Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Yeah ,Tyson was the greatest. That's why Holyfield whipped his azz. Holyfield wouldn't have stood a chance against Ali in his prime.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Yeah ,Tyson was the greatest. That's why Holyfield whipped his azz. Holyfield wouldn't have stood a chance against Ali in his prime.

This is true.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Ali was definitely a far better Boxer than Tyson. Tyson really wasn't a Boxer at all. He'd just wade into an opponent and slam him in the head with either hand so explosively that it didn't matter whether they had their guard up or not.

Ali was a Heavyweight that could hit like a heavyweight and move like a welterweight. Still,...I don't think Ali could beat Tyson.

Tyson would stalk around in front of him with his glove on each side of his face for a while while Ali jabbed at him,...and then Tyson would have suddenly ran straight to him and rang his bell.

Tyson was just brute strength coupled with the ability to throw an extremely fast, accurate, punch. Frazier was much like that in a sense. But Frazier was always bobbing and looking for his opening.

Tyson was strong enough to just walk straight into an opponent and create an opening.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You guys would enjoy this game, it shows the results of mythical battles. No need of "my favorite would beat your favorite", these results are based on sound and proven algorithms.

Or maybe you could write the producers of Deadliest Warrior with suggestions for fights that never happened and never will.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Ray Lenard.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I think Tyson's skill as a fighter is overshadowed by his power. The man could move.

A couple good videos:

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Tyson- one of the angriest boxers I have ever seen ..had they fought in the same era would have crushed Ali
Foreman- Joe Frazier fight was frightening
Duran- gave everything he had

Ali was a waaay better boxer than Tyson and would have handed him his azz. I remember watching an interview years ago where they asked
Frazier, Foreman, Norton and Spinks who was the hardest hiitter they ever fought and their unanimous answer. was Ali. Foreman said he just couldn't believe how hard he hit the first time he fought him. Said he wasn't expecting that kind of power from Ali but it felt like he had a brick in his glove every time he landed a solid punch..

Hardest hitter LMFAO .

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Yeah, Sugar Ray was a fabulous boxer too. Of course he copied his style from the greatest heavyweight of all time.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Rocky, not Balboa.

μολὼν λαβέ
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Ali's "rope'a'dope routine would have played right into Tyson't hands. Tyson would have busted Ali in the gut with a right, then, when Ali dropped his left, Tyson would put a smokin' right uppercut behind Ali's elbow and rung his bell.

That quick double right,..hook to the gut then uppercut to the chin was Tyson's trademark. Nobody knew how to defend against it. If they let him git 'em stationary against the ropes, it was coming,....and very few people could get over it. He would have broken Ali of that rope'a'dope routine real quick.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

Tyson- one of the angriest boxers I have ever seen ..had they fought in the same era would have crushed Ali

Ali was a waaay better boxer than Tyson and would have handed him his azz. I remember watching an interview years ago where they asked
Frazier, Foreman, Norton and Spinks who was the hardest hiitter they ever fought and their unanimous answer. was Ali. Foreman said he just couldn't believe how hard he hit the first time he fought him. Said he wasn't expecting that kind of power from Ali but it felt like he had a brick in his glove every time he landed a solid punch..

Hardest hitter LMFAO .

I'm sure you know more about it than Frazier and Foreman. LMFAO.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Ali was definitely a far better Boxer than Tyson. Tyson really wasn't a Boxer at all. He'd just wade into an opponent and slam him in the head with either hand so explosively that it didn't matter whether they had their guard up or not.

Ali was a Heavyweight that could hit like a heavyweight and move like a welterweight. Still,...I don't think Ali could beat Tyson.

Tyson would stalk around in front of him with his glove on each side of his face for a while while Ali jabbed at him,...and then Tyson would have suddenly ran straight to him and rang his bell.

Tyson was just brute strength coupled with the ability to throw an extremely fast, accurate, punch. Frazier was much like that in a sense. But Frazier was always bobbing and looking for his opening.

Tyson was strong enough to just walk straight into an opponent and create an opening.

The force of his punch started in his little toes and worked their way up, wrecking ball punch just unbelievable force. Once Cus D'Amato died Tyson went to pieces .

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Easily Porsche's air cooled flat six.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Hardest hitter LMFAO .

I'm sure you know more about it than Frazier and Foreman. LMFAO.

Yea I believe anything you say, your credibility is above board.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Ali was no dummy. He wold have studied Tyson'r tactics/style carefully ahead of time and been well capable and prepared to defend against it. Of course that's assuming Tyson would have been a contender at the time, which is assuming alot as I don't think Tyson could have made it past Frazier or Foreman either.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Joe could whip ALL their asses on his worst day!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
You can search for opinions on punching power from hundreds of experts and none and I mean none will rank Ali at the top.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

The force of his punch started in his little toes and worked their way up, wrecking ball punch just unbelievable force. Once Cus D'Amato died Tyson went to pieces .

Tyson didn't care about being a boxer. He just wanted to please Cus,...and boxing was they way he did that.

After Cus died he had no reason to continue boxing because he had nobody else that he could please by boxing.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
You can search for opinions on punching power from hundreds of experts and none and I mean none will rank Ali at the top.

Well Foreman and Frazier and Spinks and Norton must all have been lying to Cosell that night I suppose. Dumbazz.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter

Tyson won his first title in "86", Holyfield 1 was in "96",,,,well into Mike's downfall/problems. I'm a big fan of Evander, but he would never have beaten a 20 year old Tyson in his prime. After Cus's death and coke became Mike's friend, it was a matter of time that he spiraled out of control...as so many great athletes have done in the past, too much money/fame at a young age without a solid foundation/support.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

501 members (1badf350, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1234, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 55 invisible), 2,399 guests, and 1,192 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,017
Posts18,500,387
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.