes one an idiot.... then it is some of
you YoYos that are the idiots....

and if I am "angry " these people are tearing down our neighborhoods, people's homes, businesses, cars
burning, looting.. while our cops are ordered to stand down by liberal democRATs politicians etc....

then I am guilty as charged.. I give a schitt about my nation.. maybe some of you closet case Antifa Supporters
ought to try caring about our nation and society as we know it also...but then, that would require making a stand
and putting in an effort...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Ringman
Nice try, but wrong.

Usually those who defend the Left use "facts" like the media uses statistics. They make them up at the time of use.

Carpool with seafire.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by BayouRover
Seafire, you are such a phoney, uh phuney, uh....such a funny guy stoked with anger when someone doesn't agree with your dialogue.

Your posts are kinda of Mind over Matter.....

I don't mind, as you don't matter...

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 72 invisible), 2,292 guests, and 1,147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,673
Posts18,513,195
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.