Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I need an oil change in my chain saw how many cords of wood between changes ya think..

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
.....$12.30 per quart x 7 quarts is $86.10, plus the filter at about $17.00 from the local AMSOIL distributor, plus $22.00 to do the oil change where I go. About 134.00 total every 15K vs $40 to $50 each time every 5K.........Cost wise, it is almost a wash.

Oil w/filter changes now at every 15K miles.

..............Hosed uh?....Really?.....So what are the cost differences between anyone that spends roughly $40-50 every 5K for an oil change vs $134 every 15k?....Holy Mary Mother of Christ! U obviously think only about up front costs vs longer term over a period of time.....Hosed? Lol.😁

Is Amsoil really THAT much better than Mobil 1 synthetic? I'm skeptical.
..........................I delved into doing a little research on not only the Amsoil site (tons of reviews) but on you tube as well. Have a bud whom suggested that I try some.....Apparently the Amsoil Signature series (their best), when compared to Mobil 1, Royal Purple and all other top line full synthetics, exceed them and all others in categories of hot and cold testing and friction testing....Has something to do with the way it is made......Thought I'd give it a try.....Receiving a one mpg increase and noticed that my truck's Hemi engine is not only quieter but became a little bit more zippy as well.....Do your own research as I did.

You didn't know, really didn't know that Amsoil is a pyrimid scheme?

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In 1970 my brother bought a plain Hillman for $200 and drove it for 40,000 miles without changing the oil. He was adding quart once a month.

At that time I had a flashy $450 MGA and put Pennzoil racing oil in it and changed the filter every 2,000 miles. I got 45,000 miles out of it before it was destroyed in a collision with a drunk driver.

In the end it did not make any difference, but we lead the kind of lives we wanted.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I used to change at 3,000 miles but switched to 5,000 miles.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by GeoW
.....$12.30 per quart x 7 quarts is $86.10, plus the filter at about $17.00 from the local AMSOIL distributor, plus $22.00 to do the oil change where I go. About 134.00 total every 15K vs $40 to $50 each time every 5K.........Cost wise, it is almost a wash.

..............Hosed uh?....Really?.....So what are the cost differences between anyone that spends roughly $40-50 every 5K for an oil change vs $134 every 15k?....Holy Mary Mother of Christ! U obviously think only about up front costs vs longer term over a period of time.....Hosed? Lol.😁

..........................I delved into doing a little research on not only the Amsoil site (tons of reviews) but on you tube as well. Have a bud whom suggested that I try some.....Apparently the Amsoil Signature series (their best), when compared to Mobil 1, Royal Purple and all other top line full synthetics, exceed them and all others in categories of hot and cold testing and friction testing....Has something to do with the way it is made......Thought I'd give it a try.....Receiving a one mpg increase and noticed that my truck's Hemi engine is not only quieter but became a little bit more zippy as well.....Do your own research as I did.

.......................And how is Amsoil a pyramid scheme? Are they doing anything illegal? You offered no explanation......All I do is buy the stuff from a local distributor just like anyone who would buy anything walking into their local auto parts store.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

.......................And how is Amsoil a pyramid scheme? Are they doing anything illegal? You offered no explanation......All I do is buy the stuff from a local distributor just like anyone who would buy anything walking into their local auto parts store.

Pretty much the answer that I expected from the Lazarus Man.. 👀 If you researched the stuff as you say you did you would see. As in all pyrimid schemes, something has to be sold, good or bad so maybe it is good stuff. Some say it's rebottled Walmart SynTec, IDK.
I understand Amway has some pretty good soap powder, not real sure cause I'm not a part of any scheme.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

V
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
V
"You didn't know, really didn't know that Amsoil is a pyrimid scheme?"

I'm sure that everyone who uses Amsoil is aware that it's a pyramid scheme but it's pretty well run it's course. There can only be so many dealers. I use it in everything I own. You can pay $25 a year for a "Preferred Customer" account and it is MUCH cheaper. I order mine from dealer in Dallas and get it the next day. My neighbor uses Royal Purple and it is very expensive.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
.......................GeoW......................Ask a legit question and what do I read? A response of complete idiocy. Perhaps you could be more efficient with some TRUE sources of alleged so-called pyramid schemes by Amsoil in the way they market their products? Maybe site some past court cases alleging any ill-legality (SCHEMES) on their part???......And how about a legit lab source from you rather than some say heresay regarding that it is nothing more than rebottled Walmart SynTec??

How about that GeoW? C'mon now. Work on that!..................Because you won't be able to produce anything, I will look forward to your next reply of stupidity.

And even if it were a pyramid type of marketing operation? SO WHAT!............Specify any illegalities please.

You won't do that either.

V
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
V
.......................GeoW......................Ask a legit question and what do I read? A response of complete idiocy. Perhaps you could be more efficient with some TRUE sources of alleged so-called pyramid schemes by Amsoil in the way they market their products? Maybe site some past court cases alleging any ill-legality (SCHEMES) on their part???......And how about a legit lab source from you rather than some say heresay regarding that it is nothing more than rebottled Walmart SynTec??

How about that GeoW? C'mon now. Work on that!..................Because you won't be able to produce anything, I will look forward to your next reply of stupidity.

And even if it were a pyramid type of marketing operation? SO WHAT!............Specify any illegalities please.

Do you know what a pyramid scheme is?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sykotik

Lawnmowers, chainsaw, snowblower, 4-wheeler......Well, they had oil in them when I got them.....They still do as far as I know.

that made me laugh

I have a 11 year old Toro with a Kohler engine. Change the oil once a year and grease whatever fitting is has on pulleys and drives.

Never had a thing go wrong with it yet except for a spring rusting.

Quads/Motorcycle, etc., are all once a year with conventional because of the internal clutches and what not

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by KFWA

Lawnmowers, chainsaw, snowblower, 4-wheeler......Well, they had oil in them when I got them.....They still do as far as I know.

that made me laugh

I have a 11 year old Toro with a Kohler engine. Change the oil once a year and grease whatever fitting is has on pulleys and drives.

Quads/Motorcycle, etc., are all once a year with conventional because of the internal clutches and what not

I used 15W50 Mobil 1 automotive oil in a Triumph Bonneville for 9 years before I ever heard that it wasn't good for wet clutch systems. The clutch never started slipping even a little bit. I've now been using it in a 650 Burgman for about the same length of time and the wet clutch system in it still functions as it always did.

Supposedly, some of the synthetic motor oils have additives which will foul a wet clutch, and some say that Mobil 1 automotive oil is one of them.

It's done alright by me.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by RickyD
I use synthetic and change it every 10-12K. I also use the appropriate filter for longer periods in between changes.

This

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by stxhunter
honestly... when i get around to it.

Seems to be the way it works around here too.

I just have too much to do.........probably go through 100 gallons of motor oil a year...at least.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Anyone still use that Slick50 stuff?

People swore by that for years.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Yes....But feel free to elaborate.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by KFWA

that made me laugh

This made me think of Uncle Kenny....

He had a mower from Sears he bought new.... when it was about 22 or 23 years old, was at his house in Ohio.
Kenny said, that he NEVER changed the oil in anything....

was bragging on how his mower hadn't been changed in 23 years... and his 68 VW he communted to work in
hadn't been changed since new and it had over a 100,000 miles on it...

The VW finally rusted out at about 140K, so it was taken to the bone yard..

I was teasing him about being too cheap to spend 75 cents to a dollar on a quart of oil on his mower.
So evidently, he drained it after I left, and changed it for the first time...

A month later, the engine blew....

He called me up as mad as hell... until the day he died, he complained that I had caused his
Lawn Mower to blow up...

I offered to buy him a new mower, but he refused.. I think he liked having something to bitch about...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You're pretty feisty for a corpse.

💀

Thomas Jefferson

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

You're pretty feisty for a corpse.

💀
..........lol.😁. .lol.😁. .......Is that the best you can do GeoW?...George I assume?...Well George, I expected your comment. And in all cases when someone cannot produce any evidence or facts to back up their opinions then they always divert to something else un related to the original subject. As expected, ya got nothing. Nothing about any marketing illegalities about Ams oil and nothing about any mis-representations about the product content regrading their oil ......Opinions are like butt holes. Everybody has one....You obviously are entitled to whatever opinions u want. Proving them with facts and evidence? Now that is another story......But if u ever happen to come up with any factual evidence concerning any illegal activities (schemes) by Amsoil (actual court cases whereby they have been prosecuted) or any mis-representations by them of their product content, then I will stop using their products.....Now if u ever be in the So Cal area please feel free to PM me. Afterall, I bet u would love to meet the first corpse in history that came back to life.....Right?...lol.😁

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Every ~ 6,000 miles, oil & filter, Mobil 1. I snug up the oil pan fasteners periodically and the engine is not using oil or leaking oil at 307,000+ miles.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
My truck takes Dextron. It's some sort of high tech schit and doesn't need to be changed as often. I change it whenever the truck tells me to. Works out about every 8000 miles.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 160user, 1936M71, 1234, 54 invisible), 2,613 guests, and 1,375 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,696
Posts18,475,180
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.