Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Irma is now just a toad-strangler rainstorm, but millions of people have been displaced or are without power.

This thread is for our Campfire friends to check back in whenever they can to let us know they are okay. The rest of us care about you.

Please keep the extraneous chatter to a minimum. This is just a "I survived" thread.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jorge is good but no power. Lots of water his way

Wind and rain here now. Lost power👎

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In poor taste right now but it came to mind.

Bogart in Key Largo

[video:youtube]https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGVUvwjx11S4CFEePN8MT6qZKbRrEFCU1[/video][video:youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLGVUvwjx11S4CFEePN8MT6qZKbRrEFCU1&v=gB5V1CLbGwM[/video]

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm good to go in Gainesville. Not going back to Miami for awhile

Sam......

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks, Sam. Thoughts with Jorge being nearly on the St Johns. That North-flowing river with the surge from the northeast could get really ugly.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Seems to have passed here in Cobb County, Georgia. Some impressive winds earlier but just some rain now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In the dark since 7:02 this morning but all quiet in Savannah and under curfew.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Still here. If you look at the track history you will see Irma came knocking on my door here in Citrus County, then fell apart. Next time I tell someone "I fart in you're general direction.", they should take cover.

I am learning the ways of the Grand Poobah.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anybody heard from T Lee?

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
My parents house in Stone Mountain, GA had a tree fall on it from the wind. When they were trying to put up tarps and catch some rain in buckets, another fell on the roof and collapsed the roof on my youngest brother. He's out of a CAT scan on head, neck, abdomen and is supposed to be sore for a long time, but nothing major.
Mother Nature ain't no joke. Glad he's ok, hope everyone else is as well!

Keep Smiling
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Power has been out here since 8pm last night. Lots of rain and wind but no damage. Getting ready for work now, but will wait for daylight before heading out. I have a feeling there may be a few detours due to fallen trees. Gonna take the chainsaw with me.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JonS
collapsed the roof on my youngest brother. He's out of a CAT scan on head, neck, abdomen and is supposed to be sore for a long time, but nothing major.
Mother Nature ain't no joke. Glad he's ok, hope everyone else is as well!

Glad little bro is O.K. Your going to have to teach that boy to dodge trees.......

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Made it through this pain in the ass storm ok, just lost a couple of fence panels (since repaired) and the yard is trashed. The most irritating thing (hey, I'm a sailor so I have to BITCH about something) is, we made it through the WHOLE storm with power, then in the morning after the storm had all but passed. We lost power. One street over in my neighborhood has it back but we don't. We have two small generators running to keep essentials on, but still, this Florida living SUCKS even more. If I'm forced to live here, I'm putting in one of those full deal generators. Rant over.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Nothing but rain and heavy wind here , a few trees down, 33,000 with out power in our county ,but we are very lucky. I rode out Hugo ,and all the others to the SC coast for 65 yrs. so I know how Fl feels.

CO School of Trades, Gunsmithing, '76
Clemson University '74
Go Tigers
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Power was out Sunday night through late morning Monday. Do damage. No flooding.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I live between Athens and Gainesville. We lost power several times but on in a few minutes, no phone service. Lots of people in my area out of power. Around 4-7 last night got some pretty strong rotational winds no damage to the house. Got to check fences after the last of the rain blows through this morning. I'm going to be 56 in two weeks, don't ever remember this much effects from a hurricane.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We got a good bit of wind and some rain but didn't lose power. That was a surprise because usually all it takes is to say storm out loud and the power goes off. No damage to my house and really didn't lose any limbs.

My beach house bottom floor got flooded for the third year in a row. The storm surge got it again. I had moved stuff upstairs, raised it up a couple of feet or wrapped it in a tarp so most of the furniture and stuff should be good. The walls will have to be torn out and dried out again, but I have that down to a science now and it shouldn't take very long.

I am very lucky with the small amount of damage and can't imagine the feeling of loss that many are going through at this time. My thoughts and prayers go out to them as they try to put their lives back together.

Harry
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I'm here in one piece, and amazingly never lost power, although a lot of friends have. I am stunned at the amount of flooding here in Coastal Georgia that the storm was able to cause considering the amount of land and the distance between us and the center of it, and the relative weakness of it by the time it got to us. The storm surge was more than Matthew last year which gave us much more of a direct hit and was I believe a category 1 when it smacked us instead of a tropical storm.

Thanks for asking.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
P
Luckily in Tallahassee it was kind enough to turn and go 70 miles east of us after degrading

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All good here. Will need to check the roof later. Trees down all over town. So sorry to read about that getting JonS family. Best wishes to them and all others affected.
Lost power for about 6-7 hours, but back on now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 219DW, 1234, 54 invisible), 2,509 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,201
Posts18,485,216
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.