Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I worked with a guy from south LA. He swore by some kinda horse medicine. Said both him and his dad took it.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Might try almonds.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
tag

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
An old WW2 Navy aircraft mechanic I use to work with had gold injected between the joints in his elbows and left shoulder... guess it was an old last ditch remedy way back when but he swore by it, wasn't permanent but lasted nearly 20 years each time he had it done, and he had it done 3 times. Don't know how its done and/or even if its done any more, don't remember if he even had it done in this country, he spent a lot of time in Belize after the war rebuilding ditched war equipment and building a hotel. As bad as he said his joints were... he worked till the day he died in 86'.

Phil

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RipSnort
What have you found to be the most effective over-the-counter arthritis drug, especially for hands? Not just for easing pain but for range of motion.

Thanks, RS

Aleve is an awesome quick fix, but there are some dangerous potential side effects and you can't take it anything like chronically. Just not healthy.

The very best nonprescription arthritis treatment is a sugar and starch free diet. Within three days you will feel like you're on Aleve all the time. Nothing simpler to do, even if it can be a self discipline challenge for many.

PS don't use artificial sweeteners. Just give up sweet tasting food, including fruit. No potatoes, rice, anything made from any sort of grain. Everything else is fine. Eat like an Eskimo, basically. All the animal fat and proteins you want, with lots of butter-or-cream-drenched non-starchy vegetables.

Oh, and the only side effects are improved health, elimination of most common chronic medical complaints, weight loss, and lowered risk of heart attack.

IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
What have you found to be the most effective over-the-counter arthritis drug, especially for hands? Not just for easing pain but for range of motion.

Thanks, RS

Aleve is an awesome quick fix, but there are some dangerous potential side effects and you can't take it anything like chronically. Just not healthy.

The very best nonprescription arthritis treatment is a sugar and starch free diet. Within three days you will feel like you're on Aleve all the time. Nothing simpler to do, even if it can be a self discipline challenge for many.

PS don't use artificial sweeteners. Just give up sweet tasting food, including fruit. No potatoes, rice, anything made from any sort of grain. Everything else is fine. Eat like an Eskimo, basically. All the animal fat and proteins you want, with lots of butter-or-cream-drenched non-starchy vegetables.

Oh, and the only side effects are improved health, elimination of most common chronic medical complaints, weight loss, and lowered risk of heart attack.

That is all well and good. But, will it cause the cartilage to regenerate in my joints where it is gone and the joint is bone on bone?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Thanks, RS

That is all well and good. But, will it cause the cartilage to regenerate in my joints where it is gone and the joint is bone on bone?

When you eliminate the source of inflammation (the modern diet), the body's capacity for healing and regeneration is remarkable. Can't guarantee anything in the case of severe damage like you describe, but eliminating the root cause of inflammation has got to help. Give it a try.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by battue
As mentioned WD40 is a petroleum distillate. Not much different than rubbing gasoline onto the area. Did it heal you? Most definitely no, because as of now there isn't a cure for arthritis. Treatments yes. Cures no. Did it kill the nerves? Well, let's hope not. Nerves control organs, muscle function, sensory recognition. Bone nerves usually are sensory in nature and serve the purpose of letting you know when something is wrong. Kill them and you end up damaging the bone further and eventually, you would have additional problems. Arthritis doesn't go away, and since you no longer have the problem, the best-case guess is you had a soft tissue/muscle injury that referred pain to the knee and eventually healed.

One thing for sure would be that petroleum distillates are not good for the lungs. Long-term breathing of WD40 droplets will most definitely case irreversible lung damage, and it doesn't much with fragile lung tissue. How is WD40 metabolized or eliminated from the body? Liver? Kidneys? I don't know, but long-term flushing can't be good for either.

I'm not saying it doesn't work, I am saying there is more than a better chance that it is not an innocuous remedy.

Whatever I had was chronic and painful for years. My knee has been fine for years. I will take the cure I received over a few more painful years.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The one and only time that I took Aleve, I broke out in Hives, all over. Very itchy and uncomfortable until my wife could get me some antihistamines. We had none on hand, and a 50 mile round trip until She returned with them. She put me in the tub with oatmeal. Can't say that it helped, but it did not seem to hurt. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've been doing a lot of research on vitamin K2. Unlike vitamin D3 which helps absorb calcium, K2 is more of the traffic cop for where absorbed calcium in deposited in the body. Some arthritis is related to calcium deposits in joints and soft tissue as opposed to bone. K2 has been shown to increase bone density and reduce the density of calcium in soft tissue. One of the potential uses is reversal of calcification in arteries. Another would be reversal of calcification in joints. This is not an over night fix of course. It would be something that may take months or years. But it may hit one of the root causes. I've been taking 4x 90mcg per day for the last 4 months. Look for products with MK-7 such as the following:

https://www.amazon.com/Jarrow-Formu...1851&sr=8-2&keywords=jarrow+mk-7

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
IC B3

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
I worked with a guy from south LA. He swore by some kinda horse medicine. Said both him and his dad took it.

It's called DMSO and it probably does help with some joint pain but once all the cartilage is gone in the joint no drug or diet will give you any long term relief

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

413 members (17CalFan, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 38 invisible), 1,816 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,754
Posts18,495,412
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.