Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 33 of 36 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 36
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
The gas stations here,in Wyo, are already price gouging. Diesel went up .20 per gallon yesterday.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by jaguartx

We will be out in 1 more hour. Elon refinery in Big Springs broke. Can you believe that? Coast refinerys are down so ours goes down. Supposedly on line soon. They are awaiting a part. Now, if you had a refinery that could go down from one broken part.....

...I'd have two on hand.

Power grid is even more vulnerable. Some of the transformers take months to build, and there are no spares for them.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Tornado's are popping up around us now from Harvey.

Don't you live next to a river? Did you get a bunch of rain?

Rain here don't matter much.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Colonial Pipeline, which serves the East Coast is now shut down.

NC has already declared a state of emergency. eek

I doubt a .20 increase is considered gouging. Especially, if that's a statewide increase.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
It would be telling to see who cusses and curses the oil industry, and who hopes they recover quickly.

Within about a week or two I think we'll see just how important Texas and that coastal area really are to the well being of a nation.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
You won't ever hear me cuss oil.

Unless it gets in the river/creeks then I'd be pissed...

But pretty much every thing we do requires fuel.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SamOlson
You won't ever hear me cuss oil.

Unless it gets in the river/creeks then I'd be pissed...

But pretty much every thing we do requires fuel.

Naw, it takes the EPA itself to really screw up a river. And I don't recall ANY charges being filed either....
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...gallons-of-contaminated-water-into-river

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by kellory
https://medium.com/@Cernovich/mike-cernovich-white-house-report-trump-83e6d97258aa

Trump is donating a million of his personal cash, to help flood victims.

(Don't know why that link didn't work. Phone access here is very jumpy as well)

That proves it beyond a shadow of a doubt President Trump is a Racist

Sarcasm intended
I wanted to be the first 1 to say it.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

We will be out in 1 more hour. Elon refinery in Big Springs broke. Can you believe that? Coast refinerys are down so ours goes down. Supposedly on line soon. They are awaiting a part. Now, if you had a refinery that could go down from one broken part.....

...I'd have two on hand.

Prezactly.

Now, i hear the refinery east of here is ok and people are lined up at stations due to mass hysteria.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I just got back from running errands in town. One of those errands was picking up fuel for my tractor and UTV and the lawn mowers.

It was a non-stop stream of vehicles, filling up vehicle tanks and filling cans, both gas and diesel.

At my usual rate, I'm good for a month or so on the equipment.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
there is no shortage, tx has over 200 million barrels of gas not crude in reserve, the problem is people panicking and buying it up faster than it can be trucked in.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
This^^^^

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stxhunter
there is no shortage, tx has over 200 million barrels of gas not crude in reserve, the problem is people panicking and buying it up faster than it can be trucked in.

Preezactley Roger!!!

Idiots here are in a full blown panic buying mode. 7/11 and Allsups here raised their prices this afternoon to .30 to .40 cents per gallon higher! Every station here is lined up at evry pump by at least 7 or 8 cars per pump. Even already had idiots during it out at our local HEB gas pumps. IDIOTS mad

Last edited by chlinstructor; 08/31/17.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Power grid is even more vulnerable. Some of the transformers take months to build, and there are no spares for them. [/quote]

At my work we coat paper for use in transformers. We got a big boost in orders this week.
Sadly ironic, but we benefit from these things. Many actually do.
It is always a topic at work, at these times, and it makes most of us feel kind of guilty.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

...I'd have two on hand.

Prezactly.

Now, i hear the refinery east of here is ok and people are lined up at stations due to mass hysteria.

Well that's why I asked cause I'm heading to the central part of NM tomorrow. About 600 miles or so one way.
One station out here got a load and they were lined up down the street.
Think I'll try the trip anyway. Gas in Post ( hope) then on west.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Yep. I headed for the range this AM and gassed up as normal as ever being at 1/4 tank. On my return home I thought, "[bleep] is school getting out early" as Bulverde was fully choked. I headed down 41 towards my house and hit 3351 to find another zoo at the Valero there. Once home and on the news, well yep.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
At one of the stripes in town(the largest)they had all but 3 pumps go down around 4 or so.
With the refineries down south out of action and the one in Big Spring down they have started a stampede at the pumps.

At 6 o'clock when i was in town all of the stations have long lines around the pump islands.

Sometimes folks are stupid.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EdM

Yep. I headed for the range this AM and gassed up as normal as ever being at 1/4 tank. On my return home I thought, "[bleep] is school getting out early" as Bulverde was fully choked. I headed down 41 towards my house and hit 3351 to find another zoo at the Valero there. Once home and on the news, well yep.

That's the stupidest damn thing I ever heard.

WTF do people in SA and Dallas need to run fill up everything, including the thermos for?

It's a good thing they don't give an IQ test for oxygen consumption.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by EdM

That's the stupidest damn thing I ever heard.

WTF do people in SA and Dallas need to run fill up everything, including the thermos for?

It's a good thing they don't give an IQ test for oxygen consumption.

Ahh we are going on a trip! So we need a full tank to start, then another in Sweetwater or Post, maybe another in Roswell. That's the reason people are wanting full tanks to start a trip.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I'm impressed with how well the refineries handled the storm, a big kudos to them. 👍 I sure hope they get online soon and I'm sure they do too.

Btw...I paid 2.66 today up .10c from last week but we have incredibly high gas taxes so that skews the number.

Last edited by AcesNeights; 08/31/17.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 33 of 36 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 36

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

259 members (257_X_50, 10ring1, 1_deuce, 12savage, 264mag, 204guy, 32 invisible), 2,295 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,501
Posts18,490,489
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.