Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Tracks Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Tuned to watch the Denver/Charges game. Watched the first series and turned it off
Every damn one (with maybe one exception) of the black payers showed disrespect during the national anthem
The singer sucked anyway.
Where the Hell they found the announcers I can only wonder.
Somehow I expected better, Think I'll find a good book to read.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I thought the singer was awesome. Great voice and senior in High School. Impressive. The announcers though -- horrible --

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Tracks Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
I thought the singer was awesome. Great voice and senior in High School. Impressive. The announcers though -- horrible --

She should have kept it simple, she was reaching for notes that turned into screams.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I thought she sung the Anthem very well. The indignant black players should relocate to a country that will treat them better.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Don, she's suppose to be the hot new ticket for ESPN. They ran a special on her last week. She's quite the rising star according to the documentary. To me, the press box is no place for a female announcer. Now I'm not one of those guys that thinks they should stay in the kitchen but as an announcer...it's just not good business. powdr

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

^^^This^^^

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Tracks Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by powdr
Don, she's suppose to be the hot new ticket for ESPN. They ran a special on her last week. She's quite the rising star according to the documentary. To me, the press box is no place for a female announcer. Now I'm not one of those guys that thinks they should stay in the kitchen but as an announcer...it's just not good business. powdr

Sure they would tell us how great she is, they need to sell her to the masses.
My ears tell me she's terrible and I've never liked any of the Ryan's
Good to hear from you, been wondering if you had left us.
BTW, I didn't care for Romo as a announcer yesterday, He needs to learn to modulate his voice better, comes off as flat and hard to understand.

Last edited by Tracks; 09/11/17.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Yeah, it seems like they offer every semi-popular ex-player a contract as soon as they retire. Surely they're smart enough to know not everybody is cut out for a booth job. Some just can't hack it. If I'm going to have to listen to a female announcer, then I'm not going to watch them over paid jerks. powdr

Last edited by powdr; 09/11/17.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The announcers are horrible.... Even the sideline guy should go back to covering junior high games. For awhile I thought something was wrong with the sound/volume on my TV, but nah, they just suck.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Lonny
The announcers are horrible.... Even the sideline guy should go back to covering junior high games. For awhile I thought something was wrong with the sound/volume on my TV, but nah, they just suck.

That kid that's the Sideline announcer looks like he's 13. And has that deer in the headlights look like he's never even seen a friggin football field.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I thought the high school girl did a great job on the anthem.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Tracks Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Maybe the ESPN budget only allowed $400 for the game, coffee and donuts for the crew comes out of that.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tracks
Maybe the ESPN budget only allowed $400 for the game, coffee and donuts for the crew comes out of that.

I was wondering that too, with ESPN losing viewers like crazy, maybe bringing the C-squad announcers is a way to save some bucks?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Surely they give her some sort of Midol allowance.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

She should have kept it simple, she was reaching for notes that turned into screams.

Well if that's the worst that happened to you today your doing pretty well.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just turned it off, can't take a chick announcing football.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O

+1

Ted
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

So she was channeling David Lee Roth? smile

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

A
A
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

So she was channeling David Lee Roth? smile

A
A
More like Geddy Lee

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

522 members (257Bob, 12344mag, 260Remguy, 25classic, 2500HD, 222Sako, 59 invisible), 2,641 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,294
Posts18,486,965
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.